Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2023, 10:18 AM

3,626 posts, read 1,844,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I'm on Nantucket now and I can't fathom why people pay what they pay to stay here. My friend has a house here and he said he could rent it for 40k a week. For what? To go to the same beaches you could go at the cape ? This isn't bora bora or the almalfi coast.
It's so they can post on instagram that they were in #ACK for 4th of July!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2023, 10:18 AM

2,710 posts, read 1,736,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgal123 View Post
KW and probably some other agencies do a 70/30 split where agents keep 70%. So it could be a good chunk more than what you indicated that they actually walk away with. Enough for a nice, solid down payment on an $800K-900K home! I wouldn't complain even if that was my only sale for the whole year. Not to mention, this agent now has bragging rights for highest priced sale in whole state. Now every high net worth client will probably be giving her a ring if they're thinking about selling which means the gravy train will just keep flowing.
https://yourcbl.com/keller-williams-commission-split/
If they make one sale per year, do they work full time somewhere else? Or is this considered a full time job? What if they never make a sale? Seems risky to be an agent.

Old 07-03-2023, 10:21 AM

3,626 posts, read 1,844,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix5k View Post
If they make one sale per year, do they work full time somewhere else? Or is this considered a full time job? What if they never make a sale? Seems risky to be an agent.
All the ones I've hired have been full time agents. However, I think there are some that have other streams of income or their significant other can support all the bills if push came to shove and they weren't selling anything.

The six figure agents are probably the ones that have been in the same community forever and have 'most' of the listings. You see the same names popping up on all the new listings.

Old 07-03-2023, 10:44 AM

23,570 posts, read 18,722,077 times
Quote:
Wow did you even read what you copy and pasted? Anyone can join the American Consumer Council for free from anywhere in the US, and the credit union will even pay for your membership SMH. I called the credit union and they told me to do this! You can call them yourself and ask, their number is 800.374.2758 and they'll give you the code for free membership!

Now stop embarrassing yourself... Anymore questions about how to join? There's a whole thread dedicated to this on a car forum that I follow and not a single person was denied membership! Now go ahead and tell me I'm wrong bro.

I wouldn't be surprised if this gets reported and deleted because I'm right...

Oh so, "be part of one of these groups but you are not...nothing to worry about you can join this political organization we selected for you!" (and by the way they are not free).

Nah think I'm all set...

Old 07-03-2023, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Oh so, "be part of one of these groups but you are not...nothing to worry about you can join this political organization we selected for you!" (and by the way they are not free).

Nah think I'm all set...
They are free, the page that you copy and pasted even says the CU pays for the membership! LoL.

I'm convinced you're a troll.

You claim I don't have 50k in the bank, I show you proof. "that's fake". You claim there was no auto loan for 3.49%, I show you proof. "No one can join". I show you how to join, "it's not free." You copy and paste the terms that say it's free and I show you that it's free, "nah I'm all set". You say I posted several apple and oranges sales and keep moving the goal posts from Duxbury in 2019, I ask you to show me where. "You're twisting my words and you know what I'm talking about!". LoL. I'm done with your trolling, bye.

Last edited by matrix5k; 07-03-2023 at 11:12 AM..

Old 07-03-2023, 11:07 AM

23,570 posts, read 18,722,077 times
Quote:
They are free, the page that you copy and pasted even says the CU pays for the membership! LoL.

"Pays for their membership" does not equal free. That is deceiving.

Old 07-03-2023, 11:10 AM

9,882 posts, read 7,212,572 times
Quote:
KW and probably some other agencies do a 70/30 split where agents keep 70%. So it could be a good chunk more than what you indicated that they actually walk away with. Enough for a nice, solid down payment on an $800K-900K home! I wouldn't complain even if that was my only sale for the whole year. Not to mention, this agent now has bragging rights for highest priced sale in whole state. Now every high net worth client will probably be giving her a ring if they're thinking about selling which means the gravy train will just keep flowing.
https://yourcbl.com/keller-williams-commission-split/
Even so, it's still not buying a nice house for cash as you first noted.

As for a nice down payment - yes it is. But since most real estate agents are self-employed, they have to provide much more documentation to get a $600K mortgage. One good sale doesn't do it.

Old 07-03-2023, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Let's face it, it's mostly about luck. If they're in the right market at the right time, have the right connections all they have to do is open the door for these high net worth individuals. Yes, they have to have some negotiating skill but these estates sell themselves. What's not to like about a gorgeous waterfront property? Just need someone w/the wallet and obviously Nantucket is a mecca for folks w/FU money.
The agents that have these high price listings have been in that business for years. They have a client list and network with high price agents around the world. They don't hang an "open house" sign on Sunday for the lookie loos to check it out. Contacts are worked, open houses are by invitation and catered with a few thousand dollars budgeted. Private showings are based on when the client can come in and out in their Gulfstream.

This ain't Suzy Homemaker working a part-time job.

Old 07-03-2023, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
"Pays for their membership" does not equal free. That is deceiving.
Be gone troll.

Old 07-03-2023, 11:22 AM

Quote:
As I noted above, the agent on this sale works full time brokering these high dollar sales.

Here in Burlington, there are a few realtors whose names pop up all the time. They are typically doing 3-5 sales a month in the high six/low seven figure transaction price. They work full-time. Back in 2022, one I know was closing almost 10/month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts