Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2008, 04:57 AM

2 posts, read 5,501 times

Advertisements

Recently I have watched bond movie Quantum of solus. It's not that much interesting like the other bond movies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2008, 11:14 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,378,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bls5555 View Post
I remember when I was in college this thing was ALWAYS on the movie channel. You know when you have a movie channel and see little bits and pieces of a movie but never catch the whole thing? I think i have seen that whole movie just not all in one sitting, but by catching little bits and pieces since it was constantly on.

I rented P2 from Redbox but didn't get to watch it last night. Might hold it out for 1 more day and watch it tonight.
I know exactly what you mean - I have never seen the Green Mile all in one sitting

Old 11-18-2008, 08:03 PM

638 posts, read 1,918,603 times
Tropic Thunder...... all I can say is we want our dollar back from redbox for that steaming pile

Only good thing about it was Tom Cruise

Old 12-06-2008, 03:34 PM

4,537 posts, read 9,190,828 times
Default The Good German (2006)

This is one of the best movies I've seen... Intrigue in post World War II Berlin. A US Army correspondent is sent to cover the Potsdam conference deciding the new map of Europe but is caught up in the chaos of the black market, murder and the US and Soviets' pursuit of Germany's rocket scientists after the collapse of the Nazi state.

And I am blown away by the amazing Cate Blanchett. I had previously seen her in The Aviator as Katherine Hepburn. In this film her performance is a tour de force.

The Good German (2006)

YouTube - The Good German Trailer

Old 12-07-2008, 07:16 AM

4,721 posts, read 15,617,005 times
The Assasination of Jesse James. Good perfomances, beautiful music, authentic mood,,but way Too long.

Old 12-07-2008, 03:09 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,291,764 times
I rented The Happening. People on here and every where said it stunk but I thought I would give it a shot.

This is the DUMBEST movie I have seen in a while. The acting is horrible. I usually like Walberg but he just doesnt seem like himself in this movie. I kept looking at the counter to see when it was over.

Old 12-08-2008, 12:16 PM

2,722 posts, read 5,471,750 times
Wanted - it sucked.

Old 12-08-2008, 03:22 PM

1,015 posts, read 2,162,574 times
I netflixed Hancock over the weekend - Will Smith, Jason Bateman, Charlise Theron... sounds like it should be a good movie, but it's serioulsy flawed and falls flat on it's face after the first 1/2 hour. Skip it! 1/5

Old 12-09-2008, 11:18 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,378,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy S in PBC View Post
I netflixed Hancock over the weekend - Will Smith, Jason Bateman, Charlise Theron... sounds like it should be a good movie, but it's serioulsy flawed and falls flat on it's face after the first 1/2 hour. Skip it! 1/5
I tried to watch it but I kept falling asleep - the last thing I saw was when he was in the kitchen hitting Charlize Theron over the end with spoons and pots or something like that. Its sitting on my DVD shelf but I doubt I'll ever watch it

Old 12-09-2008, 02:46 PM

1,558 posts, read 2,598,716 times
ive been lazy so i got a bunch of reviews

Swiss Family Robinson 5/5 - for some reason i really wanted to see this again. i wasnt sure if i saw the whole movie before, but i do remember a few scenes very specifically. right from the opening credits i was pretty much quoting each line and remembering each voice and character. it was wonderful! anyways, this is a great movie. definately over the top as far as survivial skills but comeon, its a disney movie! i do not remember the ending being like that! i wouldnt say i was dissappointed, but more surprised i didnt remember it ending like that

Treasure Island 5/5 - well after seeing swiss family robinson i knew i had to see this again. another wonderful movie, and surprisingly violent. im hunting out these old disney movies, feel free to mention some

The Andromeda Strain 2/5 - ive heard this was a great movie, but i didnt care for it. i know it was supposed to be suspenceful, but i guess ive been desensitised by modern sci-fi flix. i nearly fell asleep during the sterilizing stage going from level 1-5

Pitch Black 3/5 - ive seen the riddick chronicles about 100 times, and didnt even know it was a sequel. i didnt like this as much as chronicles. i dont think the creatures worked as bad guys. yes i know the merc was a bad guy of sorts too. the ending caught me off guard tho

Abominable 4/5 - bigfoot attacks a mountain resort, where in one lodge are some teen girls, and the other guy in a wheelchair and his wiseass helper. the wheelchair dude sees bigfoot but his helper doesnt believe him and when he tries to warn the teens they call him a perv. several creative deaths later and some horrible acting and meaningless plot round up this movie. the ending is pretty cool too!

Sasquatch Mountain 4/5 - some bank robbers get in an car accident and take the other driver hostage during a gunfight, and flee into the woods. the movie really tried to flesh out the characters (more then other straight to video sci-fi movies), sometimes it worked for the plot, other times it didnt. the ending stand-off with bigfoot was kinda lame, but made for an acceptable ending. dare i say it was a realistic ending

Dagon 4/5 - sci-fi straight to video movie which was surprisingly good. boaters get stranded on a foreign island where the towns people are a bit "strange". the cast seems to be picked off, probably for dinner. the ending was great, albeit a bit hard to watch, as ive lost my taste for barbeque foods. the movie production was great, atmosphere and cgi was wonderful

Indiana Jones/Kingdom of the Crystal Skull 3/5 - what was this crap? bad plot, lines, and ending. but it has good action so it was still an enjoyable flick

Mr. Brooks 5/5 - costner plays a business man whos addicted to killing. his alter ego gets him to do it one last final time, but a voyeur (dane cook) catches him on film. but instead of turning him in dane asks to join in the next killing. some great twists and turns, a great ending, and if you hate dane cook as much as me you will love it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies