Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2021, 04:02 AM

19,039 posts, read 13,951,921 times

Advertisements

So basically if you purchase legal weed, you're paying reparations.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 02-27-2021, 08:10 AM

4,027 posts, read 3,634,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankrizzo0099 View Post
Weed is legal as of last Monday at 1100. Police are forbidden from approaching anyone under 21 possesing Marijuana and alcohol. They are forbidden by law to notify the parents of anyone under 18 using or possesing Marijuana or alcohol.

The smell of marijuana is not enougn to search a car regardless if its a minor driving it.

Tax money will only go to black and brown communities and not the states general fundd for all.

Only people in black or brown communities will get first preference to open up a Marijuana store.

Attached is a link to the NJ attorney generals webpage. You were all duped if you voted for this.

https://www.njoag.gov/marijuana/

What if I’m black or brown?

Old 02-27-2021, 08:20 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,684,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I didn't want my quality of life to go down, and I don't like change!
Haha I don't either but I've accepted the fact that it's not my right to tell others what to do unless they are directly harming others.

Old 02-27-2021, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Weed is legal as of last Monday at 1100. Police are forbidden from approaching anyone under 21 possesing Marijuana and alcohol. They are forbidden by law to notify the parents of anyone under 18 using or possesing Marijuana or alcohol.

The smell of marijuana is not enougn to search a car regardless if its a minor driving it.

Tax money will only go to black and brown communities and not the states general fundd for all.

Only people in black or brown communities will get first preference to open up a Marijuana store.

Attached is a link to the NJ attorney generals webpage. You were all duped if you voted for this.

In what way were we duped?

Old 02-27-2021, 10:13 AM

32,928 posts, read 36,335,488 times
Quote:

"Officers may not arrest, detain, or otherwise take an individual under the age of 21 into custody for a violation of N.J.S.A. 2C:33-15 except to the extent required to issue a written warning or provide notice of a violation to a parent/guardian."

Old 02-27-2021, 11:00 AM

7,643 posts, read 6,475,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post
What if I’m black or brown?

you might get shot if there's no body camera, although I haven't heard NJ cops shooting minorities too much unless its covered up. NJ missed out on the BLM riots luckily

Old 02-27-2021, 04:54 PM

30 posts, read 22,559 times
There is no custodial arrest. Period. Only on the second offense can police notify the parents yet the police are forbidden from approaching them just based on smell and possession

Everyone was told this would bring tax money into the state, now its only to a few select communities yet we all bear this burden. What will Seaside be like this summer or the local fireworks show.

The business opportunities will go only to a few select connected people.

A Canabis Regulation Commission is being set up that will cost the state millions to run and oversee this farce of jobs being created and tax money coming in.

Good luck with your insurance rates going up as car accidents increases and underage use going rampant since the cops can be arrested for approaching a juvenile they walk away and ignore it.

Old 02-27-2021, 08:36 PM

50,748 posts, read 36,447,875 times
Quote:

70% of the taxes will go to communities of color, not 100%, which is fair since these communities were by far disproportionately affected by the war on drugs. It’s not true at all that only communities of color will be able to open shops, but again they should get a leg up because they are the people who bore the brunt of arrests. In most legal states these communities have been largely left out of the profits from marijuana. White people are not going to be excluded though and I’d like to see your source for that.

Police may contact parents on a second offense, not the first. Murphy actually wanted fined and civil penalties but the legislature did not, and that disagreement held the bill up for months. Most posters here blamed Murphy for the delay, and one called the issue a “silly obstacle”. People wanted a bill and were getting mad at the delays. I am glad they can’t search based on smelling pot, all that was just as excuse to harass minors in minority communities.

What exactly were we duped about?

Old 02-27-2021, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Everyone was told this would bring tax money into the state, now its only to a few select communities yet we all bear this burden. What will Seaside be like this summer or the local fireworks show.
I don't care if it brings in any tax money. It's being legalized because people are starting to realize that the government has no right to tell us what we can or can't consume. Period. All other drugs will be coming soon and prescription requirements for medication will also be ended.

Old 02-27-2021, 10:02 PM

32,928 posts, read 36,335,488 times
Starting?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey