Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2021, 09:57 AM

4,362 posts, read 6,533,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
Well there you go... Wild name Bill Guerin as GM. Guerin is a class act, this team will earn some respect finally. Let's see how he shapes this team. About time.
Seems this has been the case. Progress...

The moves Guerin has made have directly impacted the team's character and make-up. Can't completely credit him with Krill but he did get him here. Other moves, bringing in Ian Cole and Nick Bonino, guys with good locker-room pedigree, for sure make the Wild a more stable and capable club.

So far so good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2021, 10:10 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,090,187 times
A lot of players are playing better than expected. Character guys. Hartman, Johannson, Foligno, Talbot. Ek is starting to prove he was worth the pick, and on...

Old 05-17-2021, 12:33 PM

6,560 posts, read 7,139,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
A lot of players are playing better than expected. Character guys. Hartman, Johannson, Foligno, Talbot. Ek is starting to prove he was worth the pick, and on...
I vaguely watched it at a bar yesterday prior to OT, I just now noticed Parise was a heathy scratch. He’s gonna be asked to wave his no move clause at end of year in hopes Seattle might take him, or he’s moved. Only way that’ll happen is if we acquire a bad contract and we pay some of Parise’s cap hit if some team wants him. He can screw the wild over if he chooses to retire though, his cap hit stays even if he does.

Old 05-17-2021, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
I vaguely watched it at a bar yesterday prior to OT, I just now noticed Parise was a heathy scratch. He’s gonna be asked to wave his no move clause at end of year in hopes Seattle might take him, or he’s moved. Only way that’ll happen is if we acquire a bad contract and we pay some of Parise’s cap hit if some team wants him. He can screw the wild over if he chooses to retire though, his cap hit stays even if he does.
The Parise situation is a mini mess..

I love the guy - love that he was loyal to this state. The fans really do view him as the "Joe Mauer" of the Wild though.

Old 05-17-2021, 02:50 PM

Quote:
The Parise situation is a mini mess..

I love the guy - love that he was loyal to this state. The fans really do view him as the "Joe Mauer" of the Wild though.
I like the guy, but I think there’s some really bad things he does within locker room/organization. A good friend of mine is good friends with him. Parise and Suter have gotten Yeo, and Boudreau fired. Suter and Boudreau used to get into screaming matches in the locker room also. I think a giant difference is Koivu is gone, that guy was terrible. The stories Carter told his friend from White Bear who I am friends with, the younger guys and veterans were divided. Evason and Guerin changed everything for the better.

Old 05-17-2021, 03:28 PM

441 posts, read 440,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
Ah yes, the Minnesota Herb. I could see it now, a Pot Leaf as a Logo. Could use the old Star's colors too.
Literally laughing out loud at your comment, and thanks i needed a good chuckle today.
I don't mind the name but I'm not from MN, just a fan of the then north stars which I agree with all those saying the uniforms looked great. I also think the Wild need a better color scheme.

I do not like The Dallas Stars at all.

Old 05-17-2021, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARas2020 View Post
Literally laughing out loud at your comment, and thanks i needed a good chuckle today.
I don't mind the name but I'm not from MN, just a fan of the then north stars which I agree with all those saying the uniforms looked great. I also think the Wild need a better color scheme.

I do not like The Dallas Stars at all.
Paul Allen on local KFAN sports radio show refers to them as the Christmas colors

Old 05-18-2021, 09:15 AM

4,362 posts, read 6,533,449 times
The Retro Uni's this year were outstanding.

Old 05-18-2021, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
I like the guy, but I think there’s some really bad things he does within locker room/organization. A good friend of mine is good friends with him. Parise and Suter have gotten Yeo, and Boudreau fired. Suter and Boudreau used to get into screaming matches in the locker room also. I think a giant difference is Koivu is gone, that guy was terrible. The stories Carter told his friend from White Bear who I am friends with, the younger guys and veterans were divided. Evason and Guerin changed everything for the better.
Interesting. I guess you never quite know what is going on in a lockeroom.

Old 05-18-2021, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Interesting. I guess you never quite know what is going on in a lockeroom.
I can’t write what was said from Koivu to a younger teammate over a joking matter when he crossed way too many lines. I think the telling sign with Parise was he wasn’t given the C last summer. From what we see as fans, how could he not be the captain???? Dude out hustles everyone and scores a lot of points, something big must be a giant negative with him. How is Rask, Bjugstad, Johansson playing over him? There’s something big we fans don’t know about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul