Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 09:59 PM

4,120 posts, read 6,611,994 times

Advertisements

If you really want to kill bad guys then go Navy....The Seals have a little tryout down in Diego called BUDS if your up for it..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2011, 10:08 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,783,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
I have worked in an airport. I am also a retired U.S. Army Soldier and I also am a Private Pilot... My wife is also a Private Pilot...

You have something against people who work in an airport?

I have washed dishes at hotels in Miami Beach (and I washed pots and pans on KP). I wonder about a soldier who is willing to refuse a job or task above his liking...

Rich
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim12 View Post
Didnt mean to offend you poncho. I got nothing against the tsa, its just that i'd prefer not to work at an airport.
You did not offend me in the least.

I do not think you read my post very carefully. But I have more active duty time than you have been alive. I never mentioned TSA.

If you manage to get into any military service you will take an oath. If you are in my team, platoon, unit or organization, what you prefer to do is of no consequence. Until you outrank me, you will follow my orders and my directions. Period.

I spent a little time in European airports looking for "Baader-Meinhof", not because I preferred it, because I was ordered to.

Quote:
i want to join the group that sees more combat. I want to save lives and stop terrorists. Which has the better training?
I'm not going to get into "Which has the better training?" because I do not know. I don't know if a valid answer exists. I do not know if you qualify for any military training.

What I do know is that you appear to have an attitude problem which will not help you if you manage to get into any military service.

I do know that I have some doubts about your intentions.

I wish you the best of luck. Unless you have any specific questions, I have said all I have to say.

Rich

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 07-04-2011 at 02:37 PM..

Old 07-04-2011, 01:37 PM

30 posts, read 103,980 times
Well i guess that i'll get no more answers here. Thanks for all the help. Guess you can close this thread. I'll do more research. And just to say, if im ordered to clean out a toilet with a toothbrush i'll do it with a smile, although everyone on earth would "prefer" not to. I got no problem obeying orders. You cant find out everything bout a person by reading a few posts.

Old 07-05-2011, 12:46 AM

1,046 posts, read 3,485,099 times
Join the FFL. With that you can become a citizen of France and join the EU. Joining the IDF has no where near the benefits.

If I was a bit younger, and knew then what I know now, I would of joined the FFL when my tour with the Marines was over.

Old 07-08-2011, 04:55 AM

1,314 posts, read 3,443,993 times
I would have to Say the IDF and if you go there you will meet other people who are American's in the IDF there .

They used to have a unit that made up of all other nations like a mini FFL unit inside the IDF that had non Jewish personal inside the unit ..That was from the 1982 time frame when i went there as a Mp in the Army for a 6 month training tour with them ..

So alot could have change ..Take a trip to the DC or La where they have branchs of the Goverment there and talk to them in person about going there and serveing in the IDF

Old 07-08-2011, 06:41 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,323,443 times
Quote:
What's the TSA
Its airport security, usually the guys and gals doing the passenger pat downs..
Why not go sign up for the USMC and do a 2 year stint, if you like the experience then try out for some other force,Rangers,Green Berets, Navy Seals..

Old 07-09-2011, 04:03 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,763,518 times
Here's a blog that may interest u

Israeli by Day, American by Night

Old 07-10-2011, 06:21 PM

30 posts, read 103,980 times
thanks Neiva.

Old 07-16-2011, 12:04 AM

467 posts, read 1,522,714 times
If I were you, I would either go IDF or talk to a different USMC recruiter. I think you would find the training and conditions of the FFL very surreal - its mostly very hardened third world guys trying to get French citizenship. Almost everyone in Israel speaks English but certainly not in the FFL.

Also, there are some very attractive IDF girls to ponder. That being said, if you can get a good ASVAB score, talk to a different USMC recruiter.

Old 07-16-2011, 12:37 AM

5 posts, read 8,830 times
i joined the US Army with a GED. 10 years later and two combat deployments. i got out as a SFC with a delta force unit. so i know the army will take you with a GED. where you go from there depends on how high speed you are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues