Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2021, 11:35 AM

368 posts, read 214,249 times

Advertisements

Of course he did, Murphy is a clown, Ciattarelli trounced him. All Murphy did was criticize Trump who's no longer here and drone on about 'black and brown people' as if they are pets under Democrat care and not working citizens. The question is did enough people watch the debate or care.

Inthemountains93:

I'm 36, born here in 1985. This is the basic story of NJ: A melting pot of immigrants built a thriving and diverse economy that was stronger than just about any state in the US. Government had a little to do with that success, but not very much. Government got way too big and bloated off the cream they skimmed from that thriving economy and is now slowly killing their milking cow (if it's not already dead, depending how you look at it). When I was little and even as a teenager, taxes were way more reasonable. They just grow and grow, well beyond the pace of inflation, mainly to support the pension system. What was average 6-7-8 years ago ($5.5-6.5k in South Jersey) is now rock bottom. What was high then ($8-9k) is now below average. Politics were less liberal when I was young and less of a presence in general, and the liberal policies hadn't yet become parasitic. The alarmist maskholes have brought NJ down to a new low.

The suck factor is high and higher than ever, but I think some of your bashes are a little exaggerated. The weather's not perfect but it's scorching down south much worse than here, and longer winters in New England and Midwest. Yes it's bad compared to CA or Hawaii, but I think the weather's pretty decent overall; personally I'd take the Southern weather but a lot of people like the full season change. Traffic isn't that bad depending where you live.

Moderator cut: Personal attack/name-calling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtZUNxmIIzA

Last edited by pclem; 10-26-2021 at 01:00 PM.. Reason: As noted
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2021, 11:54 AM

2,669 posts, read 1,190,542 times
I am so dissappointed in both. I don't want a Governor who doesn't care about Seniors and I don't want a Governor who sets the bar so low with taking away pensions employees contributed. Put employees working less than 10 in a 401K with new employees. All others break down but why go after those already retired and set the bar so low that just isn't right. It's attacking people who already paid into their pensions who didn't get paid much. Why not move the bar up higher to the overpaid? why make it combined with Social Security when that has nothing to do with pension? Take from them then take from all other forms of income from everyone that is what will come once they chip away from the lower salaried up to the highest.

Old 10-26-2021, 11:56 AM

318 posts, read 451,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheMountains93 View Post
You really think big businesses aren’t being told what to do? You really think big media isn’t all on the same team……. They all work together for what I’ve seen…. In and Out burger was the exception.
Agreed. Think about who benefited from this idiots lockdown. Hmm Walmart, Target, McDonalds. The same ones who make political donations. Follow the money. The lockdown was just another way to demolish any competition to big business. Now that's all that's left.

Old 10-26-2021, 11:58 AM

318 posts, read 451,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Then don't go to McDonald's, and I say that even though I am a long-term holder of a few hundred shares of their stock.
How does an private business's decision on this issue--or on any issue, for that matter--have anything to do with government policies?

I don't. Haven't in many years. Going to be pretty hard when that's all that's left.

Old 10-26-2021, 12:04 PM

10,484 posts, read 7,014,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheMountains93 View Post
As a 28 year old who’s been in NJ for most of my life, that state offers nothing but good food pretty much. I don’t get the appeal with how crowded it is and how expensive and taxed we are, I consider NJ to be one of the worser states, being near NY who cares…. Winters are very random and can suck, summers to humid and hot, Jersey shore gets way to crowded and beaches aren’t even good here go to mass or Maine or anywhere on west coast or Florida we suck. Always traffic, very liberal now, highest taxes anywhere, I don’t even see money I make, idk I just don’t get it. I used to do online sites and make friends from all over and every single person has made fun of NJ or said “I’ve never heard someone wants to move to or was excited to move to NJ”

Just my opinion maybe state was great at one point, I guess those who grew up in 80s or earlier can vouch for NJ
Your opinions are valid. The company I work for had alot of challenges recruiting millenial talent into NJ and had to move Charlotte. NJ is atrocious to bring in any new companies or talent or startups.

Theres a Tiktok video by Gen Z rating all the states to live in and NJ was ranked bottom basically saying that we have the taxes of California without any of the beauty or weather.

I guess its true what Phil Murphy said, "if you dont like the high taxes, leave NJ". Its proven.under Murphy we are the state with most people leaving.

Old 10-26-2021, 12:46 PM

4,031 posts, read 3,644,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Your opinions are valid. The company I work for had alot of challenges recruiting millenial talent into NJ and had to move Charlotte. NJ is atrocious to bring in any new companies or talent or startups.

Theres a Tiktok video by Gen Z rating all the states to live in and NJ was ranked bottom basically saying that we have the taxes of California without any of the beauty or weather.

I guess its true what Phil Murphy said, "if you dont like the high taxes, leave NJ". Its proven.under Murphy we are the state with most people leaving.

Good. There’s too many people here anyway. When are you packing your bags and heading to Charlotte?

Old 10-27-2021, 09:22 AM

19,137 posts, read 25,345,191 times
Default Breaking news...

... from Monmouth University...

Their just-released poll shows that the race has indeed tightened, but Murphy holds an 11 point lead over his opponent, with less than 1 week remaining until election day:

https://www.monmouth.edu/polling-ins...oll_nj_102721/

Old 10-27-2021, 10:00 AM

1,146 posts, read 862,083 times
Quote:
... from Monmouth University...

Their just-released poll shows that the race has indeed tightened, but Murphy holds an 11 point lead over his opponent, with less than 1 week remaining until election day:

https://www.monmouth.edu/polling-ins...oll_nj_102721/

BS liberal based poll. Monmouth Polls have always been inacurrate. Thanks for the laugh.

Old 10-27-2021, 10:05 AM

19,137 posts, read 25,345,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njrebel1978 View Post
BS liberal based poll. Monmouth Polls have always been inacurrate. Thanks for the laugh.
Well, to quote an old saying, He who laughs last, laughs best, so I propose that we return to this thread next Wednesday, to see who is laughing at that point. Are you game?

Old 10-27-2021, 10:26 AM

1,146 posts, read 862,083 times
Quote:
Well, to quote an old saying, He who laughs last, laughs best, so I propose that we return to this thread next Wednesday, to see who is laughing at that point. Are you game?

If Murphy wins, there won't be any reason for anyone to laugh. NJ will be screwed. NJ cannot afford 4 more years of this Dictator. This is a fact!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey