Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2012, 10:35 PM

419 posts, read 998,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight shooter View Post
and run the risk of getting mugged, assaulted, raped or shot at.
Now unless you live under a rock, same thing can happen anywhere else, I'll take my chances
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2012, 10:04 AM

22,319 posts, read 29,407,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfside__ View Post
memorial beach is gonna be too sick this year, can't wait to go and see all the fine ladies, nice cars, and hip hop music playing

lmao

Old 05-15-2012, 01:23 PM

419 posts, read 998,263 times
Urban beach weekend isnt ment for

-People who can't afford to make it
-White people OR old people that dont understand hip hop/urban culture
-wussy/punk types
-people who aren't into women, nice bodies, or nice cars

More than likely if you are on this thread bashing it than you are 1 of the 4 I just mentioned.

Old 05-15-2012, 08:51 PM

367 posts, read 940,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfside__ View Post

-wussy/punk types

More than likely if you are on this thread bashing it than you are 1 of the 4 I just mentioned.

Hip Hop weekend should expand north to Surfside...

Old 05-15-2012, 09:14 PM

2,886 posts, read 5,820,994 times
It should really move up to Hallandale.

Old 05-15-2012, 09:18 PM

Quote:
It should really move up to Hallandale.
Why? To bring dead Hallandale back to life?

Old 05-15-2012, 09:26 PM

2,886 posts, read 5,820,994 times
Hallandale's got nothing to lose. South Beach on the other hand does.

Old 05-15-2012, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Hallandale's got nothing to lose. South Beach on the other hand does.
How about lose its retirees?

Old 05-16-2012, 09:36 AM

2,685 posts, read 6,421,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfside__ View Post

-wussy/punk types

Let me help you with that. People who go there!!

1-Most people who go there are a bunch of broke youngsters, with no degrees, no businesses, nothing of value. The way they act, the way the streets look dirty says it all. It is for broke people. That's the only weekend that waiters are chasing people to pay their tabs. You can't be real about what you said. You Tube videos are YOUR enemy in this case. Show me one video where the person speaks clearly to introduce their Memorial Day weekend in South Beach.

2. Tasteless people period. Do you think educated blacks go there to mingle with the losers they work so hard to alienate themselves from? My wife is black, I'm mixed and we don't go there. We're not part of that crowd. Many of my close friends are what, you ask? Black, mostly Caribbean. Whether they live in So Florida or not, they know not to go there around that time.
I wonder if race has anything to do with it. No, it's the quality (or lack thereof) that attend the events going on around that time. So again, you're wrong. So the white people who don't go there are just as smart as the blacks that don't go there.

3 & 4. Oh yeah, get shot to prove your manhood. Not going to a ghetto spot does not make you a wuss. I'm not afraid of thugs, but won't expose myself around them. I'm a family man, with a life that does not resemble the "goons" as you call it, on South Beach. You're on your own on that one. Be real. The crowd is ghetto, ugly.

Big booties are nice and all... But I don't have to attend such low quality event to see pretty women with nice arses. Half of them are grilled up anyways. I like pearly whites on my women, whether black or white.

There is nothing tasteful about a Chevy sitting on 26s, with a pink paint job or some stupid theme like Sponge Bob or M&Ms on it. With a bunch of thugs at the wheels. You want classy cars, you want to see fast cars, go 100 miles North to West Palm and see a few nice cars running at the track, or on South Beach any given night. Not Memorial Weekend. Nothing but ghetto cars, ghetto chicks, and ghetto mindsets. How about we have a bet? I will bet you there will be another shooting, stabbing, or drama that weekend. Put your money where your mouth is.

You don't even see tasteful black artists down there that weekend. IT's for a reason. It's not their crowd either. So your list is for people with your mindset. In 10-15 years, if you evolve, you'll see it as tasteless as well. If you don't you'll have wasted 10-15 yrs of your life. Have fun!!

Old 05-16-2012, 12:19 PM

21 posts, read 105,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterNY View Post
Let me help you with that. People who go there!!

1-Most people who go there are a bunch of broke youngsters, with no degrees, no businesses, nothing of value. The way they act, the way the streets look dirty says it all. It is for broke people. That's the only weekend that waiters are chasing people to pay their tabs. You can't be real about what you said. You Tube videos are YOUR enemy in this case. Show me one video where the person speaks clearly to introduce their Memorial Day weekend in South Beach.

2. Tasteless people period. Do you think educated blacks go there to mingle with the losers they work so hard to alienate themselves from? My wife is black, I'm mixed and we don't go there. We're not part of that crowd. Many of my close friends are what, you ask? Black, mostly Caribbean. Whether they live in So Florida or not, they know not to go there around that time.
I wonder if race has anything to do with it. No, it's the quality (or lack thereof) that attend the events going on around that time. So again, you're wrong. So the white people who don't go there are just as smart as the blacks that don't go there.

3 & 4. Oh yeah, get shot to prove your manhood. Not going to a ghetto spot does not make you a wuss. I'm not afraid of thugs, but won't expose myself around them. I'm a family man, with a life that does not resemble the "goons" as you call it, on South Beach. You're on your own on that one. Be real. The crowd is ghetto, ugly.

Big booties are nice and all... But I don't have to attend such low quality event to see pretty women with nice arses. Half of them are grilled up anyways. I like pearly whites on my women, whether black or white.

There is nothing tasteful about a Chevy sitting on 26s, with a pink paint job or some stupid theme like Sponge Bob or M&Ms on it. With a bunch of thugs at the wheels. You want classy cars, you want to see fast cars, go 100 miles North to West Palm and see a few nice cars running at the track, or on South Beach any given night. Not Memorial Weekend. Nothing but ghetto cars, ghetto chicks, and ghetto mindsets. How about we have a bet? I will bet you there will be another shooting, stabbing, or drama that weekend. Put your money where your mouth is.

You don't even see tasteful black artists down there that weekend. IT's for a reason. It's not their crowd either. So your list is for people with your mindset. In 10-15 years, if you evolve, you'll see it as tasteless as well. If you don't you'll have wasted 10-15 yrs of your life. Have fun!!
Damn...

Well said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami