Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2009, 02:34 PM

59 posts, read 253,703 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the pics. On a scale 1-10 I would rank it a 5 compared to Staten Island New Yorks worst neighborhoods. My sons HS actually had bullett holes in windows of the doors in the hallways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2009, 07:54 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,452,069 times
Lets please stay on the topic: Miami's Ghetto Areas

Old 06-14-2009, 12:43 PM

Location: I will be escaping Suck City and landing in Tampa in December
346 posts, read 910,428 times
Based on the pics (and with 10 being worst rating) I put Miami at a 4 compared to Los Angeles and San Diego ghettoes. The worst looking ghettoes I've actually seen are in Fresno and Modesto, California.

Nobody seems to understand that ghettoes, barrios, etc. are racial-spatial arrangements that could be *changed* if all people in a community treated each other with respect. Unfortunately, the more one has money, the more respect one feels entitled to.

Old 06-14-2009, 04:25 PM

1,084 posts, read 3,868,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matchpoint View Post
Based on the pics (and with 10 being worst rating) I put Miami at a 4 compared to Los Angeles and San Diego ghettoes. The worst looking ghettoes I've actually seen are in Fresno and Modesto, California.

Nobody seems to understand that ghettoes, barrios, etc. are racial-spatial arrangements that could be *changed* if all people in a community treated each other with respect. Unfortunately, the more one has money, the more respect one feels entitled to.
the pics posted of miami/miami dade arent even the worst, take a trip down grande ave in coconut grove, and see ghetto

Old 06-14-2009, 05:13 PM

71 posts, read 297,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBCboy View Post
Miami Gardens is ranked as the most dangerous city in Florida.

Miami Gardens, Orlando In Top 20 Most Dangerous Cities List - cbs4.com (http://cbs4.com/local/Miami.Gardens.Orlando.2.872967.html - broken link)
I'm not even going to respond too deeply because anyone with even cursory knowledge of social statistics gathering knows that statistics take a long time to be compiled. By the time that information was "fully" compiled and released, Miami Gardens had changed.

Also, in the very same article you proposed, there are concerns over how the information was used, collected and interpreted, so try again.

Old 06-16-2009, 10:33 AM

1,770 posts, read 8,246,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizen477 View Post
I'm not even going to respond too deeply because anyone with even cursory knowledge of social statistics gathering knows that statistics take a long time to be compiled. By the time that information was "fully" compiled and released, Miami Gardens had changed.

Also, in the very same article you proposed, there are concerns over how the information was used, collected and interpreted, so try again.
I get it. You're right, everyone else is wrong, even though I have backed up my claims with actual information and sources while you have not. Try again.

Old 07-12-2009, 12:05 AM

2 posts, read 7,479 times
Default hialeah does have ghetto areas

in hialeah there are ghetto areas, like seminolia and mango hill its just that the racist white cubans try to hide it in the local news and press. In my neighborhood here in hialeah they've robbed every house on my block and the other night there was a murder here on my block. The problem is that since in places like liberty city, overtown, opa-locka, and carol city theres more ghetto people and more murders the press usually reports whats going on there and not here in hialeah. In hialeah in the 90's there was a real bad gang problem the worse in miami but the thing is that since it was a latino problem alot of the racist white cubans would try to hide it and they did, but i've talked to alot of cuban kids who grew up in that time and they said that gangs where everywhere here in hialeah, and that they got mugged,jumped, and even shot during those times. Here in Hialeah the police is everywhere so anybody who denys this is a liar, hialeah has the highest house burglary rate, car theft rate, mugging rate, its just that the white cubans try to blame it on the blacks. I got jumped here in hialeah by cubans and i lived in opa locka for only a few months and nothing like that ever happend im not saying that it doesnt but im not going to put all the heat only on opa locka. Here in hialeah there are alot of ghetto cubans that sell drugs because blacks in opa locka have told me themselves they get there stuff from cubans here in hialeah its just like i said before the white cubans that are cool with white people try to blame it the ghetto cuban kids and the blacks.

Old 07-13-2009, 12:44 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,368,709 times
An unrelated question...something I have always wondered about florida...how come they have NE or SW or something like that on the street names? Why isn't it just 88th street...instead of SW 88th st?

Old 07-13-2009, 12:58 PM

5 posts, read 12,852 times
Were your windows up? Or did you get out of the car to take those??? Scary...lol. Yes, Miami has some bad areas, but what major city doesn't...

Old 07-13-2009, 01:02 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,368,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e.ortega View Post
I really want to relocate to Florida but seeing pictures like those really makes me worried and think about it twice.

What is that? Looks like POVERTY STRICKEN NEIGHBORHOODS and SO ISOLATED I wouldn't want to live there sorry
come on, not all of florida is like that! I don't even live there and I know this.

(wow, people are really this dense? sheesh).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami