Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2021, 05:46 PM

2,378 posts, read 1,316,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
yep, no problem at all! well..except for the 10 LAPD Officers who have died of covid, and the 60 NYPD Officers who died of it. In fact, Covid is now the leading cause of death of Police Officers...but according to you, "nothing to see here, run along now"
That is their choice to not be vaccinated. Not sure why this is hard to comprehend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2021, 05:51 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,294,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyfinestbxtf View Post
That is their choice to not be vaccinated. Not sure why this is hard to comprehend.
I comprehend it and agree, but it is not their choice to keep their current job and refuse to be vaccinated, why is that so hard for you to understand?

Old 10-14-2021, 06:17 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,885,622 times
Quote:
Markg91315 believes police are suppose to have the same ideology as the communities they serve. That’s absurd and moronic. True, most police officers lean conservative, but whether you’re a police officer in a predominantly red area or a blue area, you serve your communities equally and to the best of your ability with honor and integrity. Many police officers have sacrificed their lives in areas that do not share the same world view. You aren’t required to change your principles and virtues to mirror the community you serve. I don’t even understand that ideology.
It's simple - police are supposed to follow and enforce the rules of "the communities they serve." They know that when they sign up. If they won't do that, they should leave. They are welcome to privately grouse about some rules, but taking it public generally means time to go.

Old 10-14-2021, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Your view of our society being the greatest ever created is quaint. I agree it’s very impressive in a number of ways … but it misses the human realities still by a moon-shot. And, as much as it has worth, regardless, it needs to evolve with the times. Everything does. Liberals are crazy with their visions of the future. Conservatives are crazy to think we can live like the past.

Sorry to report: your children are already living under extreme subjugation … and you can look to technocracy and the world of finance waaaaay before government as the roots of that truth. Government is merely a tool of the former two.
Not quaint, it’s truth. Though we are not perfect, but I’m curious what realities are we missing by a moonshot? I do not believe we need to live in the past, but liberals are not the progressives they pretend to be. Their ideology is regressive, it’s old, tried, and tired. The philosophy of the conservative is in fact progressive, it’s new for our Founders were progressive. They were the Revolutionaries. No where else in the world has a representative government been established and that we are born with certain unalienable rights. These rights can’t be given by man or taken away by man. These are rights we are born with. Our Founders were true visionaries guided by virtues and principles. They understood the nature of man through studying, examining, understanding thousands of years of the human experience. It is these new virtues as a conservative want to preserve and to not be replaced with something old.

We aren’t under subjugation yet IMO, but getting there closer every day. True that big companies and corporations like Big Tech and finance use the power of the government, but the government in the end is more powerful than them. The government has a printing machine and big corporations don’t. It isn’t these companies I fear, it is the government I fear at the end of the day. Our government can make any company it wants to just disappear if they really want to. It’s not finance, Big Tech, and numerous other corporations causing the decline we are now experiencing. It isn’t them causing the troubles with the American supply chain, severe worker shortage, high cost of energy, or inflation; it is government policies and it’s just going to get worse, much worse.

Last edited by Nyfinestbxtf; 10-14-2021 at 07:03 PM..

Old 10-14-2021, 06:21 PM

108 posts, read 110,917 times
Chicago's police department is not mandating the vaccine. You want to know why? 50% of their police will quit or be fired. They recognize the disaster that would bring. The mandates are a terrible idea and will fail.

Old 10-14-2021, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
It's simple - police are supposed to follow and enforce the rules of "the communities they serve." They know that when they sign up. If they won't do that, they should leave. They are welcome to privately grouse about some rules, but taking it public generally means time to go.
Police swear an oath to uphold the Constitution of the United States and the state Constitution in which they are employed. They didn’t swear an oath to uphold an ordinance or mandate of the local community. Because some politician who sweeps in and mandates a police officer to get a shot, that officer is obliged under the conditions of their employment? I don’t recall signing up for that. So, if a police officer chooses to not get the jab, then the chips fall where they may. Fire them if they will. I would rather put the onus on the place of employment rather than voluntarily leave. Liberty is worth fighting for more than just a job. It is called having principles, honor, and self respect. I’m not going to compromise on my principles, period. This is something people like you are void of.

Police have been serving their communities effectively at the height of the pandemic for a year. Now they need to be vaccinated to continue serving their communities effectively? BS!!

As I said, you should have been talking about the science of the vaccine rather than implementing mandates like the little tyrants you are. You would of had more success with the former than the latter.

Last edited by Nyfinestbxtf; 10-14-2021 at 06:42 PM..

Old 10-14-2021, 06:47 PM

15 posts, read 23,695 times
The CDC reclassified, Pneumonia, Influenza and Covid as one big stat called PIC in 2020 so there's no way to know by the stats they push in our faces which of those three one has or died from if they do die. Influenza was at very minute to nil fraction during covid height of what it has been since they've taken stats so there you go. Go to american thinker and lookup the may 6 2021 article called the incredible vanishing flu. Natural immunity is the safest, most natural and oldest form of public health. There's no excuse for forcing someone to get vaxxed, that's tyranny and based on some form of mental illness which thinks some unknown unseen thing is passed by someone not vaxxed with no proof whatsoever. Just let people decide and don't encourage more loss of freedom, because we won't get it back and it's rapidly declining for 50+ years.

Old 10-14-2021, 07:37 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,885,622 times
Quote:
Police swear an oath to uphold the Constitution of the United States and the state Constitution in which they are employed. They didn’t swear an oath to uphold an ordinance or mandate of the local community. Because some politician who sweeps in and mandates a police officer to get a shot, that officer is obliged under the conditions of their employment? I don’t recall signing up for that. So, if a police officer chooses to not get the jab, then the chips fall where they may. Fire them if they will. I would rather put the onus on the place of employment rather than voluntarily leave. Liberty is worth fighting for more than just a job. It is called having principles, honor, and self respect. I’m not going to compromise on my principles, period. This is something people like you are void of.

Police have been serving their communities effectively at the height of the pandemic for a year. Now they need to be vaccinated to continue serving their communities effectively? BS!!

As I said, you should have been talking about the science of the vaccine rather than implementing mandates like the little tyrants you are. You would of had more success with the former than the latter.
Losing thousands of work hours being sick isn't the most effective service, and now it's mostly avoidable.

Also, persuasion doesn't work on people who refuse to listen or use dubious counterarguments. I personally would've emphasized risk of infection, particularly non-fatal consequences, to unvaccinated people who are 30+, but it's too late for that now. Attitudes clearly too entrenched in, for example, what if the vaccine causes side effects years from now.

Police who don't like it can quit, but it's not okay to loudly spread bogus science (e.g., implied lack of risk of serious consequences to people who are reasonably healthy and not elderly) , vaguely threaten to undermine safety by quitting en masse, or encourage each other to falsely claim religiosity they don't have. Those behaviors are not up to standards police allegedly abide by.

The only valid argument I see is for a delay to seek new employment, given that mandatory vaccination is somewhat of a surprise for police (but not so for healthcare workers and the military and hence constitutionality "liberty" arguments are very unlikely to work). I'd just as well agree to pay suspended officers for a month or a little more and let them keep their health benefits too (which they probably can in any form of suspension) rather than delay the mandate.

Old 10-14-2021, 08:39 PM

21,741 posts, read 16,361,136 times
Quote:
I do not see how it makes sense to create numerous non-LE non-uniform agencies to handle various calls police routinely respond to. Sounds inefficient, ineffective, and quite complicated. I do agree about EMS and FD responding to non-violent EDP calls. They are trained in handling those situations as police are and they are familiar with the hospital process if it leads to that. Often times EMS respond to EDP calls for they are considered an aided case. I do know compared to other LE agencies, NYPD has among the best records for low incidents in handling EDP’s. I have responded to thousands of EDP calls and had no serious incidents. Crime scenes being processed and investigated by a non-LE agency makes even less sense. Some of the best detectives and investigators became who they are from working the street. You can’t learn it from a book. It takes years of experience being a street cop, answering jobs, making arrests, being proactive, conducting street investigations, interviewing witnesses, knocking on doors, learning how to talk to many various people and the best ways to get info from them, knowing how to interrogate and separate truth from BS. The building cases from under covers and informants. It is to no surprise the NYPD has among the most elite counter terror units in the nation. We have cops posted undercover globally. Some non-LE agency can handle those tasks without the experience of a street cop? What happens when a cop is shot? This civilian agency will conduct the investigation? No Fing way! What about chain of custody issues with evidence? I wouldn’t trust them investigating a simple fender bender, let alone a homicide or robbery pattern. Even knowing and understanding accident prone locations where police can target those locations for enforcement. I do not know who your friends are who would suggest civilians processing crime scenes and conducting such investigations, but I question their time on the street. Why even have a police department then? Just have unarmed civilians handle all police duties.

These are just some of the reasons I can think of off the top of my head. It’s the reasons I can’t think of you should be concerned with why civilians shouldn’t conduct many of the duties police handle.

If a city, town, state, or county wants to reallocate funds and put a greeter in every police station to greet walk ins, by all means. Heck, even put a social worker and psychologist in the back of every RMP (police car) that’s on patrol. That would be fun.

Yup, “defund the police” was a moronic slogan probably coined by some leftist white female suburban woman who lives in mostly white gated community. Ask every law abiding citizen in the ghetto if the police should be defunded. Every one will answer “we need more police.”
Whooops. You jumped to a conclusion that is unfounded. But perhaps I should have explained better: I was not suggesting that these non-enforcement tasks be performed by inexperienced ‘civilians’. Those functions I listed can be handled by trained personnel who interact with traditional LEOs within the larger department.

You trained and operated as an armed combatant. The equipment and applications you carried and utilized are simply not necessary, nor appropriate, for many of calls you responded to. In fact, certain events are specifically better served without the intimidation many civilians feel when engaged by helmets, badges, boots, firearms, body armor, etc.

Trained combatants are, rightly, compensated for their level of risks. In my service, I received a modest base pay always (and flight pay often) … but when in theatre I received additional combat pay, plus additional hazardous duty pay for some of my particular assignments. You received a higher rate of pay that reflected being at risk everyday. Measuring skid marks and calming cat ladies require training … but not much risk. Thus there are potential budgetary savings that can be applied to more personnel, of all types.

So, branches of trained personnel in larger departments. Anyway, I won’t belabor this tangent because I’ve only conversational familiarity. Point was to counter the poor phrase “Defund the Police” with some clarification of what a number of police departments have done and are transitioning to that is intended to improve policing through better allocation of funds / resources.

That all said, the on-topic connection is: when I served, the military gave me no option to being a human pin-cushion, shot full of drugs and vaccines. Without arguing the right or wrong of this particular Covid vaccine, I’ll point out the connection to adherence to command protocols. Whether the troops like it or not, military service requires absolute fealty to command. Like it or not, orders is orders. Unless you have an extraordinary reason to buck Cap’n Bligh, mutiny doesn’t play well, to put it mildly. You cops can walk away from orders any time you want. Quit if you don’t agree with command.

Old 10-14-2021, 09:18 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,294,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertzian56 View Post
The CDC reclassified, Pneumonia, Influenza and Covid as one big stat called PIC in 2020 so there's no way to know by the stats they push in our faces which of those three one has or died from if they do die. Influenza was at very minute to nil fraction during covid height of what it has been since they've taken stats so there you go. Go to american thinker and lookup the may 6 2021 article called the incredible vanishing flu. Natural immunity is the safest, most natural and oldest form of public health. There's no excuse for forcing someone to get vaxxed, that's tyranny and based on some form of mental illness which thinks some unknown unseen thing is passed by someone not vaxxed with no proof whatsoever. Just let people decide and don't encourage more loss of freedom, because we won't get it back and it's rapidly declining for 50+ years.
Not true that claim was made by Dinesh D'Souza on Twitter and it is untrue. https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...nt/3254404001/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles