Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2023, 04:54 PM

18,717 posts, read 33,380,506 times

Advertisements

^^^
The same doctor could have prescribed them but not to be taken all at once.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2023, 01:59 AM

531 posts, read 425,231 times
Feels like this has become more about her being the victim than the 3 kids

I can understand that drugs will make people do things they normally wouldn't do...but kill your 3 kids ? She actually hung one of them is what I'm hearing.

^^This. All of it.

I totally agree, msrb311. That’s what is baffling to me—making her the victim more so than the three kids. I’m sorry but if the first responders had to be sent home and Steven Tyler of Aerosmith felt bad enough to go visit them in the following days, it had to be a pretty horrific scene. I’m not saying anyone has the rights to the gory details of what she actually did, but I wonder if people would be less likely to make her such a victim and contribute to the GFM that has made them millionaires (if they weren’t already) if they realized what went on that night. I also heard she hung them and used her exercise bands (hence the three assault with a deadly weapon charges).

Also, I know plenty of people who have been on multiple anti-depressants (including someone in my immediate family) and they were definitely not killing people.

Last edited by Remy11; 02-05-2023 at 02:25 AM..

Old 02-05-2023, 05:55 AM

16,351 posts, read 8,174,665 times
Yep and she waited to do all this when the husband left for 30 min. I almost wonder if she and the husband were on bad terms ? This is all just so insane and even more insane that so many are defending her. Poor mom.

Old 02-05-2023, 06:45 AM

2,202 posts, read 5,356,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
^^^
The same doctor could have prescribed them but not to be taken all at once.
Totally plausible. I have seen that happen with pain meds for family members with terminal illness. By the end of their lives the medicine box looks like a hospital RX.

Old 02-05-2023, 07:10 AM

2,202 posts, read 5,356,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy11 View Post
Feels like this has become more about her being the victim than the 3 kids

I can understand that drugs will make people do things they normally wouldn't do...but kill your 3 kids ? She actually hung one of them is what I'm hearing.

^^This. All of it.

I totally agree, msrb311. That’s what is baffling to me—making her the victim more so than the three kids. I’m sorry but if the first responders had to be sent home and Steven Tyler of Aerosmith felt bad enough to go visit them in the following days, it had to be a pretty horrific scene. I’m not saying anyone has the rights to the gory details of what she actually did, but I wonder if people would be less likely to make her such a victim and contribute to the GFM that has made them millionaires (if they weren’t already) if they realized what went on that night. I also heard she hung them and used her exercise bands (hence the three assault with a deadly weapon charges).

Also, I know plenty of people who have been on multiple anti-depressants (including someone in my immediate family) and they were definitely not killing people.
Her lawyer is making her a victim. The press is as well.

I’ve also seen people who feel the need to share that they were PPD survivors because they want to feel part of a victimhood.

I find the paychology of public opinion fascinating. She does not fit a narrative and it makes people uncomfortable- young, successful, educated, beautiful family in a toney community. This doesn’t happen. But it does. So people are searching for reasons- look at all of them here. From the Bridgewater Triangle to marital woes. With zero proof and minimal facts. It is human nature to seek a reason. Some people want to believe she had no control (making her a victim) and others want to believe she was in control and made a choice whcih makes her pure evil.

I have heard the same gory details and beleive they will will come out Tuesday which is why the lawyer is working so hard to paint this picture.

Old 02-05-2023, 08:45 AM

5,037 posts, read 6,921,958 times
It seems at least plausible that she would be not guilty by reason of insanity. Whether that is actual true will depend on details that none of us have access true and will likely be the subject of a criminal trial.

Beyond this specific case, I think there seems to be a lot of disagreement about insanity defenses in general.

Old 02-05-2023, 10:25 AM

3,606 posts, read 1,836,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrandom View Post
It seems at least plausible that she would be not guilty by reason of insanity. Whether that is actual true will depend on details that none of us have access true and will likely be the subject of a criminal trial.

Beyond this specific case, I think there seems to be a lot of disagreement about insanity defenses in general.
Seems like one key fact that you'd think would make it hard to use an insanity defense is that she waited until the husband was gone before she did it. If she was truly insane why didn't she do it a half hour earlier?

This shows she had some critical thinking skills still functioning. She probably knew that her husband would try to stop her and so she waited until he was gone.

Old 02-05-2023, 10:38 AM

16,351 posts, read 8,174,665 times
I also find it weird she would do this 3 times. She didn't come to any of her senses after 2 or 3? Or didn't care ?

Old 02-05-2023, 12:26 PM

10,012 posts, read 15,659,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrandom View Post
It seems at least plausible that she would be not guilty by reason of insanity.
I wouldn't be surprised at all if that happens. She'll still have to be instatutialized until she is judged to no longer be insane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgal123 View Post
Seems like one key fact that you'd think would make it hard to use an insanity defense is that she waited until the husband was gone before she did it. If she was truly insane why didn't she do it a half hour earlier?

This shows she had some critical thinking skills still functioning. She probably knew that her husband would try to stop her and so she waited until he was gone.
The D. A. will have to try to prove premeditation.

Old 02-07-2023, 11:21 AM

19,620 posts, read 12,218,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgal123 View Post

If she was affected by delusions as part of psychosis, these can be ongoing. They are strong beliefs that are detached from reality, and often very horrifying thoughts and ideas. Delusional people can think and plan within the realm of these twisted insane beliefs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts