Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2014, 08:12 AM

12,546 posts, read 21,406,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdstyles View Post
Changing the topic from something as silly as "bridgegate" is not a tough thing to do. I say that with no disrespect to the people on here that have strong feelings about it.
I agree with you. I believe i said it would run it's course pretty quickly. It has. The investigation will happen, and if anything is found, it will start back up again. This is how everything is covered, despite claims by some that things didn't get coverage. It'll basically vanish from discussion until something worth of a front page comes out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2014, 08:13 AM

19,128 posts, read 25,336,687 times
Default The leopard doesn't change its spots, apparently...

I came across some interesting information regarding Christie's political tactics when he was involved with the Student Congress at The University of Delaware. The similarities to his campaigning/governing style in NJ are...amazingly similar.

What Christie Did To Get A Reputation As A Political Bully Even In College

Old 01-16-2014, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Who was it the other day that knocked CC not taking the lowest bid...Pallone?

Pallone's comment was clearly misleading. Since when is the lowest bid the only criteria for selection of a contractor.

Dems are showing their ignorance or their unmitigated confidence in the stupidity of the electorate.
I think both parties have done well at showing their unmitigated confidence in the stupidity of the electorate...and that confidence is often proved correct.

Old 01-16-2014, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
I came across some interesting information regarding Christie's political tactics when he was involved with the Student Congress at The University of Delaware. The similarities to his campaigning/governing style in NJ are...amazingly similar.

Oy....college 'politics'? Really? I enjoy some things TPM covers from time to time, but man...file this into useless.

Old 01-16-2014, 04:01 PM

3,984 posts, read 7,077,463 times
Quote:

Raising taxes even back then? Send this to Dead-Squirrel-on-the-head Rand Paul!

As president, The Review praised Christie for his efforts to expand the commencement ceremonies and establish a student activity fee. However, the paper also contained hints of the rougher side of his leadership.

Old 01-17-2014, 05:17 PM

23,561 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradykp View Post
I think both parties have done well at showing their unmitigated confidence in the stupidity of the electorate...and that confidence is often proved correct.
So true but the Dems have center stage today.

Old 01-17-2014, 07:30 PM

11,346 posts, read 16,708,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
Was 450 now he's 350. Slow progress at least. His kids are big too. Genes can be strong.
You never want to lose the weight very quickly.

Old 01-17-2014, 11:37 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,487,074 times
Quote:

What happened to the complainer?

Richard L. Abbott? '86

Could THIS be him?

Quote:
Richard L. Abbott
Commercial, Mediation
222 Delaware Avenue, Suite 900, P.O. Box 25130

Wilmington, Delaware 19899

About Mediation AttorneySummaryOffice InformationArticles
Admitted
1989, Delaware; 1990, U.S. District Court, District of Delaware
Law School
The Dickinson School of Law, J.D., 1989
Law School Graduation Year
College
University of Delaware, B.A., 1986
Memberships
Delaware State Bar Association.
Biographical
Deputy Attorney General, Delaware Department of Justice, 1989-1991. Special Counsel, Delaware Department of Transportation, 1991-1999. New Castle County Councilman, 3rd District, 1998-2002.
No jealousy at all.

Richard Abbott Mediation Attorney | Commercial Mediation Attorney in Delaware | Mediation.com

Quote:
Disciplinary Proceeding Upon Final Report of the Board on Professional Responsibility of the Supreme Court. PUBLIC REPRIMAND IMPOSED.
Richard L. Abbott, Esquire, Abbott Law Firm, Hockessin, Delaware.
Delaware Grapevine

Old 01-17-2014, 11:41 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,487,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
Was 450 now he's 350. Slow progress at least. His kids are big too. Genes can be strong.
Why do you care?

Old 01-18-2014, 06:48 PM

2,734 posts, read 4,151,448 times
Default Hoboken Mayor Says Christie Withheld Sandy Relief

Hoboken Mayor Claims Christie Withheld Sandy Relief Unless She Approved A Real Estate Development - New York Times

Hoboken, N.J., mayor claims Chris Christie camp held Sandy money hostage - NBC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey