Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 08:41 AM

49 posts, read 82,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCreass View Post
I grow tired of this argument. I'm not in any way bashing Cubans, but I don't like the mentality that some of them have that they are "better" than every other immigrant. The fact is that through "wet foot, dry foot", Cubans have a free/easy pass into the United States, with no pre-entry credentials and no $$$ required, so it stands to reason that they're more likely to achieve success than their Mexican, Haitian and Colombian counterparts, don't you think?
I guess you don't know mierda what is like to live in Cuba versus another country.

Cubans can't bring any kind of assets but what is in their brains and bodies unlike the rest of the immigrants.

Cubans come from an isolated system what works completed different from the real world, we are talking about trivial things needed in any system like dialing a phone number, surfing on the internet, having an email, opening a bank account, having a credit card, interest rate, rent, free market laws of supply and demand, etc.

Last edited by Ache; 05-16-2009 at 08:59 AM..

Old 05-16-2009, 08:42 AM

2,266 posts, read 2,293,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ache View Post
Bul****, If Cubans are happy in Miami, for whatever they have archived, let them be, the same **** takes place with Italians, Brazilians, Mexicans, Boricuas inmigrants whereever they immigrate to.
So (by your logic), if I moved to New Jersey tomorrow, I'd need to learn Italian?

Old 05-16-2009, 08:43 AM

Quote:
I guess you don't know mierda what is like to live in Cuba versus another country.

Cubans can't bring any kind of assets but what is they brain and body unlike the rest of the immigrants.

Cubans come from an isolated system what works completed different from the real world, we are talking about trivial things needed in any system like dialing a phone number, surfing on the internet, having an email, opening a bank account, having a credit card, interest rate, rent, free market laws of supply and demand, etc.
Replace the word "Cubans" with "Haitians". See where I'm going with this?

Are you also implying that other immigrants are somehow "less smart" than Cubans? Wow....all I can say is thank you so much for helping to prove my original point.

Old 05-16-2009, 08:47 AM

Quote:
So (by your logic), if I moved to New Jersey tomorrow, I'd need to learn Italian?
Dependents where you go, it might not be Italian but something less closer to English alphabet, something like Russian or Hindi.

Do you think Haitians in Little Haiti talk English are all? French ?

How do they do business there ?

In USA you need to learn what you have to in order to make money, be successful and kill competition, that is the ultimate gold in this society, Money talks in any language English, Spanish, Chinese, etc. The rest is just subjective.

Last edited by Ache; 05-16-2009 at 09:02 AM..

Old 05-16-2009, 08:49 AM

Quote:

Are you also implying that other immigrants are somehow "less smart" than Cubans? Wow....all I can say is thank you so much for helping to prove my original point.
Just tell me how much time have you lived in Cuba and so we can move forward with this conversation.

Old 05-16-2009, 08:53 AM

Quote:

One of my Haitian friends at college went to a private school while in Haiti. He used to travel to USA and France before moving over to avoid cultural shock.

Can you find a key word in that sentence ?

Old 05-16-2009, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Dependents where you go, it might not be Italian but something less closer to English alphabet, something like Russian or Hindi.

Do you think Haitians in Little Haiti talk English are all? French ?

How do they do business there ?

In USA you need to learn what you have to in order to make money, be successful and kill competition, that is the ultimate gold in this society, Money talks in any language English, Spanish, Chinese, etc. The rest is just subjective.
Yet why is it that no other group of people (Chinese, Italian, French, Haitian, whatever) try to force their language on everyone else? See, that's the problem I have with a lot of people in Miami.

Old 05-16-2009, 09:32 AM

Quote:
One of my Haitian friends at college went to a private school while in Haiti. He used to travel to USA and France before moving over to avoid cultural shock.

Can you find a key word in that sentence ?
What does your imaginary Haitian friend have to do with anything? Get with the program, bro.

Old 05-16-2009, 09:33 AM

1,257 posts, read 3,433,515 times
Leo:

I do not consider Miami to be an international city. An international city is truly diverse, has a lot of international or blue chip companies based there, has decent mass transit, parks and world class museums, art galleries and libraries and is generally a tolerant, non-insular and outward looking place to live. Miami has none of these things to offer -- heck, even the science museum is 25 years out of date. In terms of being an "international" city even here in the US, Miami doesn't even make the top 10 list, IMO.

----------

Bcreass

Many International companies are based in Miami. Also is one of the most important cultural centers - Art Galleries, a International touristic destination, an International Financial Center and is a hub for many European, Asian and Latin American corporations.

I know, you live there and you think that the city stinks. The same thing happens here in Barcelona, the city is very famous abroad, we receive many tourists, but we have AWFUL TRAFFIC, high criminality, corruption, insular local politicians, pollution, overcrowding, and very, very HIGH PRICES and many people think that the city is a mess. Here to live like a human being you must live in an apartment or house with a value over 1.000.000 dollars (no kidding), the rest are VERTICAL SLUMS.

Last edited by Leovigildo; 05-16-2009 at 10:27 AM..

Old 05-16-2009, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Just tell me how much time have you lived in Cuba and so we can move forward with this conversation.
Probably about the same amount of time you've spent in Haiti, or anywhere else outside of Miami, for that matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami