Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2010, 12:20 AM

8,092 posts, read 15,177,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
But I did learn that the smaller campuses afforded me the opportunity to meet and keep great friends. Smaller classes so I was able to learn more. The friends I met were true friends, not just college friends. Friends that I've kept up with through all the years. The bigger campuses, were just to get the credits I needed at the time. I have 86 upper level credits and 64 lower level credits. No more then 4 or 5 have ever been on one campus.
Whoa, you're as bad as my late-favourite-uncle-by-marriage-since-divorced (yes, that's all one word). He never quite stopped going to college. Was a professor at times too. So what all did you study?

I liked MSU-Bozeman just fine, still think it was a nice-sized school. Had everything anyone could want, but still small enough that your profs always knew you personally and you could always get that extra help if you needed it, and the campus was a reasonable size for getting to everything, too. (And the dorm food was terrific, at least if you ate at the old dorms! not so good at the new highrise's kitchen.)

I'm not sure class size has much to do with it, tho -- some of the classes with a hundred or more students seemed to put the most material into my head. Some teachers have the knack of teaching to every single student, no matter how large the class. I've also seen teachers who couldn't relate to a class of 10 or 12 students. At MSU, I only encountered one really bad teacher (he really should never have been required to teach at all, he just couldn't talk to students -- tho I gather he was a brilliant researcher); the rest were from adequate (only a couple I'd rate that low) to pretty good to terrific.

Old 03-22-2010, 09:53 AM

6,259 posts, read 14,687,081 times
More fishing stories!
and yes when is the wagon heading north?

Old 03-22-2010, 04:13 PM

299 posts, read 566,770 times
Default oops....

Hey Griz... good catch.. Wurzig had told me her age, and that she had two years behind her.. As one of the girl's Montana "uncles", I'm embarassed to forget that.. But I got all excited looking at the sororities at UM.. There's only four, but they looked real good on their websites.. Sorry Wurzig... haha.

Old 03-22-2010, 06:18 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,091,844 times
Rez - Electronics, math, fiber optics.

Mt-7 - Wagon will roll around the 20th or so of April. I've posted new pictures as we rolled it out of the shop and put the top back on. We're just working on trim stuff now.

Old 03-23-2010, 02:08 AM

4,023 posts, read 5,537,058 times
Quote:
I too think that smaller is much better. Specially as a Junior. With smaller, it becomes much more personal. Friends are easier as there are not thousands to choose from. With smaller, you have less people to redicule or become clanish. There's not enough people to become a clan.

I've studied in a lot of schools. School of Mines, SD. Springfield, SD. Tampa, U of F. Texas A&M. San Diego, U of U. San Diego U of C. Hell, I can't even remember all of them. But I did learn that the smaller campuses afforded me the opportunity to meet and keep great friends. Smaller classes so I was able to learn more. The friends I met were true friends, not just college friends. Friends that I've kept up with through all the years. The bigger campuses, were just to get the credits I needed at the time. I have 86 upper level credits and 64 lower level credits. No more then 4 or 5 have ever been on one campus.

But your daughter has the opportunity of a lifetime to learn away from home. To get new ideas, to experience other cultures, ideas, ....

She would do great in Montana.

Next, you'll have to figure out where you want to live.
You are definitely one well-rounded person!

She received 2 post cards today.......one about whatever....(maybe a club or something, I can't recall)....and another pretty one of the school (the kind you buy when you are on vacation and mail to friends), and it was handwritten, thanking her for touring/visiting and if there are any more questions please let us know.....

I can't remember if I mentioned this, but in January, she received a voice mail call from a boy at the school.....said he was a student there and if she had any questions please call back.....

UM does an excellent job of promoting......wow!

Old 03-23-2010, 05:01 AM

6,259 posts, read 14,687,081 times
Quote:

Mt-7 - Wagon will roll around the 20th or so of April. I've posted new pictures as we rolled it out of the shop and put the top back on. We're just working on trim stuff now.
Psst: I didn't know you were Santa

Old 03-23-2010, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt-7 View Post
Psst: I didn't know you were Santa
2 years ago I decided to have some fun. Went into the hair place in Wal-Mart and had everything dyed white. When they were finishing up and blow drying my hair a little kid come dragging his mother through the door. He stopped and pointed at me and told his mother. "See, I told you he was here." She come over and appologized. I told her there was no need to appologize, if the little guy wanted to believe, let him.

Grandkids loved it.

Old 03-23-2010, 09:56 AM

Quote:
2 years ago I decided to have some fun. Went into the hair place in Wal-Mart and had everything dyed white. When they were finishing up and blow drying my hair a little kid come dragging his mother through the door. He stopped and pointed at me and told his mother. "See, I told you he was here." She come over and appologized. I told her there was no need to appologize, if the little guy wanted to believe, let him.

Grandkids loved it.
A friend here does the same thing, and he can pull off Santa pretty convincingly. Kids enjoy it and it's harmless. I remember having fun posing with Santa when I was a little kid -- I already knew Santa was a fairy tale, but it was still fun to pretend to believe, just for that moment.

Not much different from adults role-playing, whether that's historical recreations or whatever. Hell, that's one fun thing about stuff like your wagon ride -- just for today, we can pretend it's 1840 and we're headed into the wild unknown.

Old 03-23-2010, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Wow, that's a headful! Good useful applied stuff, too.

Old 03-23-2010, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Wow, that's a headful! Good useful applied stuff, too.
All those credits. I have no degree. Just took classes to help my work/job. For instance, a company I worked for wanted to get into fiber optics. So I jumped back into the school mode and took 4 classes on Fiber Optics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana