Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2022, 11:17 AM

21,631 posts, read 12,773,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgal123 View Post
) Asians don't maintain their yards.
Apart from this being racist...

In my experience, many Asians in urban areas like Dorchester, Quincy, and Malden simply pave over their postage stamp-size yards. There is nothing to maintain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2022, 11:20 AM

16,395 posts, read 8,198,277 times
I've noticed Asians tend to put out what I thought were lion statues on their lawn but I guess those are actually dogs:

https://dharmacrafts.com/products/fo...caAlYUEALw_wcB

Old 12-05-2022, 11:31 AM

21,631 posts, read 12,773,959 times
^none of this seems like any logical reason to be mad at anyone.

My guess is he feels his remaining in Quincy is some noble last stand against an asian takeover. Who knows.

Old 12-05-2022, 11:35 AM

5,792 posts, read 5,107,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonguy1960 View Post
Hmmm...it's not as if Chinese or other Asians are new here in Quincy. Where has he been?

If he is a lifelong resident of Quincy or the nearby area, he knows that. You'd think he'd have at least adjusted somewhat or fully to their Quincy presence after the past few decades. Didn't the Chinese influx to Quincy start in the mid 80s, perhaps?

I have lived here 18 plus years, but am not certain, just that I had heard that estimate of their arrival when chatting with a lifetime local in her 30s about ten years ago.

Does he insist on white dentists -- maybe even Irish? -- doctors, cashiers, police, paramedics etc. when in need? Who knows, maybe he'll be sent to an Asian psychologist after this. Oh, the irony.

Due to such startling bravado, this may not be the first time he's done something like this. Just hasn't been caught, perhaps? And he may have escaped this time if not for the nearby construction worker who jumped in a car and followed him.
If the law doesn't get him, Father Time certainly will....and I hope soon. Quincy will be much better for it.

Old 12-05-2022, 11:38 AM

https://www.boston.com/news/crime/20...0DFVlbXND-XQHY

I'm guessing he's losing his mind.

Old 12-05-2022, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgal123 View Post
While this guy is no doubt sick in the head, he could be extra disgruntled about the disheveled looking properties around him. (Many) Asians don't maintain their yards. Ask me how I know! lol
Really? No trashy houses own by white people, or any other folks?

Old 12-05-2022, 11:45 AM

7,924 posts, read 7,814,489 times
I have family and roots in quincy. Say whatever you want about Asians coming in but you have to admit that if they didn't come in the city would have a huge loss. I can name places that have had zero if not negative population growth. Holyoke was once 60,000 people and then to 40,000 and is now maybe 35,000. Yeah I get it things change but it doesn't mean people are bad. Ethnic neighborhoods can change with time.

Old 12-05-2022, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I've noticed Asians tend to put out what I thought were lion statues on their lawn but I guess those are actually dogs:

https://dharmacrafts.com/products/fo...caAlYUEALw_wcB
Have you seen some homes of folks of Italian descent???? LOL How about houses own by white people who have a flock of plastic pink flamingos in the front yard? Or a house with a junk car/truck as front yard decoration?

Old 12-05-2022, 11:46 AM

Default anon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
Really? No trashy houses own by white people, or any other folks?
Go to Hyde Park. There's no asian people and the majority of the homes are a mess.

This isn't rocket science though. If you're living in a neighborhood like Hyde Park or Quincy perhaps you don't have the extra money to make your house look nice? If there's literally trash around it then that's just laziness but housing repairs and making a house look nice cost MONEY. Most people are already paying a good amount of money to live in these places, probably have kids and other bills so yeah a house looking nice is last on the list. If you want people who have beautiful looking up kept homes I would say go to a more affluent area.

Old 12-05-2022, 11:48 AM

Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
Have you seen some homes of folks of Italian descent???? LOL How about houses own by white people who have a flock of plastic pink flamingos in the front yard? Or a house with a junk car/truck as front yard decoration?
Calm down. I wasn't saying no one else puts up strange things outside their homes.

But honestly no, what do Italians do to their homes these days?

Can't tell you the last time I saw flamingos outside a house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts