Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 12:52 PM

5 posts, read 33,268 times

Advertisements

I agree with you soulsurv, East Greenwich is a great township and that little restaurant in Mullica Hill is now called The Blue Plate. I haven't been there since new owners took over. I believe it used to be called the Knife, Fork and Spoon (?). I know they used to have the best homemade CHICKEN POT PIE around on Sunday. Maybe they still do I'll have to check it out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2006, 11:10 AM

37 posts, read 185,849 times
Any towns in Somerset county.
North of rt. 22 upper middle to wealthy, Bridgewater, Warren,Green Brook, Bernards,Branchburg, Basking Ridge, Bernardsville
South of rt. 22 middle and lower, Bound Brook, S Bound Brook, Franklin Twp., Manville

Last edited by Roger Davis; 10-31-2006 at 12:29 PM..

Old 10-31-2006, 05:44 PM

1 posts, read 5,584 times
I spent my teen years in Colonia NJ --it is a great town. My husband and I have since moved to Bayville, NJ, a waterfront community. This is like a little piece of heaven on earth. Our children live in Forked River which is the next town over. That is also a very nice area. We have family and friends in all parts of the state. We have worked in many different cities. We have our problem cities, but I don't think that anybody can dispute that NJ has not only many wonderful, safe and fun places to live. In addition, we have diversity that is undeniable, from the Seaside boardwalks, to the Cape May victorians, to the Senior citizen villages, to our university cities, to the Mansions in Morris and Somerset County. In all, in case you didn't guess, I think NJ is a pretty nice place to live. (but the taxes are killing us)

Old 11-01-2006, 04:43 AM

33 posts, read 178,013 times
How can anybody not say Rockaway. I live off Green Pond Rd. I have discovered over 5 lakes in the woods including the open to the public Split Rock Res. It has trails great fall folliage and the best shopping area in Morris County.

Old 11-14-2006, 12:37 PM
77t

16 posts, read 86,831 times
westfield/matasqwan/oldbridge

Old 11-14-2006, 01:56 PM

80 posts, read 498,166 times
Can anyone explain how the path trains run. We are looking for a commute time of under 45 minutes to NYC.

Old 11-14-2006, 07:44 PM
ira

657 posts, read 3,931,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn11 View Post
Can anyone explain how the path trains run. We are looking for a commute time of under 45 minutes to NYC.
What do you mean how it runs?

Old 11-15-2006, 10:12 AM

3,377 posts, read 14,629,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn11 View Post
Go to www.panynj.gov/path you will get all the info you need on the PATH system.

Old 11-17-2006, 07:56 AM

467 posts, read 1,489,368 times
Default Carolyn 11

The Path Trains run from Newark to Jersey City and then on to Manhattan
if you are going uptown then that's the path train you want...it stops at
Christopher St., 9th Street, 14th Street, 23rd street and 33rd street, where
you can hop on the N.Y. City subway system or walk...The other train you
would take in J.C. goes to Grove Street, Exchange Place and the World Trade
Center Stop (don't know what they are calling it these days since 9/11)
Its a fast commute. Oh the train from Newark also stops in Harrison before
coming into J.C. I used to commute from wall Street on the Path to Newark
then switch over to the Jersey Central and head on down to the Jersey Shore
when I was young and single and rented a house down there for the summer.
ah those were the days.....

Old 11-17-2006, 07:46 PM

1 posts, read 5,680 times
cresskill's ranking went down because of the traffic caused by all the cablevision users going to the local cablevision office to return defective boxes. hehe hehehe Oh but wait! They had to find the non-descript building first. Funny thing is once you plug the address in "5 legion drive" it takes you to the other side of the complex which is a b***h to find. Once you find it, you drive erratically out of there because you're sick of that place. Then you begin to associate Cresskill with Cablevision and that's not a good thing at all for a best place to live ranking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey