Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 02:04 PM

5,773 posts, read 16,594,813 times

Advertisements

Also I see Google saying to take Amtrak. Amtrak and NJ Transit both run on the same tracks. Amtrak is longer distance less stops but costs more. NJ Transit is cheaper but will make more local stops. Same stations, same tracks. There is an automated ticket machine to buy the NJ Transit train tickets at the airport before you get on the monorail and also before you get to the train station.

Since the Riverline takes you in front of the University you should be fine. Camden does have a reputation and national rating as a high crime city but thousands of people go there every day. Just use common sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2014, 04:11 PM

1,174 posts, read 1,749,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezvigolam View Post
hi, my daughter is studing in rutgers university, camden hostle campass. I want to go for a short visit her. I shall arrive Newark airport. I have no idea how can I reach university campass in camden. As USA is a new land for me, i am really in tension how shall i reach to my daughter's place. I heard many bad things about camden. Can any body help me and give the rout of Air train from Newark airport to Rutgers university campass in Camden? Is it safe for a female to travel to camden alone?
Definitely fly into Philly if possible as its much closer and probably i will be cheaper. Otherwise you should be able to catch an amtrak or nj transit train to camden. You will be fine. catch a cab from the train station to campus and you shouldnt have any issues. Also check the school website it probably has additional info on how to get to campus and places to stay.

Old 02-14-2014, 08:13 PM

2,734 posts, read 4,152,339 times
I'd be more afraid to go to Camden then Newark
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey