Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2023, 08:59 PM

23,546 posts, read 18,693,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix5k View Post
Just shows how easy boomers had it. I bet they didn't have six figure student loan debt either.

Oh so Mr. "Never Whine About Anything" is now picking on the boomers?

Most of us non-boomers didn't end up with six-figure student loan debt either. Go cry us a river.

A little birdie just said that those "suspended" payments will be starting up again. Gonna go bish to your senator now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2023, 09:13 PM

2,710 posts, read 1,731,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Oh that? Yes and I still stand by it. Rates at my own CU (which consistently offers among the lowest in the state) are now starting in the mid 4s for new auto loans. Your deceptively linking a CU that has very specific membership requirements and is not open to the general public, let's just end it right there.

BUDDY. JUST STOP. You know very well what you implied. That your friend being unable to find a place in Duxbury meeting his requirements for $600K-700K or whatever, somehow suggests that this house in question sold for below the going rate. It's absurd.

And all those responses were either 100% insincere (just to prove a point), or were simply foolish financial advice that NO credible individual would offer. What was I supposed to say? If I responded to every ridiculous post I saw on City-Data, I mean...
The credit union I linked is opened to anyone in the US. I got 3.49% at the time along with many others. I'll gladly post a screenshot but of course you'll deny it's "proof" so whatever dude.

No idea what you're ranting about now.

Old 07-02-2023, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Oh so Mr. "Never Whine About Anything" is now picking on the boomers?

Most of us non-boomers didn't end up with six-figure student loan debt either. Go cry us a river.

A little birdie just said that those "suspended" payments will be starting up again. Gonna go bish to your senator now?
Senator, huh? I paid off my student loans years ago. You're the one that's constantly complaining about real estate prices here...

Old 07-02-2023, 09:17 PM

Quote:
The credit union I linked is opened to anyone in the US.

Not according to their site you linked.

Old 07-02-2023, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Senator, huh? I paid off my student loans years ago. You're the one that's constantly complaining about real estate prices here...

I say that the home prices are stupid, which I think most rational people would agree. But if you want to call that whining, go right ahead. Just don't be a hypocrite and say you never do yourself, when you drop a "must be nice..." comment.

Old 07-02-2023, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Not according to their site you linked.
You have no idea what you're talking about. Anyone can join for free.

Old 07-02-2023, 09:49 PM

Quote:
You have no idea what you're talking about. Anyone can join for free.

Right from their site, bro:

https://www.ussfcu.org/about-us/join-ussfcu

"
YOU ARE ELIGIBLE IF:

Additionally, whether or not the employees themselves become members, they may extend the membership to their immediate families and households.
  • You are an immediate family member of a current USSFCU Member. This includes:
    • Spouses
    • Immediate family (child, sibling, parent, grandparent, grandchild, stepparent, stepchild, step-sibling, or adoptive relationship)
    • Household members (persons living in the same residence and maintaining a single economic unit)
As a member of the Society, either as an individual or as an employee, you are automatically eligible to join USSFCU. when you become a USCHS member today.
[CENTER]Learn more about joining the USCHS[/CENTER]
VACC membership takes a matter of minutes and you don’t have to live in Virginia, you can join the VACC from anywhere in the U.S. Plus, USSFCU will cover your membership dues. Follow the instructions below to join:"

Old 07-03-2023, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Right from their site, bro:

https://www.ussfcu.org/about-us/join-ussfcu

"
YOU ARE ELIGIBLE IF:

Additionally, whether or not the employees themselves become members, they may extend the membership to their immediate families and households.
  • You are an immediate family member of a current USSFCU Member. This includes:
    • Spouses
    • Immediate family (child, sibling, parent, grandparent, grandchild, stepparent, stepchild, step-sibling, or adoptive relationship)
    • Household members (persons living in the same residence and maintaining a single economic unit)
As a member of the Society, either as an individual or as an employee, you are automatically eligible to join USSFCU. when you become a USCHS member today.
VACC membership takes a matter of minutes and you don’t have to live in Virginia, you can join the VACC from anywhere in the U.S. Plus, USSFCU will cover your membership dues. Follow the instructions below to join:"
Wow did you even read what you copy and pasted? Anyone can join the American Consumer Council for free from anywhere in the US, and the credit union will even pay for your membership SMH. I called the credit union and they told me to do this! You can call them yourself and ask, their number is 800.374.2758 and they'll give you the code for free membership!

Now stop embarrassing yourself... Anymore questions about how to join? There's a whole thread dedicated to this on a car forum that I follow and not a single person was denied membership! Now go ahead and tell me I'm wrong bro.

I wouldn't be surprised if this gets reported and deleted because I'm right...

Last edited by matrix5k; 07-03-2023 at 01:58 AM..

Old 07-03-2023, 02:23 AM

$38.1 million Nantucket estate becomes most expensive home ever sold in Mass.

https://www.masslive.com/realestate-...d-in-mass.html

Old 07-03-2023, 04:26 AM

3,606 posts, read 1,836,365 times
Quote:
$38.1 million Nantucket estate becomes most expensive home ever sold in Mass.

https://www.masslive.com/realestate-...d-in-mass.html
"Must be nice!" The buyer agent commission was 2.5%....that's almost ~$1M...now the agent can go buy themselves a pretty nice house in cash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts