Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 09:14 AM

764 posts, read 2,549,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossc View Post
I DO NOT think the entire Antioch area is bad. I think the area near the lake is the best, but not the only nice area. There are lots of nice, safe areas that I would not consider living in. For starters, I wouldn't live anywhere near an apartment complex or group of rental homes, regardless of the town.

I could really care less if you want to trash any area in it's entirety. Not everyone can afford to live in Brentwood or the west side. Thousands of people manage to live in Antioch with no problems. All I'm saying is that when you tell someone not to consider the entire zip code, you are eliminating some nice areas with affordable homes from their search.
Well bully for you! The title of this thread is "What's the problem with Antioch" and those of us with an opinion about Antioch are going to express it despite repeated attempts to censor. I have also written SEVERAL times that not all of Antioch is a cesspool but the bad currently outweighs the good by far. Lie with dogs and all that...

I don't know how to fix Antioch's problems but until something changes, I will continue to express my opinion about the area as a whole to newcomers coming here looking for advice. It doesn't matter where you buy, with an Antioch address your property value is simply not going to appreciate as well as it could in other areas and that's just not a wise investment.

Antioch and Razor - it's obvious you two are fairly young with huge chips on your shoulders. Everything you experience from 'whites' does not boil down to race - it's about one's actions and the content of one's character, just as Dr. King dreamed it would one day be. Act like thugs, mall trolls and low-class trash and one will be judged for it and treated in kind.

Old 02-24-2010, 11:24 AM

147 posts, read 334,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
i agree with u for the most part...Honky isn't something teens say..lol..and if anyone has been rude in my time up here out of every kind of people i walk by in public....it's gotta be young white women out here..they seem to think they're "all that" ...i was walking through cool springs mall killing time before a job interview today and i passed by a lot of young cute looking white women from ages between 20-35 and they are too caught up into themselves to even say hi back to someone who is being polite as they pass by...if i come close to almost bumping someone i'll say "how u doin" or "sorry", but i got no responses back from anyone in my 2 hours of killing time getting applications while waiting for my main interview....i cleared out of the way to let one go by because my motto is ladies first but this girl gave me a "i'm too good to say thanks look" and moved right along....well i have a picture posted up on here and i know i aint that ugly.....lol...maybe a lil but da$!....so it must be that the white women out here are just rude unless you are in their lil circle or unless u have a lot of money or own a old beat up pick-up truck.....as for antioch it's all about what you grew up knowing i guess.....and it seems most haters of Antioch have either never lived in a real ghetto....or just can't undderstand people that are from other cultures
This post is racist.

Old 02-24-2010, 01:36 PM

909 posts, read 1,063,105 times
What about the car thief bust at the corner of Bell Rd. and Cain Ridge last night around 8:40 p.m. ??

Not sure how far the kid thought he was going to run when he jumped out of the stolen SUV but it looked like he got about 15 feet before a big swat team type cop knocked him down and cuffed him.

It was very entertaining to those of us stuck at the traffic light in front of the "Quarters" motel.

So much much for "safe and crime free" Antioch.

Old 02-24-2010, 01:58 PM

815 posts, read 2,018,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary_Moon View Post
Well bully for you! The title of this thread is "What's the problem with Antioch" and those of us with an opinion about Antioch are going to express it despite repeated attempts to censor. I have also written SEVERAL times that not all of Antioch is a cesspool but the bad currently outweighs the good by far. Lie with dogs and all that...

I don't know how to fix Antioch's problems but until something changes, I will continue to express my opinion about the area as a whole to newcomers coming here looking for advice. It doesn't matter where you buy, with an Antioch address your property value is simply not going to appreciate as well as it could in other areas and that's just not a wise investment.

Antioch and Razor - it's obvious you two are fairly young with huge chips on your shoulders. Everything you experience from 'whites' does not boil down to race - it's about one's actions and the content of one's character, just as Dr. King dreamed it would one day be. Act like thugs, mall trolls and low-class trash and one will be judged for it and treated in kind.
Excuse me Ms. Mary Moon, I am quite old enough and please don't try and bring anything Dr. King said to come against me or anyone else on this post. This post has nothing to do with what Dr. King said and you know it. You are just trying to cover up for your racisist comments and trying to prove that you are "Down" with the black race because you can quote Dr.King... I don't care if this is a post about Antioch, Nashville, Brentwood, or even Hollywood California, you are a racist anyway it comes, and who cares if you have a very diverse circle of friends... just a cover up. So please don't ever address anything to me again in the forum, if you have a problem with me please feel free to address me in a private message and we can surely deal with it and others can stay on the topic of discussion. Thank you very much for all your concerns about me and the chip I may have on my shoulder, maybe you should study more of Dr. King and perhaps others who made changes in Black History and alsothose who are making changes in the Hispanic community as well. Maybe then you will understand all types of people better and accept diversity.

Old 02-24-2010, 02:57 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,628,180 times
Quote:

This post is excellent!

Old 02-24-2010, 03:55 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,789,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vespula View Post

2 hours of killing time bumping and talking to 'white women' you dont know? Mall troll again.
yeah 2 hours is something us poor people call not wasting gas by driving around for the 2 hours....i am not driving all the way back to where i live to wait at home just to be comfortable...so i figured why not stop by the mall and continue my job hunt since the guy who was interviewing me was running late a couple hours than expected...and just because rich people are rude in the mall doesn't make me the bad guy...lol..you are ridiculous sir....by tha way...other than that rudeness that the women of Franklin and Brentwood displayed...i came up on 20 bucks doing a survey at the mall as i looked for work...and the women in the food court (spanish and asians) were way nicer than these local homegrowns....lol

Old 02-24-2010, 04:07 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,789,009 times
Quote:

Not trying to be rude here...there are a lot of good hearted kids out there of all color who are into the hip-hop thing and the only difference between you and them is age and experiences in life..coming from where i come from i don't agree with the celebration of being a thug but i also cant judge the whole group of people who dress hip-hop style or talk it because that was the kids all in my highschool and neighborhoods back in the early 90's..yeah im old.....for instance...a guy comes out of jail and went to jail for shooting someone....is he bad?....well who is to say the reasons behind his story?....so i wouldnt jusge a man because of a crime he did or clothes he wears...for all u know that man could have been protecting his mother but since he was in the wrong neighborhood and had the wrong skin he is looked at as a felon instead of someone who cared for his mom

Old 02-24-2010, 04:54 PM

147 posts, read 334,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
yeah 2 hours is something us poor people call not wasting gas by driving around for the 2 hours....i am not driving all the way back to where i live to wait at home just to be comfortable...so i figured why not stop by the mall and continue my job hunt since the guy who was interviewing me was running late a couple hours than expected...and just because rich people are rude in the mall doesn't make me the bad guy...lol..you are ridiculous sir....by tha way...other than that rudeness that the women of Franklin and Brentwood displayed...i came up on 20 bucks doing a survey at the mall as i looked for work...and the women in the food court (spanish and asians) were way nicer than these local homegrowns....lol
I don't understand what you're trying to accomplish here? So you walked around the mall for a bit, and because people shopping there didn't want to hold a conversation with you, you are able to deem everyone who lives there as rude and racist? Am I following here?

Old 02-24-2010, 05:17 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,497,441 times
Thread closed for Moderator review.

ETA: There is so much wrong with this thread that it is closed. You all won't be able to see the racist, inappropriate posts that have been deleted. Nothing good will come of this thread continuing.

Last edited by Beretta; 02-24-2010 at 07:21 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville