Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2019, 07:11 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,091,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonguy1960 View Post
(And a few times yearly i still see a Nordiques jersey or Whalers jersey around Boston.)
I personally think those are the three best jerseys in NHL history:

Whalers
Nordiques
North Stars

I still have my Joe Sakic Nordiques CCM Center Ice jersey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2019, 07:44 PM

3,816 posts, read 6,450,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post

Whalers
Nordiques
North Stars
I'll play.....but I'll give my top 5:

Red Wings
Blackhawks
North Stars
Canadiens
Flyers

Honorable mention: Rangers (Statue of Liberty version)

And my bottom 5:

Wild
Avalanche
Blues (the ones with the red in them)
Thrashers
Ducks (the current ones)

Dishonorable mention: Islanders (the ones with the fish sticks guy)

Old 10-19-2019, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
I'll play.....but I'll give my top 5:

Red Wings
Blackhawks
North Stars
Canadiens
Flyers

Honorable mention: Rangers (Statue of Liberty version)

And my bottom 5:

Wild
Avalanche
Blues (the ones with the red in them)
Thrashers
Ducks (the current ones)

Dishonorable mention: Islanders (the ones with the fish sticks guy)
Flyers are among the best/my favorite too. Never was a huge fan of the Hawks but many people think they're the best, and I do have a Chelios white Hawks still in my stash. Theyve grown on my over the years to the point i like the simplicity of the Chief's head. Habs' jerseys are classy, too. I personally like the Avs jerseys and have a couple of them myself as well.

Old 10-20-2019, 02:54 AM

Quote:
I personally like the Avs jerseys and have a couple of them myself as well
I don't mind the A logo on the Avs jerseys, but the rest of the design and especially that maroon/dull blue color combo is just bad to me. Very hard on the eyes.

Old 10-22-2019, 11:56 PM

16 posts, read 10,586 times
The NHL has so many classic jerseys that I don't think the Wild's jerseys will not seem gimmicky for a while. I think people that are really into branding and sports uniforms love the Wild's identity. I like it, but not much compares to the North Stars.

Old 10-27-2019, 10:19 PM

2,948 posts, read 5,195,279 times
Quote:

Whalers
Nordiques
North Stars

I still have my Joe Sakic Nordiques CCM Center Ice jersey.
Now that I think about it, yellow and green is an awful color combo, no!? But it seems to work, or at least back then, for the North Stars.

A friend who is a long-time Rangers fan revealed recently he likes the Red Wings' jersey the best. I assume the reds, not the away whites.

And I still am not comfortable after all of these years about the whites bring road uniforms now, instead of the home uniforms. I'm 59, so just showing my age? I bet young fans would find it odd if home teams were to wear whites nowadays.

I like the white Rangers jersey. Love the red Blackhawks jersey as most seem to, but not so much their whites.

Can't stand the Kings with the black. Purple so reigns!

Love the light blue St. Louis jersey they sport occasionally...don't like the black pants or maybe other black accents in the current ones.

Don't like the black pants the Avs wear. Wasn't it maroon perhaps, initially?

Love the type of green on the Stars' updated home jersey versus their originals.

Buffalo has always been decent except when they redid the colors and logo, long ago. Nice that it's back to the true logo and colors.

I like New Jersey's road and home uniforms.

Those newer putrid yellows of the Preds are concerning. And it really clashes with the new bright mustard yellows of the Penguins!

Old 10-28-2019, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Now that I think about it, yellow and green is an awful color combo, no!?
No, it's a great mix. Some of the best uniforms in sports have or had that combo. I hate the Packers, but their uniforms are freakin awesome. The Oakland A's also have a great, classic uniform. The North Stars jerseys were just as great until they decided to add black for some reason and then they changed them completely right before they moved to Dallas. NDSU wears the combo nicely. The Seattle SuperSonics also until they became the OKC Thunder. Oregon had great uniforms before Nike got ahold of them and made them into a sideshow. My middle school down in Texas had the same colors and our uniforms were excellent as well.

Yellow (gold) and green is one of the best combos a team can have IMO.

Old 10-28-2019, 04:23 AM

2,948 posts, read 5,195,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
No, it's a great mix. Some of the best uniforms in sports have or had that combo. I hate the Packers, but their uniforms are freakin awesome. The Oakland A's also have a great, classic uniform. The North Stars jerseys were just as great until they decided to add black for some reason and then they changed them completely right before they moved to Dallas. NDSU wears the combo nicely. The Seattle SuperSonics also until they became the OKC Thunder. Oregon had great uniforms before Nike got ahold of them and made them into a sideshow. My middle school down in Texas had the same colors and our uniforms were excellent as well.

Yellow (gold) and green is one of the best combos a team can have IMO.
Ok, I think you've convinced me on green and yellow/gold!

I notice the Wild's sellout streak after six or seven impressive years ended at home game 2. Should've ended last year. "Only" 17,000 for that, then 17,000 again the next game. Isn't capacity about 18,500 but standing room often pushed it over 19,000 many times during the sellout streak?

I think they also had a long sellout streak when they started, ending many years later, for a few years, after a bad product.

I'm surprised they've been supported so well in their history, considering the lukewarm product over the years. The North Starts had trouble filling 15,0000 seats many of their years, with no NBA competition, down to 7,000 some games the year they surprisingly went to the Final against Pittsburgh?

Do they still offer standing room?

Old 10-28-2019, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Now that I think about it, yellow and green is an awful color combo, no!? But it seems to work, or at least back then, for the North Stars.

A friend who is a long-time Rangers fan revealed recently he likes the Red Wings' jersey the best. I assume the reds, not the away whites.

And I still am not comfortable after all of these years about the whites bring road uniforms now, instead of the home uniforms. I'm 59, so just showing my age? I bet young fans would find it odd if home teams were to wear whites nowadays.

I like the white Rangers jersey. Love the red Blackhawks jersey as most seem to, but not so much their whites.

Can't stand the Kings with the black. Purple so reigns!

Love the light blue St. Louis jersey they sport occasionally...don't like the black pants or maybe other black accents in the current ones.

Don't like the black pants the Avs wear. Wasn't it maroon perhaps, initially?

Love the type of green on the Stars' updated home jersey versus their originals.

Buffalo has always been decent except when they redid the colors and logo, long ago. Nice that it's back to the true logo and colors.

I like New Jersey's road and home uniforms.

Those newer putrid yellows of the Preds are concerning. And it really clashes with the new bright mustard yellows of the Penguins!

Pretty much all of the second/third wave of NHL teams have great jerseys.

Quote:
Ok, I think you've convinced me on green and yellow/gold!

I notice the Wild's sellout streak after six or seven impressive years ended at home game 2. Should've ended last year. "Only" 17,000 for that, then 17,000 again the next game. Isn't capacity about 18,500 but standing room often pushed it over 19,000 many times during the sellout streak?

I think they also had a long sellout streak when they started, ending many years later, for a few years, after a bad product.

I'm surprised they've been supported so well in their history, considering the lukewarm product over the years. The North Starts had trouble filling 15,0000 seats many of their years, with no NBA competition, down to 7,000 some games the year they surprisingly went to the Final against Pittsburgh?

Do they still offer standing room?

I mean we had made the playoffs for one of the stronger streaks in the league. Capacity is around 18K. My dad and I had season tickets the first 5 seasons. MN pro-sports fans are very fickle IMO. Twins were the best they had been in years this season and we were 15th (out of 30) teams in attendance. The early poor weather games and standoffishness about the new roster played a little into that, but still our attendance should have been better than that.

I was having the attendance discussion on HF just the other day. I wondered how long this team can be inept before attendance dips. We sold out every game at the X for the first....10 years?

We need to tank for a couple years and stack up some legit picks. But I still don't know if that's the route we're going to take with Guerin now running the ship.

Old 10-28-2019, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Now that I think about it, yellow and green is an awful color combo, no!? But it seems to work, or at least back then, for the North Stars. !
I don't know. I do remember liking the Stars jerseys when I was younger.

Wild Jerseys in North Stars Colors

Opinions on them? Better, or worse?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul