Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 04:46 PM

64 posts, read 246,193 times

Advertisements

In general you would have to ask yourself if it is exciting that a “TGI Friday’s” has opened up down the street, would you really call that progress? If so then more power to you, move right in. Unfortunately with the way they are throwing up new homes in the area, home values have not kept up with many of the more urban areas of Davidson County, Williamson County, etc. I agree with much of what Abby25 said as well. There are a number of great neighborhoods in Nashville that you can be part of and engulf yourself with. We live and work in East Nashville and work very hard to support local businesses and establishments while getting g a local experience. Regardless, there are valid reasons to live in places like Antioch but there are much better choices out there, better investments in your future, better experiences, better life

Old 01-13-2009, 06:12 PM

1 posts, read 4,752 times
I live in Antioch (very close to Priest Lake) near Long Hunter State Park. I have lived in Antioch since 1984. I have noticed a steady decline in the Antioch area, but thwe housing crisis seems to be cleaning up a lot of the riff raff in our neighborhood (average home price of abour $225k). The fact that the mall is closing should be an indicator of the general state of Antioch.

Old 01-14-2009, 09:03 AM

4,678 posts, read 9,898,601 times
Is the mall closing completely ? I thought I heard Metro recently put a police annex in there ?

Old 01-14-2009, 11:23 AM

149 posts, read 478,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNRyan23 View Post
Is the mall closing completely ? I thought I heard Metro recently put a police annex in there ?

They did but that is not going to attract any better people considering the mall has nothing but hip hop clothing stores and is a cesspool. My cousin told me that Hickory Hollow was not a mall, it was a gang hangout lol. That was before I moved back to TN, and my only memory was when it was the biggest mall of the state.

Old 01-14-2009, 04:56 PM

149 posts, read 478,546 times
Default What is Lower Antioch

What area constitutes Lower Antioch? Is it the park by Nolensville Pike?

Old 06-14-2009, 12:26 PM

25 posts, read 78,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwe123safi View Post
They did but that is not going to attract any better people considering the mall has nothing but hip hop clothing stores and is a cesspool. My cousin told me that Hickory Hollow was not a mall, it was a gang hangout lol. That was before I moved back to TN, and my only memory was when it was the biggest mall of the state.
Judging from their website, it appears to have the same lame stores as every other mall. It sounds a lot like one of our local 'ghetto' malls here in Phoenix called Metrocenter. Then again, Phoenix has quite a few questionable malls.

Old 06-18-2009, 05:23 PM

909 posts, read 1,063,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseWhisperer View Post
In general you would have to ask yourself if it is exciting that a “TGI Friday’s” has opened up down the street, would you really call that progress? If so then more power to you, move right in. Unfortunately with the way they are throwing up new homes in the area, home values have not kept up with many of the more urban areas of Davidson County, Williamson County, etc. I agree with much of what Abby25 said as well. There are a number of great neighborhoods in Nashville that you can be part of and engulf yourself with. We live and work in East Nashville and work very hard to support local businesses and establishments while getting g a local experience. Regardless, there are valid reasons to live in places like Antioch but there are much better choices out there, better investments in your future, better experiences, better life
That TGI Fridays has been in Hickory Hollow for so long, it was there before Antioch even became a dangerous area. I really don't know why anybody would think it just opened?

Old 06-22-2009, 05:55 AM

10 posts, read 19,393 times
Antioch is not as bad as many think. Antioch contains many social classes, from lower to upper-middle class people. For the fact that Nashville is attempting to rejuvenate its inner city, lower income people are forced to move to where they can afford. And as of late Antioch and LaVergne are becoming more affordable for lower income families. Antioch has most of its crime in apartment complexes. If you live in a normal neighborhood, you're fine in Antioch.

Old 06-22-2009, 07:50 AM

957 posts, read 3,700,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm2003 View Post
Antioch has most of its crime in apartment complexes. If you live in a normal neighborhood, you're fine in Antioch.
That applies to rentals in general in just about any town or city. Stay away from the areas with concentrations of apartments and rental homes. Those are lower income area and that means a higher crime rate. Antioch is no different than any other town. There are good parts and bad parts.

Old 07-01-2009, 12:27 PM

4 posts, read 15,349 times
I really can't believe the people who said that Antioch is not the worst area. You obviously don't spend a lot of time there. When I first moved there it was actually very nice homes for affordable prices. I now understand why the houses are so cheap, and that is due to the crimes and the ghetto atmosphere that seems to accompany every nice growing neighborhood. I have lived in the Cane Ridge Farms subdivision for 4 years and for the past year I have had 7 acts of vandalism done to my property. I was told by Metro Police that unless there is bodily harm done, no action could be taken, which is the most sad and ridiculous thing I have ever heard. I have talked with others in the neighborhood and they have had the same type of vandalism as I. I've had fireworks put in my mailbox, fireworks shot at my home, and eggs thrown at my house and car. Unfortunately it is not a seller's market and I will have to live with this for the time being. I have witnessed that it is young black males who are doing all the vandalism, as if that would surprising to anyone at all. Anyway, I would look more toward the Smyrna area, at least until that fills up with the same type of ghetto people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville