Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2007, 01:04 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,102,570 times

Advertisements

LOL....he's AMAZING....I'd have a tough time choosing....I really like Varitek, and Beckett.....but I may have to go with Ellsbury....geez then there's Schilling---who I really expect will be wearing that jersey again next year! My oldest daughter has a Coco shirt....the more I think about it the harder it is for me

Old 10-26-2007, 01:10 PM

2,133 posts, read 5,877,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedsista1 View Post

That "washed-up-has-been" guy that came along with Josh!

Ya, it was nice of them to toss him into the trade. He's really proven to be a bad deal, hasn't he??

I chose Manny because he makes me smile. I just love his happy-go-lucky, laid back attitude, yet the talent that comes out when it's most needed is simply amazing.

However, if I were going to have a wardrobe of Sox jerseys, then definitely Veritek, Ellsbury, Beckett & Schilling would make the list.

Old 10-26-2007, 01:25 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,102,570 times
did you see the poster in the crowd the other night?

"don't worry, be Manny"

gotta love it!!

Old 10-26-2007, 03:57 PM

2,133 posts, read 5,877,896 times
I did see that Pretty much sums it up, doesn't it?

Old 10-26-2007, 05:38 PM

121 posts, read 415,174 times
Default Go Sox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
This may expose me as the outsider that I am, but can someone please explain to me the fascination that Mainers have for the Red Sox?

I could understand if they were called, maybe the New England Red Sox, but c'mon-Boston is in a completely different state.
The Red Sox is New England's team, as we in New England have no other.
Heck, even Rudy's now rooting for the Red Sox. It's only a technicality that they are not called "New England" Red Sox like the Patriots are.
Everywhere I've lived in New England it's the Red Sox. Deal.

Old 10-26-2007, 06:34 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,384,753 times
I wouldn't mind having a shirt that simply said "Poppy" on it either I think he gets underrated at times

Old 10-26-2007, 08:47 PM

5,816 posts, read 15,917,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
ok ogre, you're making me blush..... thank you
Just call me the Blushmaster.

Old 10-26-2007, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7th generation View Post

Hope and pray the Sox beat up on the Rox!!

Oooh ohhh....just went to the Colorado forum in the Denver sub and boy are they dissing us!! Unite Maine CDers and defend our Sox!!! Of course I had to post my thoughts in their thread...~he~he.
After reading this, I checked out that forum. In the last couple of days it's degenerated into a bunch of fans of both teams talking smack. It's to the point of being so ridiculous I don't even want to jump in with some half-sane comment, because why bother. To give you some idea how silly that whole thing has gotten, one issue that has had a number of posts, so it has actually turned into a debate, is whether the Rockies swept the Sox in June, or took two out of three. Kind of silly since it's so easy to look up, but it gets worse. Someone did finally provide the factual info that the series in question was two of three, and then a Rockies fan got on with the claim that it really was a sweep because the one the Rockies lost was just a warm-up for the Rockies, so the other two games constituted a sweep. This is getting foolish enough, but then someone actually bothered to respond, and debate the issue of whether that constituted a sweep. I know some of these people are meaning to be humorous, but even the humor is getting sophomoric.

On the other hand, I didn't see too many disses of the Sox before the thread degenerated into all of that inanity. There was one obnoxious post that had a big picture of the Buckner error. One other guy came up with the highly original "Boston sucks." Otherwise the talk centered on how excited people were getting about the Rockies. The thread started in middle or late Sept., before it was decided whether the Rox would even make the playoffs, so I found it enjoyable to read the posts and watch the building excitement over each new stage the team reached. If you keep in mind that this is a new experience for Rockies' fans (though, admittedly not Denver, since a couple of their other teams have won championships), I found it fun to see how much people there are enjoying this. I just hope they don't end up enjoying it too much.

Old 10-26-2007, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
did you see the poster in the crowd the other night?

"don't worry, be Manny"

gotta love it!!
Another good poster in the crowd: the Papelbon Irish ***.

Old 10-26-2007, 09:10 PM

----you buy a Red Sox ball shirt, whose name is on the back?

(and don't say you won't buy one, just PRETEND and tell me whose name is on the back!) [quote, Mollysmiles]

The truth? Like some others on here, I'd have to have a wardrobe of several shirts. How many? Let's see, how many players are on the roster?

Seriously, one fun thing about all this is that it's such a likeable bunch of players. I think I really would have to have a shirt for all 25 . . . plus a few more who did their bit at various times during the season and have since been traded (e.g., Gabbard) or are already on winter break due to youth and inexperience (Buckholz). Geez, despite all the nerve-wracking moments, and the potential for eventual disappointment, this is FUN!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine