Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2021, 10:42 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,735,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Starting?
yeah, we are still in the early stages even though we have reached a certain critical mass for marijuana legalization. most people dont even realize the bigger picture, they think marijuana is being legalized since it has been individually deemed ok. what they dont realize its not about marijuana being deemed ok, its about deeming the government doesnt have the right to criminalize us consuming anything (crack, heroine, LSD, whatever). that is still to come.

Old 02-28-2021, 10:57 AM

7,643 posts, read 6,487,236 times
i bought ganja stocks.

I'm going to profit off the stoners a like a mexican drug cartel except legally.

Old 02-28-2021, 01:06 PM

88,647 posts, read 84,928,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
70% of the taxes will go to communities of color, not 100%, which is fair since these communities were by far disproportionately affected by the war on drugs. It’s not true at all that only communities of color will be able to open shops, but again they should get a leg up because they are the people who bore the brunt of arrests. In most legal states these communities have been largely left out of the profits from marijuana. White people are not going to be excluded though and I’d like to see your source for that.

Police may contact parents on a second offense, not the first. Murphy actually wanted fined and civil penalties but the legislature did not, and that disagreement held the bill up for months. Most posters here blamed Murphy for the delay, and one called the issue a “silly obstacle”. People wanted a bill and were getting mad at the delays. I am glad they can’t search based on smelling pot, all that was just as excuse to harass minors in minority communities.

What exactly were we duped about?
I for one don't give a rat's ass if most of the money does go to communities of color. So what? Wouldn't you rather be one of the states who gets out from under the embarrassment of having these ghettoes in our cities?

Because I worked for decades with the MWBE community, I can tell you that there are already a significant number of black and brown people living in NJ who are middle-class and upper-MC professionals. Naturally, I know of more engineering and architectural types, but also business owners, financial types, etc. They don't make the news, of course, because people who pay their taxes and mortgages and save for their kids to go to college and contribute to their communities aren't followed around by cameras no matter what they look like. It's wonderfully boring.

So let's have more of that with NJ people of color, and if pot taxes help get us there, smoke up.

Old 02-28-2021, 03:37 PM

30 posts, read 22,643 times
Will the people buy taxed legal weed untaxed weed from their current source sincenits cheaper and easier to get.

How will then the police stop illegal weed from coming in if the smell of weed is not enough to stop and search a car filled with it.

At first the legal weed makes money since its new...once the cost becomes a factor they will buy illegal weed. The police will have no way of knowing how you bought it.

Old 02-28-2021, 04:09 PM

50,902 posts, read 36,586,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankrizzo0099 View Post
Will the people buy taxed legal weed untaxed weed from their current source sincenits cheaper and easier to get.

How will then the police stop illegal weed from coming in if the smell of weed is not enough to stop and search a car filled with it.

At first the legal weed makes money since its new...once the cost becomes a factor they will buy illegal weed. The police will have no way of knowing how you bought it.
I will definitely buy legal because: A. I can pick the strain I want, i.e. a strain that will make me feel energetic for times I want to be awake, and another strain that will make me sleepy if I can't fall asleep. When it's illegal you take whatever it is, there are no choices nor is it cultivated for different effects. And B., I want to be able to buy oil cartridges and edibles so I can consume in other forms besides smoking. I think a lot of people are like me in that way. All you have to do is look at already legal states to see these facilities are in demand even years after legalization. It will also bring in people from other states where it isn't legal, people vacationing down the shore or in NYC from a state where it's not will go and buy edibles and other goodies, too. I can only hope we will have some of the business ventures they have in Oregon and Colorado, where you can go to restaurant infusion nights and have an infused 7-course meal, and things like that.

Kids, potheads who never get off the couch, will continue to buy illegally.

I don't think most people who smuggle weed drive cars that reek of pot. There are many smell-proof containers and bags for weed on the market. Let the police go fight real crimes.

Old 02-28-2021, 04:54 PM

Quote:

Do you buy illegal vodka, scotch, etc?

As much as I'd support a black market not supplying tax revenue to the government, it won't work that way

Old 02-28-2021, 06:55 PM

4,033 posts, read 3,651,496 times
Quote:

If stopping/arresting is now illegal based on just smell then cops will continue to do it but just lie about the actual reason they stop/arrest you. Like they’ve always done.

Old 02-28-2021, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post
If stopping/arresting is now illegal based on just smell then cops will continue to do it but just lie about the actual reason they stop/arrest you. Like they’ve always done.
The police accountability community needs to jump on this and get some criminal cases against cops.

Old 02-28-2021, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
Do you buy illegal vodka, scotch, etc?

As much as I'd support a black market not supplying tax revenue to the government, it won't work that way

Scotch and whiskey are made by companies who have certified distributors that carry their brands.

If you ever bought liquor in the carribean then you'd know how much of the cost is tax.. You can buy the same brands for much less. And if i could buy it without payjng the tax then yes i would....is Captain Liberty all for government regulations and paying high taxes...

Old 02-28-2021, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
The police accountability community needs to jump on this and get some criminal cases against cops.
Im certain the body cameras will show thousands of cops doing illegal things. They have been in use for more than 5 years in NJ...there must have been thousands of illegal things done by cops on them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey