Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2021, 01:55 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,256,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm2jm3jm4jm5 View Post
What exactly do you want to talk about? I responded to what you said. I said it doesn't matter and is a non issue to most voters. A lot has changed since 1996 hell the whole world has changed since 2020. Would you like to acknowledge anything about the current race or do you want to keep talking 90's politics. Maybe we could discuss Monica Lewinsky and other "relevant" issues while we are at it.
The first amendment is an issue for most voters. This was a first amendment violation and why it was never enacted. Maybe jack has learned more about the constitution in his subsequent years in public office. And if he has he should say so. What someone does a long time ago doesn’t matter unless they are unwilling to explain their actions or apologize. Saying nothing is nothing.
Monica Lewinsky is irrelevant to the governors race imho and therefore would not want to discuss it. Most voters believe it is irrelevant to either candidate running. You may be the only voter that thinks Monica L has a important role in the 2021 nj gov race. As I said everyone has their own priorities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2021, 04:48 PM

3,430 posts, read 1,844,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
The first amendment is an issue for most voters. This was a first amendment violation and why it was never enacted. Maybe jack has learned more about the constitution in his subsequent years in public office. And if he has he should say so. What someone does a long time ago doesn’t matter unless they are unwilling to explain their actions or apologize. Saying nothing is nothing.
Monica Lewinsky is irrelevant to the governors race imho and therefore would not want to discuss it. Most voters believe it is irrelevant to either candidate running. You may be the only voter that thinks Monica L has a important role in the 2021 nj gov race. As I said everyone has their own priorities.
foodyum, do you consider yourself a Democrat?

Old 10-12-2021, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrioticSuperman View Post
foodyum, do you consider yourself a Democrat?
No independent. Registered. I vote for the candidate. But since pro choice is a major issue for me personally I tend to vote Democrat.

Old 10-12-2021, 06:10 PM

318 posts, read 451,144 times
Foodyum I didn't think that Monica L was an issue back in the 90s to being with. I certainly don't think it is an issue today. I'm just saying you are talking about things that happened 25 + years ago. Also, as you have stated numerous times your main issue is being pro-choice. I'm not sure why you are talking about the first amendment and some comments made such a long time ago.

But again if the constitution and bill of rights is an issue that you are at all concerned about; this governor stated on primetime TV the bill of rights was "above his pay grade." Not sure why anyone would want him running the state after that.

Old 10-12-2021, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm2jm3jm4jm5 View Post
Foodyum I didn't think that Monica L was an issue back in the 90s to being with. I certainly don't think it is an issue today. I'm just saying you are talking about things that happened 25 + years ago. Also, as you have stated numerous times your main issue is being pro-choice. I'm not sure why you are talking about the first amendment and some comments made such a long time ago.

But again if the constitution and bill of rights is an issue that you are at all concerned about; this governor stated on primetime TV the bill of rights was "above his pay grade." Not sure why anyone would want him running the state after that.
There are other reasons.
I generally like the way he runs the state but I am probably not as cost sensitive as you are so gas prices, taxes and some other costs are not of paramount concern. I also think a lot of it is a global issue which he has no control over. Im not screaming when gas goes up 50 cents a gallon because I have a fuel efficient car and I think others should too. I’m not happy but it’s not going to change my vote. Any other state I would want to live in would have the same exact cost concerns.
I think most politicians are somewhat corrupt and Murphy strikes me as less corrupt overall. certainly nowhere near many others in both parties.
I don’t mind elitist and think some of our greatest leaders were elitists- Bloomberg, Kennedy, Bush senior. I have nothing against rich people who live rich lives. I do believe he comes from more humble beginnings but even that doesn’t matter to me.
I think he is smart, accomplished and well educated and I like that. I have a thing about people who think they are smarter than they are. That goes along with knowing the constitution or atleast having people around you who do- he was being humble and honest when he made the remark you quoted. Most others should be saying the same thing. very few of his bills are challenged and struck down for being unconstitutional. He does him homework. Constitutional law is not a simple subject for most and is filled with nuance and interpretation. It takes many years of dedicated study to be a constitutional expert. I doubt either candidate is, however Murphy would more likely not endorse a law that would not pass legal muster.
I appreciate the unique diversity of nj and Murphy embraces it.
I don’t want to go back to the demographics of 50 years ago, like so many others pine for the good old days.

On the negative, the Mvc is a disgrace
Mass transit needs major improvement and transportation infrastructure is old.
Too much reverence is given to unions in exchange for votes
Too many give aways to big corps that don’t end up hiring enough residents.

Well that was longer than I thought it would be, and I didn’t do any name calling or bashing or insulting.
I hope you can do the same.

Old 10-12-2021, 08:06 PM

3,430 posts, read 1,844,219 times
Quote:
No independent. Registered. I vote for the candidate. But since pro choice is a major issue for me personally I tend to vote Democrat.
Alright, cool. Thank you so much for answering.

I actually seriously thought about becoming an Independent but got sold, very quickly, on the idea that all that would do is splinter the vote of a "minority".. Pretty sure my parents voted for Ross Perot in 1992 (I was 10.)

Quick Google search tells us Perot got 18.91% of the vote that year.. my 10 year old self may have found nobility in that.

And my father was (probably still is, he is 74) a true Union man... we had a pretty good life, through the 90s. I do believe that may be the golden age of America. I was born in 1982.

So you wouldn't be the first to look at me like about why I now go ra-ra-ra for opposition to the Democrat party. I could explain more why maybe in another post, if we really wanted to talk about it... (short version: "The poles have reversed" or so it would seem. MTV in the 90s.. compare and contrast that to the D position on speech.. and/or expression.. Oh, I could just list so many. Doesn't seem real.)

Old 10-13-2021, 12:20 AM

10,483 posts, read 7,010,515 times
Murphys complete scum. While NJ has financial woes Murphy setup a board to give financial scholarships with millions of NJ taxpayers money to students who want to pursue media careers. The kicker is Murphy sits at the head of the board and decides who receives these scholarships. I can almost guarantee you the people he picks are hand selected by him to fill the roles of the disgenous media we have.

Old 10-13-2021, 01:24 AM

4,182 posts, read 5,064,936 times
In the second debate, Jack Chit was exposed as a candidate with no platform. None.
"I'm not Phil Murphy" isn't enough reason to vote for him, though it definitely will be enough for a certain demographic.

Last edited by JG183; 10-13-2021 at 01:25 AM.. Reason: sp

Old 10-13-2021, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Murphys complete scum. While NJ has financial woes Murphy setup a board to give financial scholarships with millions of NJ taxpayers money to students who want to pursue media careers. The kicker is Murphy sits at the head of the board and decides who receives these scholarships. I can almost guarantee you the people he picks are hand selected by him to fill the roles of the disgenous media we have.
Not quite how you describe it
https://www.freepress.net/our-respon...such-huge-deal

The investment was 500,000 not millions and it does a whole lot more than give out scholarships. The focus is on local news, informing the public and getting the public involved in local issues.
Maybe once it is up and running you won’t get your facts so wrong.

Old 10-13-2021, 02:12 AM

10,483 posts, read 7,010,515 times
Quote:
Not quite how you describe it
https://www.freepress.net/our-respon...such-huge-deal

The investment was 500,000 not millions and it does a whole lot more than give out scholarships. The focus is on local news, informing the public and getting the public involved in local issues.
Maybe once it is up and running you won’t get your facts so wrong.
I am 100% right. Murphy setup $5 Million dollars to be laid out for journalist scholarships. That amount was changed to $2 Million last year and now $500k due to Covid (I was unaware budgets were lowered now because of covid) but will be revamped up if he gets another term.

$5 Million dollars can pay the salaries of abc, cbs, nbc and pbs news stations for a year with enough left over to pay for another year. Why would he be so interested in this topic and lay out so much money? Hes building a generation of leftist journalist to indoctrinate the future generation to keep NJ blue. Absolutely disgusting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey