Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2020, 02:28 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
No not Medicaid expansion my income wasn't low enough. You have to guess what your income will be if unemp!oyed and your subsidy amount is based on tgat. It is the same plan I paid for fully for many years now, but the premium is subsidized so they pay about half and I pay about half.

If I make more than I estimated I will owe money back at tax time, if I make less I'll get a tax credit.

I do have family members on the Medicaid expansion though. Both disabled and before ACA were not able to afford insurance. I worked with many patients in nursing home rehab who were only able to be there getting rehab due to Medicaid expansion. Mostly in lower income areas in Cape May, Atlantic and Salem counties. There are a lot of poor in rural areas of South Jersey.

It may not be perfect but is certainly better than before and has helped a lot of people.
its an interesting way to measure success because you could just keep expanding medicaid until it covers everyone and call it a huge success because of all the people covered. im not exactly sure what success is but id like to see the costs go down and more people be able to afford health insurance because it actually costs less. government is the primary reason why health care costs are so high.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2020, 09:38 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,216,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
its an interesting way to measure success because you could just keep expanding medicaid until it covers everyone and call it a huge success because of all the people covered.
Works great until all the health care providers shut down because you can't make money treating medicaid patients.

Old 05-24-2020, 12:20 PM

19,128 posts, read 25,336,687 times
Default Let's hope...

... that we don't have any of these latter-day Typhoid Mary imitators in this area.
First, a Missouri hairdresser--who was experiencing COVID-19 symptoms--went to work on multiple days, infecting ~80 clients and 7 co-workers. She also went to her gym during the period when she was symptomatic, and so far the state authorities don't know how many people she may have infected at the gym.

Subsequently, a second hairdresser at the same salon--who was also symptomatic--infected over 50 of her clients.

https://www.kansascity.com/news/coro...242962271.html

Old 05-24-2020, 08:09 PM

5,070 posts, read 2,278,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
... that we don't have any of these latter-day Typhoid Mary imitators in this area.
First, a Missouri hairdresser--who was experiencing COVID-19 symptoms--went to work on multiple days, infecting ~80 clients and 7 co-workers. She also went to her gym during the period when she was symptomatic, and so far the state authorities don't know how many people she may have infected at the gym.

Subsequently, a second hairdresser at the same salon--who was also symptomatic--infected over 50 of her clients.

https://www.kansascity.com/news/coro...242962271.html
Don’t you think that part of the responsibility lies with those who chose to go to the hairdresser and the gym? At this point, we all know the virus hasn’t disappeared. Anyone can choose to stay in lockdown. You can get groceries and food delivered, and haircuts are completely unnecessary, as is the gym.

Old 05-25-2020, 05:20 AM

19,128 posts, read 25,336,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
Don’t you think that part of the responsibility lies with those who chose to go to the hairdresser and the gym? At this point, we all know the virus hasn’t disappeared. Anyone can choose to stay in lockdown. You can get groceries and food delivered, and haircuts are completely unnecessary, as is the gym.

Of course, part of the responsibility lies with the customers of that salon.
But, I think it is absolutely reprehensible for a person who is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 to choose to expose others to it.

Old 05-25-2020, 12:59 PM

5,070 posts, read 2,278,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Of course, part of the responsibility lies with the customers of that salon.
But, I think it is absolutely reprehensible for a person who is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 to choose to expose others to it.
What if her symptoms at the time were mild enough that she mistook them for allergies or stress? I still don’t know if I had the virus, and without testing every day, I won’t know if my lingering chest tightness is anxiety or stress. I was coughing today, too. Could be allergies. Could be dust or fiberglass inhalation because we’ve been doing some work on the house.

Are employers going to offer free daily testing for employees? What is the lag time between testing and results? In addition, with the stylist and customers wearing masks, do we even know if the virus infected any of these clients? This is all a bunch of over-blown nonsense, imho. Not the virus itself, but the ‘click-on-me’ headlines and news stories about the reopening. (Replacing, somewhat, the we’re all going to be on ventilators stories from a couple months ago.)

Old 05-25-2020, 06:42 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,628,316 times
Did anyone go to the rally and catch the corona ?

Crowd protests state shutdown at Point Pleasant Beachwww.northjersey.com › news › new-jersey › 2020/05/25
6 hours ago - A crowd of more than 200 people chanted “Open New Jersey Now” at a rally Monday morning at Point Pleasant Beach.

Old 05-25-2020, 08:23 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,710,630 times
I was driving by and saw the township nursing home had a BBQ on the side. There were maybe 7 or more people all without any face masks and no distancing all sitting around. I understand if this was a family BBQ but if this is a nursing home and those are workers. That is how people transmit the virus so easily at these places. I would never put my parent nor relative at these places, it's going to be a death chamber sooner or later.

Old 05-25-2020, 09:20 PM

4,181 posts, read 5,063,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I was driving by and saw the township nursing home had a BBQ on the side.
What township would that be ?

Old 05-26-2020, 07:37 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I was driving by and saw the township nursing home had a BBQ on the side. There were maybe 7 or more people all without any face masks and no distancing all sitting around. I understand if this was a family BBQ but if this is a nursing home and those are workers. That is how people transmit the virus so easily at these places. I would never put my parent nor relative at these places, it's going to be a death chamber sooner or later.
what were they BBQing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey