Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2020, 10:29 AM

2,435 posts, read 1,321,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
I'm picturing the man sprawled out on a second-hand couch (courtesy of Allston Christmas) with a huge bag of Cool Ranch Doritos, swigging from a 2-liter bottle of Mountain Dew, and watching The Voice.

You're both wrong. For the horribly curious, Lovesac, Don Julio 1942, and Spicy Nacho Doritos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2020, 10:50 AM

15,799 posts, read 20,504,199 times
I only go in if I need access to lab equipment. My role as manager means I could technically do 5 days a week at home, but at the same time i'm actively running experiments and tests myself, so I need access to equipment that is at the office.

However, I've found myself going into the office and shutting the door and doing all my meetings and emails from there instead, even if my house is empty. There's something be said about getting out of the house and having a routine.

Our official return-to-work policy is delayed to at least Jan 1, 2021. There's already talk about extending that deadline out to summer. We are technically operating on a 2-day per week rotating set schedule, with some exceptions granted to go in any day if needed. I have two employees I haven't seen since March. We have regular update meetings and they are getting their work done and then some, so why fix what's not broken. They want to stay home, and they are effective.

The one thing I do like, is that work schedule flexibility seems to be more accepted. I can only speak to my office, and the vendors/customers I deal with, but now it seems like working at any point in a 24 hr day is more accepted. By that I mean, not starting until 10AM, or stopping at noon, but then doing 3-4 hours or work in the evening. This is to accommodate schools which may be hybrid and have student in the home, child care, or any other reason. No real negative feelings for someone who takes advantage of that, without taking advantage of it. This has been the most stress-free year for me personally with regards to work schedule, travel to/from office and making arrangements with regards to home situation and office hours. The actual work, and 2020 in general however are certainly not stress-free. But I really wouldn't mind a continuing schedule like this, especially going into the winter with possible storms and raw weather.

Gotta look for the silver lining in such a year as this.

Last edited by BostonMike7; 11-13-2020 at 11:05 AM..

Old 11-13-2020, 11:25 AM

16,405 posts, read 8,198,277 times
I do know some people who have been going in at least a few days a week. One of my friends goes in once a week for a few hours and because of this has to be tested every week.

I think many people especially those with kids have work from home fatigue.

Old 11-13-2020, 12:31 PM

448 posts, read 282,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by id77 View Post
You're both wrong. For the horribly curious, Lovesac, Don Julio 1942, and Spicy Nacho Doritos.

Whats on TV?

Old 11-13-2020, 12:39 PM

2,435 posts, read 1,321,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtolpin View Post
Whats on TV?
During the day, it's either off or it's Sesame Street/Peppa since they're the unfortunate new daycare replacement during meetings.

At night after the kid's in bed, it's often off or sometimes something short like Last Week Tonight, Politically Incorrect, or Full Frontal (3 guesses as to my leanings). Whatever it is, it's most definitely not reality TV or talent shows.

Old 11-13-2020, 01:08 PM

448 posts, read 282,292 times
Quote:
During the day, it's either off or it's Sesame Street/Peppa since they're the unfortunate new daycare replacement during meetings.

At night after the kid's in bed, it's often off or sometimes something short like Last Week Tonight, Politically Incorrect, or Full Frontal (3 guesses as to my leanings). Whatever it is, it's most definitely not reality TV or talent shows.
Intersting. thinking about how TV choices - morning before work its news, evening its news. Then whatever we can find from netflix, amazon etc....

Cable was cut, so its antenna (for 2/4/5/7/fox) or nothing.

Old 11-13-2020, 03:35 PM

17,739 posts, read 9,192,519 times
2,674 new cases, 23 new deaths.

Old 11-13-2020, 03:48 PM

But MA is not going to be shutting down

Old 11-13-2020, 04:09 PM

1,362 posts, read 873,909 times
Quote:

I find Peppa to be therapeutic, but our kids are edging out of that age. I may just watch it on my own. The Tumbleleaf intro puts me into a "Calgon, take me away" headspace, and that is also very soothing. It's not uncommon to find me rocking back and forth, my arms wrapped around my shins, with that on repeat.

Old 11-13-2020, 04:36 PM

Default re

Personally I prefer Pinkalicious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts