Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2023, 08:34 PM

494 posts, read 470,740 times

Advertisements

So it’s at the corner of joachim and st micheal…. Not st Francis. That is not a historic district. Looks like parking maybe at the corner of jackson and micheal or is it on the first floor?

Side note… I love the airport hotel / belt line design. Very original. Gives you the feel of being in the outskirts of Wichita, suburbs of Cincinnati, or even shall I say an interstate 85 exit just east of Montgomery! Not saying that a building needs to be historic looking….. just saying a downtown is the heart of a community and showplace. They could have done better with the facades without having to spend too much more.

Last edited by evlb401; 03-21-2023 at 08:43 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2023, 09:11 PM

5,014 posts, read 9,225,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evlb401 View Post
So it’s at the corner of joachim and st micheal…. Not st Francis. That is not a historic district. Looks like parking maybe at the corner of jackson and micheal or is it on the first floor?

Side note… I love the airport hotel / belt line design. Very original. Gives you the feel of being in the outskirts of Wichita, suburbs of Cincinnati, or even shall I say an interstate 85 exit just east of Montgomery! Not saying that a building needs to be historic looking….. just saying a downtown is the heart of a community and showplace. They could have done better with the facades without having to spend too much more.
I agree the city should hold them to a standard. Regarding surrounding architecture.

Old 03-22-2023, 01:40 AM

15 posts, read 9,837 times
Hopefully a developer will build a 20+ story hotel in the near future! The Riverview is the only one that's in that height range now, since the RSA Tower is a mixed used building. Another 20+ story office tower would be nice as well!

Old 03-22-2023, 08:37 AM

203 posts, read 194,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evlb401 View Post

the address listed comes back at the corner of st michael and joachim but the plans show it at the corner of St Francis and Joachim next to the Steeple

Old 03-22-2023, 12:55 PM

890 posts, read 614,460 times
Clever move on the CoE, in order to maintain that 50 foot set back, the CoE basically turned the entrances into 50 foot long little buildings before going into the main building

Old 03-22-2023, 01:05 PM

Yeah! That’s clever.

Old 03-23-2023, 04:37 AM

I like this Nashville design better

https://www.expedia.com/Nashville-Ho...el-Information

It's better than an empty eye sore of a lot though. Could have been worse like a storage facility but I would have loved the design I saw in Nashville.

I would love to see another boutique hotel downtown. Something like the Moxy or Auto Graph collection.

Last edited by PortCity; 03-23-2023 at 04:53 AM..

Old 03-23-2023, 06:07 AM

Ha! Yes, at least it isn’t a storage facility!

Old 03-23-2023, 06:39 AM

890 posts, read 614,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PortCity View Post
I like this Nashville design better

https://www.expedia.com/Nashville-Ho...el-Information

It's better than an empty eye sore of a lot though. Could have been worse like a storage facility but I would have loved the design I saw in Nashville.

I would love to see another boutique hotel downtown. Something like the Moxy or Auto Graph collection.
The biggest issue is probably the height limit, I believe the max height for that lot is only 6 stories, which is a pretty significant hold back for that part of downtown as it pretty much encourages parking lots because it’s not worth building a parking deck if their building is gonna have to be the same size since there’s only 6 stories max allowed

Old 03-23-2023, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InlandWave View Post
The biggest issue is probably the height limit, I believe the max height for that lot is only 6 stories, which is a pretty significant hold back for that part of downtown as it pretty much encourages parking lots because it’s not worth building a parking deck if their building is gonna have to be the same size since there’s only 6 stories max allowed
Damn that sucks smh.

Any word on the Roussos property? It was suppose to be a boutique hotel on that property.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area