Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2016, 11:45 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,019,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by inthetrees View Post
Med growers only get priority on licenses if they have had 3 or more registered patients for 2 years.
So the little guy gets left behind.
It's 800,000 sf canopy space.

A medical grower would just need 128 sf to make 100,000/yr in revenue.

There's plenty of space.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2016, 12:16 PM

565 posts, read 935,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
It's 800,000 sf canopy space.

A medical grower would just need 128 sf to make 100,000/yr in revenue.

There's plenty of space.
I think your numbers are quite a bit off.

Old 11-27-2016, 04:50 PM

7,057 posts, read 9,083,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin5098 View Post
There are many who say that marijuana prohibition is unconstitutional. It took a Constitutional ammendment to ban alcohol. How can the federal government ban marijuana with a simple law?

As you have pointed out, it is a federal responsibility to uphold the 2A. They don't seem to take this as seriously as their responsibility to uphold other civil rights.
Right. There are some inconsistencies here that need to be corrected.

Old 11-29-2016, 01:54 PM

Location: MA/ME (the way life should not be / the way it should be)
1,266 posts, read 1,388,809 times
If the feds will back off on their federal laws, i have to say there is no better time to become a farmer... if Squid is true.

Old 12-01-2016, 07:37 AM

565 posts, read 935,730 times
Another Cannabis farmers market in Portland this Saturday 12/3.

Old 12-01-2016, 08:09 AM

428 posts, read 554,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKezarWoodsman View Post
If the feds will back off on their federal laws, i have to say there is no better time to become a farmer... if Squid is true.
It amazes me that so many have no problem with states nullifying federal laws pertaining to cannabis or "sanctuary cities" yet demand enforcement of federal laws pertaining to abortion, firearms or gay marriage.

Old 12-01-2016, 03:05 PM

3,925 posts, read 4,131,283 times
So.... after all this talk.... anyone have any idea how much this stuff is going to cost for say 1/4 oz? I heard $450 an ounce. For that I'd rather have an $80 bottle of scotch Whiskey.

Old 12-01-2016, 05:57 PM

7,057 posts, read 9,083,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin5098 View Post
It amazes me that so many have no problem with states nullifying federal laws pertaining to cannabis or "sanctuary cities" yet demand enforcement of federal laws pertaining to abortion, firearms or gay marriage.
Are you unable to discern the fact that the inconsistencies have been noted and brought up for discussion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyfox2 View Post
So.... after all this talk.... anyone have any idea how much this stuff is going to cost for say 1/4 oz? I heard $450 an ounce. For that I'd rather have an $80 bottle of scotch Whiskey.
$450 would be outrageous. I remember when an ounce of the best was only $40. I would thing that increased availability would put the prices in a more reasonable range.

I'm with you on the whiskey...but not Scotch, can't stand the stuff. However, a nice, well-aged bottle of small-batch, single-barrel Bourbon would be my preference as well...Elijah Craig is quite nice.

My buddies got me to try [smoking] pot when I was a young feller, I didn't like it. It either put me to sleep, or made me puke and then put me to sleep. I decided that I much preferred booze.

In the Army, while out on missions I would occasionally chew on the twigs that the other guys cleaned out of their dope. It seemed to have a slight 'calming' effect but didn't make me high. I don't think there's much THC in the twigs (I didn't have a clue back then), might have been completely placebo effect.

Would I try it again? I dunno, maybe, but I don't really have any great urge to.

Old 12-01-2016, 06:32 PM

428 posts, read 554,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
Are you unable to discern the fact that the inconsistencies have been noted and brought up for discussion?
I humbly apologize...

Old 12-02-2016, 10:34 AM

792 posts, read 1,302,310 times
Here is a question that I posed on another State forum and perhaps someone from Maine can explain: Currently, based on Federal Law, the Marijuana industry is confined to a strict cash basis, as no federally insured institution can accept known "illegal" gains.

Therefore, how can any State or local entity accept and/or process those same "illegally gotten" gains, referred to as "taxes". The average business guy is or would be strictly limited to any banking process, yet said entity can appear to accept and process without consequence....how does that work ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine