Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2022, 05:01 PM

16,412 posts, read 8,198,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Seems like they have.
Some Have others are bitching for more money. Either way it's made dining out a bad experience and many aren't doing that anymore either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2022, 05:06 PM

7,241 posts, read 4,549,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Most people don't open a restaurant expecting to get rich, sometimes they get lucky but often people open a restaurant to serve their communities with good food, good service and they like food, maybe were a former chef, etc.
When did I swear an oath to make life easier for people that want to run a restaurant? If they have a bad business it should go out of business. I think for too long people have been supporting these places via tips to workers or going there for meals.

I suspect though this problem really is about age and people retiring. Especially in the cases of these bad / cheap restaurant. No one wants to come take them over.

Old 11-30-2022, 05:08 PM
r_p

230 posts, read 221,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
And this is kind of some of the food snobbery I am talking about. How are many restaurants supposed to be able to afford the top notch foods that people like you so require now? They can't seem to stay open as it is never mind having fresh food shipped from the farm or the sea. Those that do that are often higher end restaurants and you pay for it. A diner or a 99 isn't going to have that.
So its snobbery to expect meat/eggs/dairy from ethically/humanely raised animals?

Old 11-30-2022, 05:08 PM

No one did. I have no dog in this fight as I don't own a restaurant nor do I go to restaurants often anymore. I think we will end up seeing more and more expensive chain restaurants

Old 11-30-2022, 05:09 PM

Default Te

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_p View Post
So its snobbery to expect meat/eggs/dairy from ethically/humanely raised animals?
That's not what you said initially. Everyone wants that but it's more expensive I would think than the latter.

Old 11-30-2022, 05:24 PM

3,626 posts, read 1,844,995 times
I decided to try a local, independent sandwich shop near me once. Got a chicken caesar wrap....$13. That was the first and last time. I can make one that is better. I won't patronize a place, even if it is an independent, if I can make something better than the crap they're doling out....even for the convenience factor...I'd rather keep the $13 in my pocket. Chain restaurants...forget it...I never patronize them.

Old 11-30-2022, 05:26 PM

23,568 posts, read 18,707,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
I suspect though this problem really is about age and people retiring. Especially in the cases of these bad / cheap restaurant. No one wants to come take them over.
Who said Lindsey's is a bad restaurant???

Old 11-30-2022, 05:31 PM

Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgal123 View Post
I decided to try a local, independent sandwich shop near me once. Got a chicken caesar wrap....$13. That was the first and last time. I can make one that is better. I won't patronize a place, even if it is an independent, if I can make something better than the crap they're doling out....even for the convenience factor...I'd rather keep the $13 in my pocket. Chain restaurants...forget it...I never patronize them.
I agree. I make a lot of things better myself lol. It's not even convenient anymore to call and order then have to drive to the place to pick it up etc. I ordered a green juice at a place last year and it was about $9. As I was paying the person said would you like to leave a gratuity. I said not today. I mean really a tip for a $9 juice. I'm already giving this place business by getting the $9 juice in the first place. Guess I'll make it at home.

Old 11-30-2022, 05:32 PM

Some restaurants aren't meant to be in business forever. I have never heard of lindsays but it sounds like they wanted to stay open and just couldn't. Other places I can of were happy to retire and sell the business/property to someone else.

Old 11-30-2022, 05:57 PM

2,066 posts, read 1,073,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r_p View Post
Here’s an artisanal organic freerange cruelty-free boiled egg just as you requested, that’ll $25 plus 20% kitchen appreciation fee. Don’t forget to tip!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts