Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2012, 12:55 PM

419 posts, read 999,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterNY View Post
Let me help you with that. People who go there!!
First off, you don't have a clue what you are talking about.

Quote:
1-Most people who go there are a bunch of broke youngsters, with no degrees, no businesses, nothing of value. The way they act, the way the streets look dirty says it all. It is for broke people. That's the only weekend that waiters are chasing people to pay their tabs. You can't be real about what you said. You Tube videos are YOUR enemy in this case. Show me one video where the person speaks clearly to introduce their Memorial Day weekend in South Beach.
WHO are you to say that most people that go their have no value? What makes you so special? Says who you have to be educated have degrees and run businesses in order to enjoy an event? Who's to say that many people that go don't have degrees or have a business and just love hip hop and urban culture?

I am being real , you obviously aren't if you are using youtube videos as your biggest weapon here. I can go to a country concert, a night club, and anywhere you will find those types of people, so to make a generalization off of a YouTube video? You cannot be serious here.

Another thing, who cares if some people don't speak clearly? It's Miami!? Is their a Golden rule of thumb you have to speak proper english to attend and enjoy an event?

Quote:

2. Tasteless people period. Do you think educated blacks go there to mingle with the losers they work so hard to alienate themselves from? My wife is black, I'm mixed and we don't go there. We're not part of that crowd. Many of my close friends are what, you ask? Black, mostly Caribbean. Whether they live in So Florida or not, they know not to go there around that time.
I wonder if race has anything to do with it. No, it's the quality (or lack thereof) that attend the events going on around that time. So again, you're wrong. So the white people who don't go there are just as smart as the blacks that don't go there.
Tasteless? You want to know what I call tasteless? A bunch white people acting arrogant pretending to be sophisticated, all wearing the same types of outfits , listening to same type of boring music, all driving the same boring cars, with the same boring haircuts that to me is tasteless. So if you want to rant about people being tasteless take a look in the mirror, seems to me you are as bland and tasteless as it gets.

Quote:
3 & 4. Oh yeah, get shot to prove your manhood. Not going to a ghetto spot does not make you a wuss. I'm not afraid of thugs, but won't expose myself around them. I'm a family man, with a life that does not resemble the "goons" as you call it, on South Beach. You're on your own on that one. Be real. The crowd is ghetto, ugly.
You can get shot anywhere else, I've seen stories at people getting shot at country events and get shot, I've seen people attend a gay event and get shot , so what difference does it make what event you are going to ? Someone scared to leave the house? You sound like a big wuss to me, I can imagine the clubs you get into: chess clubs, book clubs. Who cares if you think the crowd is ugly, easy to say that when you are posting this behind a keyboard.

Quote:
Big booties are nice and all... But I don't have to attend such low quality event to see pretty women with nice arses. Half of them are grilled up anyways. I like pearly whites on my women, whether black or white.
You're generalizations make me laugh, I'd like see what girls ( if any) you have got in the past.

Quote:
There is nothing tasteful about a Chevy sitting on 26s, with a pink paint job or some stupid theme like Sponge Bob or M&Ms on it. With a bunch of thugs at the wheels. You want classy cars, you want to see fast cars, go 100 miles North to West Palm and see a few nice cars running at the track, or on South Beach any given night. Not Memorial Weekend. Nothing but ghetto cars, ghetto chicks, and ghetto mindsets. How about we have a bet? I will bet you there will be another shooting, stabbing, or drama that weekend. Put your money where your mouth is.
It's easy to talk about whats tasteless I don't see a picture of your car on here, I'd be surprised to see if you even have a car. Much less a car you actually put money into.

Quote:

You don't even see tasteful black artists down there that weekend. IT's for a reason. It's not their crowd either. So your list is for people with your mindset. In 10-15 years, if you evolve, you'll see it as tasteless as well. If you don't you'll have wasted 10-15 yrs of your life. Have fun!!
Here you go again with tasteful, coming from the master himself I suppose? LOL Who cares if all these people don't attend, I don't? Now maybe 10-15 years from now you will develop some taste and see beyond your tunnel vision and actually leave the house for once instead of acting like you know it all behind a keyboard, Oh Btw I'll have fun alright.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2012, 02:27 PM

22,343 posts, read 29,457,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfside__ View Post
Urban beach weekend isnt ment for

-People who can't afford to make it
-White people OR old people that dont understand hip hop/urban culture
-wussy/punk types
-people who aren't into women, nice bodies, or nice cars

More than likely if you are on this thread bashing it than you are 1 of the 4 I just mentioned.

I can definately afford it, I'm white, listen to Hip Hop, not a vagina and I love cars and I hit the gym 7 days a week. Sorry not into women.

I, smartly, decide to avoid SoBe like the plague that weekend because I value my life..Thanks

Old 05-16-2012, 04:44 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,426,558 times
Quote:
First off, you don't have a clue what you are talking about.
No, my friend. You don't have a clue. You're full of senseless reasons as to why certain people don't go. I'm surprised you can read and write. After Memorial Day if you haven't spent a night in the patty wagon, please come here and enlighten us about your dream weekend with your low lives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfside_ View Post
WHO are you to say that most people that go their have no value? What makes you so special? Says who you have to be educated have degrees and run businesses in order to enjoy an event? Who's to say that many people that go don't have degrees or have a business and just love hip hop and urban culture?
Let's be real. If the residents don't want them there, that's enough proof that these are "the losers of all losers" attending the event. Again, show me classy black folks attending the event. You have no idea what class is. If that's the benchmark of fun for you, then my friend, please stay in the ghetto you call home. You have a lot to learn. Again, you had to scale back because you know the place is packed with losers and people who call Dade County JAil their weekend getaway on any given weekend.

Quote:
I am being real , you obviously aren't if you are using youtube videos as your biggest weapon here. I can go to a country concert, a night club, and anywhere you will find those types of people, so to make a generalization off of a YouTube video? You cannot be serious here.
I don't need YOU TUBE, you fool. Channel 2, 6, 7, 10 news is enough. I don't have to look for them. The news will cover these clowns that weekend anyways. They always do. There's always a shooting, or stabbing. So, again we'll see. You have no power to tell them how to behave. That's on them. But for us to dismiss it, is absurd at best.

Quote:
Another thing, who cares if some people don't speak clearly? It's Miami!? Is their a Golden rule of thumb you have to speak proper english to attend and enjoy an event?
No smarty! But again, anyone with half a brain can make an assessment of who goes there. These idiots don't value anything. You are defending fools who don't care about you or themselves. Waste your time. Again, I hope this year you and your clowns get towed, arrested, and hopefully discouraged from coming and ruining a decent place. It's sad the city and the businesses have yet to sit down and find a way to curb this nonsense. They see it as a money maker, since these thugs don't know how to keep money in their communities.... OOOH (I went there...so what?). Why do you think the city of Atlanta banned similar events? SAME OUTCOME!! Once you're honest with your misguided self, you'll silently admit to yourself what I'm telling you.

Quote:
Tasteless? You want to know what I call tasteless? A bunch white people acting arrogant pretending to be sophisticated, all wearing the same types of outfits , listening to same type of boring music, all driving the same boring cars, with the same boring haircuts that to me is tasteless. So if you want to rant about people being tasteless take a look in the mirror, seems to me you are as bland and tasteless as it gets.
So what you're telling me is white people are generic, but 50 million thugs wearing the same dreads and gold teeth aren't? Have you lost your mind? These fools are sheep themselves.... Again, I'm mixed, you dickbag. My father is black (mulatto islander), mom is white. My wife is black. What does that make my kids, and my wife? I have black in my blood, but I'm calling idiots who don't want to elevate themselves and make excuses to behaviors I see in places like these. You need to look at yourself in the mirror and be honest. If not, keep denying your ignorance and carry on.

Quote:
You can get shot anywhere else, I've seen stories at people getting shot at country events and get shot, I've seen people attend a gay event and get shot , so what difference does it make what event you are going to ? Someone scared to leave the house? You sound like a big wuss to me, I can imagine the clubs you get into: chess clubs, book clubs. Who cares if you think the crowd is ugly, easy to say that when you are posting this behind a keyboard.
You're right. You can get shot anywhere. Agreed. But being in these low life environments increases your chances.

Well show me where shootings occur often at: Country, R&B, JAZZ, Classical music events. There was an EDM event in Miami recently. How many people got shot there? Show me the proof or shut your trap. Yes, the crowd is ugly. Girls with pink, purple hair, gold teeth, dudes that act like savages. I'm not making it up.

Quote:
You're generalizations make me laugh, I'd like see what girls ( if any) you have got in the past.
You probably don't have any yourself. That's why you're like a savage hunting for some booty on Memorial Day. I have a beautiful wife and kids. I have better things to do, than to look forward to getting in a patty wagon. Good Luck!!

Quote:
It's easy to talk about whats tasteless I don't see a picture of your car on here, I'd be surprised to see if you even have a car. Much less a car you actually put money into.
I actually have a few cars. Go check me on different forums. If you have time to get a computer in your community center, feel free to browse and see what other groups I belong to. Let's see yours. And please, when was the last time you saw anyone of class drive a car on 26" wheels with a Tony the Tiger paint scheme? "They're GREEAAT!" GTFOOH...

Only fools do that. They're targeted by the police moreso. Chevy Caprices, Impalas, Monte Carlos on 22-26" wheels..Donks. Car looking to be stopped by the cops. So, again nothing unique there.

Quote:
Here you go again with tasteful, coming from the master himself I suppose? LOL Who cares if all these people don't attend, I don't? Now maybe 10-15 years from now you will develop some taste and see beyond your tunnel vision and actually leave the house for once instead of acting like you know it all behind a keyboard, Oh Btw I'll have fun alright.
Yeah, Have Fun!! I hear Miami Beach PD will be dealing with your loser kind this time around. Enjoy your stay in the patty wagon, Dont run after eating your meal. Pay for it first!! And hope you don't get hit on the head with the bottle of Gray Goose or Ciroc at the club by some clown that looks just like you!!

Old 05-16-2012, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cityseed View Post
Damn...

Well said.

Thank you!! This dude is delusional to think people with a head on their shoulders really look forward to this event.

Old 05-16-2012, 06:12 PM

106 posts, read 221,981 times
Quote:
Urban beach weekend isnt ment for

-People who can't afford to make it
-White people OR old people that dont understand hip hop/urban culture
-wussy/punk types
-people who aren't into women, nice bodies, or nice cars

More than likely if you are on this thread bashing it than you are 1 of the 4 I just mentioned.

I wonder which of those categories Uncle Luke (of 2 Live Crew fame) falls under. Lets see...

-I'm pretty sure he can afford it.
-Doesn't appear to be an elderly white man and I think he knows something about hip hop
-How 'bout YOU call him that. I won't.
-Something tells me he's very much into women.

Although he was one of the early pioneers of Miami Beach’s Memorial Day hip hop extravaganza, even Luther Campbell says he no longer makes his way to South Beach during that weekend because it’s become too rowdy.

“Just walk the streets, get drunk, be rowdy, go to jail,” Campbell told CBS4’s Jim DeFede in describing what the event has become. “Me personally I wouldn’t even go over there. I haven’t been there probably in the last two or three years.“

...“The people that were originally coming down here were young professionals,” he said. “Then it became this free-for-all for the last five years where it became kids, thugs that type of element.”

Uncle Luke, Co-Founder Of Urban Beach Week, No Longer Attends Event « CBS Miami

Old 05-16-2012, 06:20 PM

1,062 posts, read 2,253,329 times
I totally agree with Mister NY's comments. It is obvious Surfside is attracted to this type of uncivilized event that just creates discomfort to the local residents in the area.

Hopefully more and more local businesses decide to close on memorial day weekend until this event goes away. I would not want that type of bad business anyways if I was a business owner on South beach.

Old 05-16-2012, 06:42 PM

38 posts, read 73,124 times
Urban Beach Week is totally useless in my opinion. It only invites the ghetto type of people to create havoc and disturb the peace. Do you think the current residents of South Beach aprove of you Urban Beach Week goers hotwiring their cars and mugging them? Being a current resident of South Beach I can tell you that I sure don't appreciate it.

Old 05-16-2012, 07:00 PM

419 posts, read 999,264 times
Quote:
No, my friend. You don't have a clue. You're full of senseless reasons as to why certain people don't go. I'm surprised you can read and write. After Memorial Day if you haven't spent a night in the patty wagon, please come here and enlighten us about your dream weekend with your low lives.
I'm full of senseless reasons, yeah you clearly know exactly what you are talking about. Who cares why "certain" people don't attend, I don't? Why should you? Obviously 300,000+ people enjoy going to the event, obviously if it is really that bad as you claim, I wonder why it's still around??

Quote:

Let's be real. If the residents don't want them there, that's enough proof that these are "the losers of all losers" attending the event. Again, show me classy black folks attending the event. You have no idea what class is. If that's the benchmark of fun for you, then my friend, please stay in the ghetto you call home. You have a lot to learn. Again, you had to scale back because you know the place is packed with losers and people who call Dade County JAil their weekend getaway on any given weekend.
Oh I didn't know someone made you the voice of Miami by deciding all residents don't want live events like this their. Well nobody is listening to you, because it's still around, and going strong. I like how you strongly generalize everybody that goes for not being classy, not having money, and being the "losers of all losers" all from behind your keyboard, that makes you look like a real tough guy, I bet you feel proud.

Okay, well how about you stay home since you know everything, watch the "news" and all the "youtube video"s you want and just miss out on life. You seem to live your life in fear, you do know you can step outside right now, and something bad can happen do you? How about you step outside, get some fresh air, and do something with yourself, instead of bashing everybody that is out living their life and doing what they like to do.

Go join a book club or something, but for heavens sake, get off the computer and turn off your news.

Quote:
I don't need YOU TUBE, you fool. Channel 2, 6, 7, 10 news is enough. I don't have to look for them. The news will cover these clowns that weekend anyways. They always do. There's always a shooting, or stabbing. So, again we'll see. You have no power to tell them how to behave. That's on them. But for us to dismiss it, is absurd at best.
That's your problem, you watch too much of the news, you live your life in fear, you are too afraid to step out and do something with yourself. You do know on the news shows plenty of bad stuff everyday, and not all of this is taking place at Urban beach weekend do you?

You think you are the definition of class, when you have no class at all, you think you can sit their on your computer make silly generalizations about music and culture and events you have no clue about and expect to be taken seriously? Is this some kind of joke?

Quote:
No smarty! But again, anyone with half a brain can make an assessment of who goes there. These idiots don't value anything. You are defending fools who don't care about you or themselves. Waste your time. Again, I hope this year you and your clowns get towed, arrested, and hopefully discouraged from coming and ruining a decent place. It's sad the city and the businesses have yet to sit down and find a way to curb this nonsense. They see it as a money maker, since these thugs don't know how to keep money in their communities.... OOOH (I went there...so what?). Why do you think the city of Atlanta banned similar events? SAME OUTCOME!! Once you're honest with your misguided self, you'll silently admit to yourself what I'm telling you.

Blah blah blah, ranting again, about something you have zero clue about Say what you want, but the city of Miami enjoys putting on Memorial Day weekend, and it will live on, so take your sophisticated arse and go put it somewhere else your opinion simply doesn't matter to me, or the 300k+ people that enjoy going their. Until it gets banned, long live Memorial day weekend

Quote:
So what you're telling me is white people are generic, but 50 million thugs wearing the same dreads and gold teeth aren't? Have you lost your mind? These fools are sheep themselves.... Again, I'm mixed, you dickbag. My father is black (mulatto islander), mom is white. My wife is black. What does that make my kids, and my wife? I have black in my blood, but I'm calling idiots who don't want to elevate themselves and make excuses to behaviors I see in places like these. You need to look at yourself in the mirror and be honest. If not, keep denying your ignorance and carry on.

No, I haven't lost my mind, but I think you lost yours a LONG time ago! I didn't ask what background you were, and frankly I don't care, but thanks on telling me you're whole life story in one paragraph, save that for somewhere else though. You need to wake up and realize your opinion is invaluable because people enjoy doing different thing.

Just because you don't enjoy it,doesn't make you right for generalizing something you have zero knowledge about other than what you watch on the news and youtube videos. If my life revolved around youtube videos and the news like yours did, I would be afraid to ever leave the house. Some advise here, turn off your computer screen and stop living in so much fear !!

Quote:

You're right. You can get shot anywhere. Agreed. But being in these low life environments increases your chances.
And it surely increase YOUR chances as well

Quote:

Well show me where shootings occur often at: Country, R&B, JAZZ, Classical music events. There was an EDM event in Miami recently. How many people got shot there? Show me the proof or shut your trap. Yes, the crowd is ugly. Girls with pink, purple hair, gold teeth, dudes that act like savages. I'm not making it up.
Plenty of times, at lots of places, I mean, you're the expert when it comes to the news and youtube videos yourself I thought, how about your search for yourself. At the EDM in Miami you know how many people were doing drugs, and many many bad things, but why isn't that brought up in this discussion?

What kind of events have you been to? You seem to be the classiest, best looking, most proper guy on this forum, apparently, you seem to know what people should like and what people shouldn't like, but yet you are on HERE posting? Don't you have anything better to do if your life is truely interesting and better than everybody elses? Why are you even bothering here if you think you are simply too good? I don't get it? Someone obviously needs to do something with their life if they have nothing better to do than troll C-D all day long

Quote:

You probably don't have any yourself. That's why you're like a savage hunting for some booty on Memorial Day. I have a beautiful wife and kids. I have better things to do, than to look forward to getting in a patty wagon. Good Luck!!
Yeah you have better things to do with your life, like sit around and watch the news , youtube videos, and troll on city-data all day long.

Quote:

I actually have a few cars. Go check me on different forums. If you have time to get a computer in your community center, feel free to browse and see what other groups I belong to. Let's see yours. And please, when was the last time you saw anyone of class drive a car on 26" wheels with a Tony the Tiger paint scheme? "They're GREEAAT!" GTFOOH...
Unlike you, I actually have a life, so I am not going to take my precious time out of my life to go look at your ugly station wagons that you sit and post on other forums all day long. When was the last time you seen someone with no money driving a car that isn't on 26's wheels with a Tony the Tiger paint scheme? You apparently have no money I'm starting to wonder, because you hate to see other people younger than you have more money than you, just admit it.

Quote:

Only fools do that. They're targeted by the police moreso. Chevy Caprices, Impalas, Monte Carlos on 22-26" wheels..Donks. Car looking to be stopped by the cops. So, again nothing unique there.
You will obviously be fine nobody will be chasing you with the piece of crap car you probably drive.

Quote:

Yeah, Have Fun!! I hear Miami Beach PD will be dealing with your loser kind this time around. Enjoy your stay in the patty wagon, Dont run after eating your meal. Pay for it first!! And hope you don't get hit on the head with the bottle of Gray Goose or Ciroc at the club by some clown that looks just like you!!
OH yeah just keep a look out for me on the news It'll be a blast, have fun sitting at home being worried about everything else happening in the world.

LOL!!

Last edited by Surfside__; 05-16-2012 at 07:09 PM..

Old 05-16-2012, 07:04 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,573,275 times
THUGs THUGs THUGs!!! and strippers with eyeballs painted on their butt cheeks ....UBW is so cool!

Old 05-16-2012, 07:31 PM

Surfside,

So 300k people acting like idiots means nothing. Of course it means nothing to you. You're one of them.

I asked you to show me where all the shootings occurred in Jazz, R&B, Classical, House, Country music events/concerts. You showed nothing. Nothing at all. I'm still waiting.

I just hope you don't get arrested, towed, frisked, or beaten. Have fun. Make a video of your "Tasteful" event. It's sad that you see it as tasteful and a nice event. You are ghetto, you just don't want to come to terms with it. You're a cyber thug.

It's clear you're some young fool trying to prove to the world how good of an event it is, while adults know what it is.

Again, put money where your mouth is: If there is not one shooting, stabbing, or incident, I will stay quiet. If there is any of these occurrences, you will literally make a video of yourself putting your foot in your mouth. (You already have a few times, so it's nothing new to you). If you are the future, the future is Damned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami