Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2020, 12:04 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
That shouldn’t happen. You pay that kind of money to NOT have experiences like that. That is the whole point of the price. It should have been figured out long before flight time. I hope she gets a discount.
i told her to have her boyfriend negotiate a 50% discount for the inconvenience. ive seen that guy almost come to blows negotiating over a few bucks while on vacation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2020, 01:02 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i told her to have her boyfriend negotiate a 50% discount for the inconvenience. ive seen that guy almost come to blows negotiating over a few bucks while on vacation.
Hopefully he is successful. Let me know how it works out.

Old 06-04-2020, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Hopefully he is successful. Let me know how it works out.
so she paid $12k for the trip. less than i thought. looks like they trade extra capacity available from these flexible jet programs.

a handful of the small jets were stuck because of lightning but then as the weather cleared up they said that they also have a mechanical issue. so in the end it looks like about a 3 hour delay.

i spoke to her this morning and she said that she was always anxious and depressed the last 3 months (even mentioned that if her boyfriend wasnt there she may have considered suicide. i think she was just being dramatic there). she sold about 25% of her stocks and moved to a money market (she basically sold everything at the bottom in 2008). she mentioned something about not being sure if we would let her and her boyfriend move in with us. that sounds kind of like crazy talk, there should be no reason that is anywhere near necessary. i think she may get rid of the florida house after this experience. she said that she missed her family more than every during this time. she started crying and thanked me many times for doing everything she asks and always saying yes and not giving her any atittude. that is important because even though i get annoyed sometimes by her requests i always try not to show it and it looks like ive been successful.

so i guess it was worth the extra money for her to fly that way because she was losing it over there. id imagine i will be seeing her this weekend. she will probably wear a mask and keep her distance. not sure if i will have to tell the kids not to hug her or not. it may not be a great idea but hugs from those kids can be the best therapy.

Old 06-06-2020, 09:08 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,213,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
It appears that the second wave may be beginning in both Iran and Mexico.
Can't be a second wave in Mexico because the first wave isn't over there.

Old 06-07-2020, 05:40 AM

7,368 posts, read 3,529,717 times
Hi, I checked the state data dashboard and see a lot of cumulative numbers, but I tried looking for information I think is important and could not find. I am interested in seeing the daily change by date in hospitalizations by county. Another figure I would to see is the daily change in ventilators by county.

The state data dashboard is really fancy but does not show anything really useful. Positive test results are cumulative and do not account for how many have already recovered. Naturally as testing increases, positive cases will rise. Thanks!

Old 07-01-2020, 08:40 AM

6,203 posts, read 3,546,961 times
For the scientists among us, is this good news? I am despondent to say the least at what's happening right now with this effing virus, and an effective vaccine is the only thing that's going to get us out of this mess.

https://endpts.com/pfizer-shares-sur...y-stage-study/

Old 07-01-2020, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
For the scientists among us, is this good news? I am despondent to say the least at what's happening right now with this effing virus, and an effective vaccine is the only thing that's going to get us out of this mess.

https://endpts.com/pfizer-shares-sur...y-stage-study/
im very interested to see how many people voluntarily get vaccinated and what steps government will take to force people to take vaccines.

the "easiest" route for forcing vaccines is making it mandatory for kids to go to school. that should cause some controversy.

Old 07-01-2020, 11:15 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,196,107 times
Quote:
im very interested to see how many people voluntarily get vaccinated and what steps government will take to force people to take vaccines.

the "easiest" route for forcing vaccines is making it mandatory for kids to go to school. that should cause some controversy.

This is my concern here in NJ with Murphy.
He mandated health insurance, so it might not be a stretch to think that he might mandate vaccines IMO.

Old 07-01-2020, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atgss View Post
This is my concern here in NJ with Murphy.
He mandated health insurance, so it might not be a stretch to think that he might mandate vaccines IMO.
the government currently mandates vaccines for children entering schools and for adults in certain jobs. i wonder what would be the mechanism for a covid19 vaccine mandate. maybe do it through employers, mandate the vaccine for any job where someone works in an office/location. i guess that would be a method they could use. they already prepared us for it with these mandated closures of businesses and mandates for being able to conduct business.

Old 07-01-2020, 11:36 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,196,107 times
Quote:
the government currently mandates vaccines for children entering schools and for adults in certain jobs. i wonder what would be the mechanism for a covid19 vaccine mandate. maybe do it through employers, mandate the vaccine for any job where someone works in an office/location. i guess that would be a method they could use. they already prepared us for it with these mandated closures of businesses and mandates for being able to conduct business.

For an adult who needs to be employed working in an office that doesn't want the vaccine will pose a "dilemma" IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey