Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2021, 09:11 AM

19,137 posts, read 25,345,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchFrost View Post
fair but then I need to show papers at every restaurant or store?
It all depends on the individual restaurant or store. Some businesses might require proof of vaccination in order to enter, and some might not. So far, nobody has asked me to produce my vaccination record card, but your experience might be different from mine.

Don't you believe in allowing business owners to make their own decisions?
Do you think that governments should force business owners to change their business policies?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2021, 09:20 AM

116 posts, read 234,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
It all depends on the individual restaurant or store. Some businesses might require proof of vaccination in order to enter, and some might not. So far, nobody has asked me to produce my vaccination record card, but your experience might be different from mine.

Do you think that governments should force business owners to change their business policies?
I think you are missing the original point. Murphy campaign managers are on video talking about bringing back mandates and introducing passports AFTER he gets re-elected. They know if he runs on this now he will get hurt in the polls. -

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...-election.html

In NYC this is already happening and its enforced with fines if businesses don't comply. It is only a matter of time before they implement that here. I believe if a business wants a vax passport that is on them but it should not be mandatory. I do not believe the govt should force businesses for their mandates.

Old 10-26-2021, 10:08 AM

Quote:
I think you are missing the original point. Murphy campaign managers are on video talking about bringing back mandates and introducing passports AFTER he gets re-elected. They know if he runs on this now he will get hurt in the polls. -

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...-election.html
I would trust the statements of Real Clear Politics as far as I could throw an elephant. In other words, not at all. It is hardly a non-partisan news source, I question the veracity of the statements in that article, and I strongly suspect that this is an attempt to boost the candidacy of Jack Chit.

"An October 2019 article in The Daily Beast reported that RealClear Media manages a Facebook page of 'far-right memes and Islamophobic smears.' Anand Ramanujan, Chief Technology Officer for RealClear Media, responded that the company created the website that was affiliated with the Facebook page "as part of an effort to understand the flow of traffic from social media—particularly Facebook—to political websites."[22]

Since 2017, when a large number of its straight news journalists were laid off, RealClearPolitics has had a rightward, pro-Trump turn.[10] In November 2020, The New York Times reported that "Real Clear became one of the most prominent platforms for elevating unverified and reckless stories about the president's political opponents, through a mix of its own content and articles from across conservative media."[10] Three days after every major media outlet declared Joe Biden the winner of the 2020 presidential election, the website reported that Pennsylvania was still undecided. Some allies of Donald Trump falsely claimed that RealClearPolitics had rescinded its call of Pennsylvania for Biden; however, the website had not yet called a winner in the state.[23][24] The website elevated stories that "reinforced the false narrative that the president could still somehow eke out a win."[10]

Real Clear Politics heavily promotes content by The Federalist, a conservative website which draws funding from the same pool of donor money as Real Clear Politics."

Edited to add:
Wendy Martinez is NOT a "senior advisor" to Murphy, nor is she on his campaign staff. By posting that false information, one has to take the veracity of that right-wing site's info into serious question. She is affiliated with a church-based group that differs with Murphy, and is not a "senior advisor" on his staff or a member of his campaign staff.

https://newjerseyglobe.com/section-2...in-government/

Old 10-26-2021, 10:11 AM

1,146 posts, read 862,083 times
Agreed DutchFrost and this should be common sense. In fact even states like Florida are coping much better with COVID now WITHOUT any mandates or restrictions. Just proves this is all about power and control, not about health.

I did also hear about the leaked documents about Murphy planning on more mandates IF he wins the Election. This tyrant CANNOT be trusted! I REALLY hope he is voted out or we will surely be screwed badly!

Old 10-26-2021, 10:12 AM

318 posts, read 451,269 times
This thread is so toxic. Just shows what happens when you try and engage the current democratic party in a discussion.

Just as an aside. Even though I am beyond reasoning with according to some of you. I actually voted for Obama twice and was a registered democrat up until Trump. I love the state of NJ very much. Third generation born and raised in this state. I don't have kids in school here. Thus, the masking of two year old's and such has no direct implication on me. I hope that the state is able to provide the same opportunities to the next generation that it has provided me with. However, the direction it is going in that seems very unlikely. Having to show a vaccine paper to enter a fast food restaurant seems absurd to me. I guess if Murphy wins this state has moved past me and the values that it used to hold. Murphy or no Murphy I will be leaving this state soon enough anyway. My goal was to preserve it for the next generation and the people that are still here who are passionate about it the way I am.

Old 10-26-2021, 10:15 AM

224 posts, read 164,852 times
Quote:
I think Mask Mandates and Vaccine passports are a scary thing and I am vaxxed. I should not have to show papers to go into McDonalds with my daughter. The story coming out that they are going to push this after the election is more proof that this clown needs to be defeated.

Not only am I against all the tyranny but I work for a school district I’m completely fcked and have been looking to get out anyway but if this gopher looking fck wins again I’m gonna have to move sooner then later. I would like to at least resign and be able to take out my pension contributions over last 5 years or so(I think I can get back like 70% or so) but honestly way everyone is acting here and seeing all kids masked up almost all day is heartbreaking, and how about special Ed kids or anyone with asthma or problems like that? I don’t think they make exceptions. The school nurse where I work also made some comments against unvaccinated apparently, piece of ****. So tired of this state might be a blessing if he wins it’s gonna fall apart but let it move out and build up another FREE state like Florida or something, I think I’m gonna do Arizona or LV get away from northern attitudes and snow…..

Old 10-26-2021, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Then don't go to McDonald's, and I say that even though I am a long-term holder of a few hundred shares of their stock.
How does an private business's decision on this issue--or on any issue, for that matter--have anything to do with government policies?

Hey, let all the big businesses do a mandate that’s great, I’ll go support smaller places that don’t ask for my papers or a mask. What year and country am I in? I feel like a Jew in Germany……

Old 10-26-2021, 10:21 AM

Quote:

You really think big businesses aren’t being told what to do? You really think big media isn’t all on the same team……. They all work together for what I’ve seen…. In and Out burger was the exception.

Old 10-26-2021, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm2jm3jm4jm5 View Post
This thread is so toxic. Just shows what happens when you try and engage the current democratic party in a discussion.

Just as an aside. Even though I am beyond reasoning with according to some of you. I actually voted for Obama twice and was a registered democrat up until Trump. I love the state of NJ very much. Third generation born and raised in this state. I don't have kids in school here. Thus, the masking of two year old's and such has no direct implication on me. I hope that the state is able to provide the same opportunities to the next generation that it has provided me with. However, the direction it is going in that seems very unlikely. Having to show a vaccine paper to enter a fast food restaurant seems absurd to me. I guess if Murphy wins this state has moved past me and the values that it used to hold. Murphy or no Murphy I will be leaving this state soon enough anyway. My goal was to preserve it for the next generation and the people that are still here who are passionate about it the way I am.

As a 28 year old who’s been in NJ for most of my life, that state offers nothing but good food pretty much. I don’t get the appeal with how crowded it is and how expensive and taxed we are, I consider NJ to be one of the worser states, being near NY who cares…. Winters are very random and can suck, summers to humid and hot, Jersey shore gets way to crowded and beaches aren’t even good here go to mass or Maine or anywhere on west coast or Florida we suck. Always traffic, very liberal now, highest taxes anywhere, I don’t even see money I make, idk I just don’t get it. I used to do online sites and make friends from all over and every single person has made fun of NJ or said “I’ve never heard someone wants to move to or was excited to move to NJ”

Just my opinion maybe state was great at one point, I guess those who grew up in 80s or earlier can vouch for NJ

Old 10-26-2021, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheMountains93 View Post
You really think big businesses aren’t being told what to do? You really think big media isn’t all on the same team
Yup!
Anything and everything with which one disagrees just HAS to be part of a massive conspiracy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey