Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2009, 05:40 AM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,382,632 times

Advertisements

Thankful for my wonderful friends, faithful family, loving parents, God's grace in my life. Thankful for enough cash to pay the electric bill (walking on faith about the future, as always) and keep gas in the tank. Thankful for brave men & women who put on a uniform & carry a gun in the name of what's right, whether here or on foreign soil. Thankful for what's good about this great nation, and hopeful for the future. Thankful for whoever invented the internet. Thankful for each breath.

Love to all our extended city-data family. Hope you're warm & dry & well fed this Thanksgiving.

...Lake Junkie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2009, 08:45 AM

380 posts, read 963,524 times
Thankful for a pantry and freezer full of good food, grown in our garden;

Thankful for a husband who tollerates my excentricities;

Thankful that all of our children who need to be employed, are employed.

Thankful that my daughter-in-law who is battling both MS and Stage IV-M lung cancer is well enough to be home with her husband and little girl for Thanksgiving.

Thankful that 50% of my kids and 75% of my grandkids will be at OUR Thanksgiving table.

Thankful that my two adult, unaltered male dogs have finally decided to stop marking in the house (it is about the little things, after all);

Thankful that the garage annex is finished and came in under budget;

Thankful for good friends here in Missouri, back in Wisconsin, and scattered everywhere.

Old 11-24-2009, 03:02 PM

5,812 posts, read 18,831,224 times
Thankful that my sister's male dog won't be humping relatives this year (he's neutered now).

Thankful that Thanksgiving should be fun, even if I don't talk to some of the relatives much the rest of the year.

Old 11-25-2009, 09:13 AM

4,682 posts, read 12,059,299 times
Thankful to have made it safely to the hills & hollers of Missouri last night / this morning [~3am]...

Now, is that the awesome smell of Alex's Pizza that I detect from up the road?!?!?

Old 11-25-2009, 09:22 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times
Thumbs up Have a Great Thanksgiving-but please don't race me to the narrow spot!

Yep! I hope all of you have a great Thanksgiving!

Please keep in mind that Mo farmers are still struggling to get their crops harvested. Some farmers will be working tomorrow as you travel. In the years past i have been on many types of farm machinery and while traveling down the road; i have often had to slam on the brakes of a slow moving farm machine to avoid an accident. The approaching vehicle driver sees that they must slow down because i will be going thru that narrow spot on the road before them. The driver then accelerates to beat me thru the narrow spot! Folks it is just not worth it! It takes only seconds for me to get thru or for a serious crash to occur.

SO! As a passenger you can sure do some good to slow down that harried driver that is trying to get you somewhere in quick time. PLEASE TELL THEM TO JUST SLOW DOWN A BIT AND BE WARY OF FARMERS.

Off my soapbox and back to your regular programming! Thanks

Old 11-25-2009, 09:45 AM

25,464 posts, read 13,574,744 times
With so much to be thankful for, just where does one begin?
I am most Thankful for my immediate family, husband, sons and their families. Three of the handsomest, fun-loving, adorable, intelligent, curious minded, and loving grandsons ever!
Thankful to live in this glorious state of Missouri, even tho' while doing family research I find so many ancestors from Tennessee and Kentucky. Now know why I felt so comfortable there when visiting!~

Which brings me to my being thankful for our home being surrounded by some of Missouri's finest offering of woods, hills and valleys being home to so many critters. Have I mentioned that I really love these woods?
I am thankful for the love and support of our sons and their families.

Thankful for the free will that our Creator has granted us. Free to learn from our mistakes and failures. And then to progress in applying these lessons towards better understanding and successes.

Thankful to not living entirely in Orwell's 1984. Will someone please remove all of those cameras perched above us while we innocently proceed to accomplish our daily tasks?
I am thankful for the ability to have learned how to turn this MacBookPro on and surf the internet which brought me to here, my almost second home, amongst so many interesting, knowledgeable, and friendly people.

......................HAPPY THANKSGIVING DAY TO Y'ALL!!!!

Old 11-25-2009, 09:50 AM

Oh, did I mention how much I really, really am happy to be a Missourian????

After having dug to a depth of 10 feet last year, New York scientists found
traces of copper wire dating back 100 years and came to the conclusion
that their ancestors already had a telephone network more than 100 years
ago.

Not to be outdone by the New Yorkers, in the weeks that followed, a California
archaeologist dug to a depth of 20 feet, and shortly after, a story
in the LA Times read: 'California archaeologists, finding traces of 200
year old copper wire, have concluded that their ancestors already had an
advanced high-tech communications network a hundred years earlier than the
New Yorkers.

One week later, The Kansas City Star, a local newspaper in K.C.,Mo, reported
the following: After digging as deep as 30 feet in his pasture near Warsaw, Mo, Bubba Brown, a self-taught archaeologist, reported that he found
absolutely nothing. Bubba has therefore concluded that 300 years ago, Mo.
had already gone wireless.

(All in good fun!!!!)

Just makes me proud to be from Missouri !

Old 11-25-2009, 10:21 AM

4,682 posts, read 12,059,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods Voyager View Post
With so much to be thankful for, just where does one begin?
I am most Thankful for my immediate family, husband, sons and their families. Three of the handsomest, fun-loving, adorable, intelligent, curious minded, and loving grandsons ever!
Thankful to live in this glorious state of Missouri, even tho' while doing family research I find so many ancestors from Tennessee and Kentucky. Now know why I felt so comfortable there when visiting!~

Which brings me to my being thankful for our home being surrounded by some of Missouri's finest offering of woods, hills and valleys being home to so many critters. Have I mentioned that I really love these woods?
I am thankful for the love and support of our sons and their families.

Thankful for the free will that our Creator has granted us. Free to learn from our mistakes and failures. And then to progress in applying these lessons towards better understanding and successes.

Thankful to not living entirely in Orwell's 1984. Will someone please remove all of those cameras perched above us while we innocently proceed to accomplish our daily tasks?
I am thankful for the ability to have learned how to turn this MacBookPro on and surf the internet which brought me to here, my almost second home, amongst so many interesting, knowledgeable, and friendly people.

......................HAPPY THANKSGIVING DAY TO Y'ALL!!!!
Indeed... best to all, esp. those in armed services, during this Thanksgiving holidays.

PS: as to the "1984" reference... 'Insecurity Cameras' To Track All Of Town's Traffic : NPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Yep! I hope all of you have a great Thanksgiving!

Please keep in mind that Mo farmers are still struggling to get their crops harvested. Some farmers will be working tomorrow as you travel. In the years past i have been on many types of farm machinery and while traveling down the road; i have often had to slam on the brakes of a slow moving farm machine to avoid an accident. The approaching vehicle driver sees that they must slow down because i will be going thru that narrow spot on the road before them. The driver then accelerates to beat me thru the narrow spot! Folks it is just not worth it! It takes only seconds for me to get thru or for a serious crash to occur.

SO! As a passenger you can sure do some good to slow down that harried driver that is trying to get you somewhere in quick time. PLEASE TELL THEM TO JUST SLOW DOWN A BIT AND BE WARY OF FARMERS.

Off my soapbox and back to your regular programming! Thanks
Versatile,,, good post, and very helpful warning. With that said, such thoughts go both ways: just yesterday a combine was going down paved county road, taking up the entire width... and no helper vehicle going in front to help warn on-coming autos to slow down, to take to a side road or driveway.

Old 11-25-2009, 10:23 AM

15,971 posts, read 9,385,776 times
I'm thankful I have all of you that continue to put up with me here for over 2 years now.

Old 11-25-2009, 10:31 AM

I am ashamed that I did not mention my thanks to all of those now serving and having served in our military. Also my thanks to the many law enforcement, fire fighters, and emergency medical technicians (EMT) responders. 24/7 they are there/here for us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri