Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2010, 03:40 AM

4,023 posts, read 5,531,028 times

Advertisements

Happy St. Patrick's Day, everyone!

Old 03-17-2010, 08:02 AM

8,090 posts, read 15,165,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
So you have had a lot of dogs over the years?
A couple thousand, counting puppies. A few hundred as adults. Not at all unusual for a kennel or pro trainer -- think of it the same as a kindergarten teacher, a job it greatly resembles. In fact, it is now time to go forth and throw screaming children to the howling bounders.

Old 03-17-2010, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
A couple thousand, counting puppies. A few hundred as adults. Not at all unusual for a kennel or pro trainer -- think of it the same as a kindergarten teacher, a job it greatly resembles. In fact, it is now time to go forth and throw screaming children to the howling bounders.
You raise dogs to sell?
You raise dogs to aid the blind?
You raise police dogs?
You board dogs for people?
You are a rescue center for abandoned dogs?
Please tell......

Old 03-17-2010, 04:19 PM

Well, I just saw a house on the lake in Polson...surrounded by pines.....I assume it's Flathead Lake????? The setting is drop dead gorgeous, the water looks like crystal clear aqua in the photo...... I didn't love the kitchen, but who cares? And now, if I can just scrape together over $2.6 million, I can buy it.....maybe as a 'summer cottage'....... LOL

I read the info/input about Highway 93 being a death trap for many.....so, if my girl becomes a Grizzly, (I think they are called Grizzlies. I have Rams, Grizzlies and Cougars and I'm getting them all mixed up right now), that road is already forbidden!

Old 03-17-2010, 05:29 PM

Quote:
You raise dogs to sell?
You raise dogs to aid the blind?
You raise police dogs?
You board dogs for people?
You are a rescue center for abandoned dogs?
Please tell......
I breed working Labradors, mainly as gundogs (and companions for active families), but some do go to the guide dogs. One became a drug sniffer dog -- only dog they'd had that passed ALL the tests including helicopter work; he spent his career working offshore oil rigs. -- Far as I know, I am the last Lab breeder anywhere in the world who still exhibits 100% fieldbred dogs in conformation shows (but only in UKC. At AKC shows, a fieldbred dog cannot win anymore, even tho it is more correct. Current AKC/English show type is nothing like the correct historical type.) At present I've had 13 or 14 generations of my own line, founded on the Avalanche line from Helena MT (est. ca. 1925).

Don't do any boarding right now -- not enough room.

Rescues at this point are mostly bogus (many now deal mainly in imported puppies -- over 300,000 imports from 3rd world countries per 2007 CDC stats -- but some actually steal dogs from breeders on very thin pretexts; look up the Murder Hollow Bassets for one good example). Their IRS nonprofit forms are fascinating... the owners usually make serious bucks at it. WAY more than any trainer or breeder ever makes. -- Abandoned dogs are actually very, very rare, considering how many dogs there are in the U.S. -- about 80 million. Fewer than one in 10,000 ever winds up in a shelter for ANY reason.

Old 03-17-2010, 05:31 PM

Some serious rabbit damage over the winter!

Rabbit Damage at Reiman Gardens Kills 50 Trees | Horticulture and Home Pest News

Also, for you gardeners, check out this useful newsletter: IC-501( 4) -- March 17, 2010 | Horticulture and Home Pest News

Old 03-17-2010, 05:53 PM

2,790 posts, read 6,130,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Some serious rabbit damage over the winter!

Rabbit Damage at Reiman Gardens Kills 50 Trees | Horticulture and Home Pest News

Also, for you gardeners, check out this useful newsletter: IC-501( 4) -- March 17, 2010 | Horticulture and Home Pest News

Thanks for the links - I just happen to be a horticulturist. No problems with rabbits or deer down here....we did have plant eating iguanas.....until this last January and February cold winter down here. Iguanas were decimated! Yes! They don't belong here and have done so much damage to plant material.

Old 03-17-2010, 08:13 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,679,518 times
Hi, PL
Interesting facts on the iggies. I know they are rampet, maybe some of those boas got frozen out too.
Woohoo 56 today and almost no snow left. The baby calves will be on the ground soon like little presents.
and happy st. Pats to you all.
I am full of cornbeef and cabbage!

Old 03-17-2010, 09:44 PM

Jason!! Quincy is out of his cage again!!

Here's another fun story -- if you lose something on the moon, don't despair!!
Game developer's lost Russian rover is found

Old 03-18-2010, 12:50 PM

475 posts, read 1,499,127 times
Quote:
Well, just got a call----my husband and girl are now in Missoula! Tour is tomorrow! They toured Pullman this a.m......liked the school and figured she could learn all the streets in Pullman within 15 minutes. LOL Pullman is on spring break right now so it's kinda quiet.....and it was interesting to hear that it was approximately 15 minutes until they hit a forest area....

Crossed over to Moscow and shot up through Cour d' and over to Missoula...saw beautiful forests, lakes, rivers and more snow, but not enough to scare her...(she's lived by the beach her whole life so this will be a change, no matter when she ends up)..

They are now going to explore Missoula 'to get a feel'.....she's overwhelmed right now..(heck, I felt that way in Ft. Collins in January, but aside from the campus tour, we were also rushing to all kinds of towns looking at real estate, too)....I told her that it takes awhile to learn an area, so don't let that influence her decision... They are not on spring break, so she'll see kids on the campus tomorrow....(actually, they drove by the school already....she said it's pretty)...

Thanks, all, for being here for me when I write....
Sounds like they are having a wonderful time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana