Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 11:55 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,240,127 times

Advertisements

Originally Posted by DaBeez
Quote:
I saw "South Park Bigger Longer and Uncut" again over the long weekend and this really is the funniest movie from beginning to end I have ever seen. It was even nominated for an Oscar for Best Original Song.
(...)
The scene where Gary (the hero) has to act his way into the terrorist group where he explained how he heard the cries from his pet goat when the "infidels" bombed his village - AWESOME and almost tear jerking.
Aren't you confusing South Park Bigger Longer and Uncut with Team America: World Police?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2008, 12:07 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,928,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocula View Post
The puppet sex scene was from a different movie than South Park.
It sounds like he's describing "Team America".

Edit: I just noticed Tricky D said the same thing.

Old 07-07-2008, 12:08 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,973,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocula View Post
The puppet sex scene was from a different movie than South Park.
Doh!! Thats right. It was from "Team America". That movie was funny as well but not as funny as "Bigger Longer and Uncut". Got confused because I saw both movies.

Old 07-07-2008, 03:06 PM

4,596 posts, read 11,453,846 times
The scene in the wonderful classic, Sabrina, where David, the younger playboy son, sits on a pair of champagne flutes, and has to have stitches. I remember seeing that as a young girl, and every time I catch it, it tickles me.

Old 07-08-2008, 07:41 AM

2,540 posts, read 3,737,568 times
Has someone mentioned 'My Cousin Vinny'? It's my favorite comedy of all time.

The scene where the public defender is about to grill a witness at the trial for the first time. With a smug look and a few hearty pats on one of the boy's shoulder, he stands up and walks to the witness stand. He struts around like a peacock for a few seconds in front of the judge and juries, while everyone waits for his action with a baited breath (including me). Then as soon as he opens his mouth to ask his first question, the words come out stuttering, and his stutter becomes more pronounced and heavy as seconds tick by in dead silence as everyone now watches him in disbelief. Some hilarious dialogues ensued between him and the witness. Once it's over, one of the boy asks him "What was that all about?!", and the defender replies "I was nervous".

Old 07-08-2008, 11:57 PM

36 posts, read 129,915 times
My two favorite scenes from my all-time favorite comedy- Monty Python and the Holy Grail are:
1) Dennis and his entire rant
2) when the group pulls up to the rabbit's lair and the "horses" whinny, then someone says they're nervous sire!! Ohhh too funny!

Old 01-13-2009, 10:45 PM

635 posts, read 1,687,310 times
Just a few...
1. Planes, Trains & Automobiles: where John Candy & Steve Martin have to share a motel bed, "where's your hand?" "under the pillow" "that's not a pillow!"
2. Hollywood Shuffle: when 70-ish looking hookers run down the alleyway screaming, falling to the ground, eyes wide in fear, finally we see whats coming after them - six pimps locked together like a monster coming down the alley "where's my money!?"
3. Folks: Tom Selleck falls out of the window after being driven crazy by his family; he lands upright on a pole - his father who has alzheimer's authorizes a, um, 'surgery'
4. Forget Paris: The pigeon gets stuck to the flystrip in Debra Winger's hair and she goes to the vet to save the pigeon
5. Monty Python: The knight rides up to the castle without a horse, but hits together 2 coconuts to get the galloping sound but denies he's doing it
6. Meet the Parents: When a wine cork at dinner hits the urn on the fireplace mantle with grandma's ashes in it, the urn hits the floor, Jinx the cat rushes over, thinks the ashes are a litterbox and does the back feet action in the ashes - everyone is justifiably mortified

Last edited by justhere; 01-13-2009 at 11:20 PM..

Old 01-13-2009, 11:24 PM

90 posts, read 210,534 times
TRADING PLACES when the old geezer trys to lure Eddie Murphy into the Limo ""WHISKEY!!! ALL YOU WANT." Too funny!

Old 01-13-2009, 11:32 PM

90 posts, read 210,534 times
Planes. Trains & Automobiles when the toothless farmer snorts " Unlessen Yer A Hog or a Cattle".

Old 01-14-2009, 01:40 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,309,153 times
"Porky's" has so many hilarious scenes in it that I'm sure its fans would have different picks. But I think I'd have to go along with the 'Cherry Forever' scene out in the woods where all the horny young men gather in a cabin to take turns with Cherry. It's a staged prank by one of the guys. Cherry is in the bedroom with the first guy (the prankster) and they make noise to impress the guys sitting naked in the receiving room. There is a tall black man in the bedroom, laughing along with what he's about to do.

They break a window, the black man yells obsenities at what he "finds", raises a large machete, and the prankster comes out drenched in fake blood and collapses to the floor. The black man follows out with his machete and all those naked boys run out of the house like bats out of hell. One keeps going and runs along the country road butt naked until the local cops pick him up. They ask for i.d.

This comedy is a masterpiece staged in the 50's, and anyone who hasn't seen it really should. But it IS definitely raw humor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies