Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2008, 12:50 PM

1,983 posts, read 7,518,743 times

Advertisements

And I'm sure they'll have considerably less moxy than Garden State as they are in PA with poor zoning laws and infrastructure. Overcrowd your two lane highways even more, that's the ticket.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2008, 01:12 PM

859 posts, read 3,322,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannybannany View Post
Well, I *think* sub but I *say* hoagie when ordering.

Cherry Hill is very generic. I mean, I love the idea that schools and shopping are great but there isn't one *unique* thing about this place. That is why we drive around to some of these river towns. They're quirky and interesting.
Shanny
Haha. That is similar to me. I grew up in North Jersey, but now live right near ya.

If I am talking about lunch with a co-worker I will say I want a SUB. But if I called and ordered it, I would say HOAGIE, cause why argue what's actually on the menu ya know?

One time in Marlton diner, I had a visitor from North Jersey with me. And I ordered the Pork Roll (I am so a Taylor Ham gal) and my friend gasped asking what they had all done to me lol. So I told her the same thing, I try to stay true to what the menu says just not to confuse the staff.

Something intersting I observed this summer is the diner on Rt. 35 just south of Belmar has PORK ROLL....and the OB Diner in Point Pleasant which is south of that diner has Taylor Ham. I always notice odd stuff like this.

Old 10-05-2008, 02:42 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,475,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMissSunshine View Post
If I am talking about lunch with a co-worker I will say I want a SUB. But if I called and ordered it, I would say HOAGIE, cause why argue what's actually on the menu ya know?.
Yea and besides the locals might find out you're not from here and 'mess up' your order

Quote:
Something intersting I observed this summer is the diner on Rt. 35 just south of Belmar has PORK ROLL....and the OB Diner in Point Pleasant which is south of that diner has Taylor Ham. I always notice odd stuff like this.
Because you're an intelligent observer from north Jersey(thanks for the company)

Hey so is this 'pork roll' you speak of the same as taylor ham or what?
Shute and all this time I been avoiding it thinking it was just another disgusting local fare like scrapple

Old 10-06-2008, 09:35 PM

4,927 posts, read 14,218,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoorestownResident View Post
And I'm sure they'll have considerably less moxy than Garden State as they are in PA with poor zoning laws and infrastructure. Overcrowd your two lane highways even more, that's the ticket.
Poor zoning laws in Pa compared to South Jersey. Are you delusional?

Village at Valley Forge which is being constructed in King of Prussia sits a 1/2 mile south of Valley Forge National Park, one of the most amazing green spaces on the East Coast, and in the center of the wealthiest continuous area in all of Pennsylvania and all of South jersey. Its at the nexus of 76-276-422-and 202. What 2 lane roads are you talking about?

No offense but the towncenter at Garden State Park is in Camden County which is at the bottom third of the Philaldephia metro region,surrounded by horrendously dysfunctional traffic circles and house after house, business after business of tacky vinyl siding ? Of the 9 county Philadelphia metro Camden County is the 7th in per capita income. There is absolutely no comparison between Camden County and Chester + Montgomery Counties(The 2 wealthiest counties in the metro) Forbes ranked Montgomery as the 9th most livable County in the usa, Chester County was 10th. There are 3300 counties in the usa.

Old 10-06-2008, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainrock View Post
Are you delusional?
Pot,meet kettle

Quote:
No offense but the towncenter at Garden State Park is in Camden County which is at the bottom third of the Philaldephia metro region,surrounded by horrendously dysfunctional traffic circles and house after house, business after business of tacky vinyl siding?
No more tacky than street after street in PA of prison-like rowhouses

Quote:
Of the 9 county Philadelphia metro Camden County is the 7th in per capita income. There is absolutely no comparison between Camden County and Chester + Montgomery Counties(The 2 wealthiest counties in the metro) Forbes ranked Montgomery as the 9th most livable County in the usa, Chester County was 10th. There are 3300 counties in the usa.
Yes but the only difference is the NJ people actually worked for their money

Old 10-07-2008, 03:56 AM

1,983 posts, read 7,518,743 times
Quote:
Poor zoning laws in Pa compared to South Jersey. Are you delusional?

Village at Valley Forge which is being constructed in King of Prussia sits a 1/2 mile south of Valley Forge National Park, one of the most amazing green spaces on the East Coast, and in the center of the wealthiest continuous area in all of Pennsylvania and all of South jersey. Its at the nexus of 76-276-422-and 202. What 2 lane roads are you talking about?

No offense but the towncenter at Garden State Park is in Camden County which is at the bottom third of the Philaldephia metro region,surrounded by horrendously dysfunctional traffic circles and house after house, business after business of tacky vinyl siding ? Of the 9 county Philadelphia metro Camden County is the 7th in per capita income. There is absolutely no comparison between Camden County and Chester + Montgomery Counties(The 2 wealthiest counties in the metro) Forbes ranked Montgomery as the 9th most livable County in the usa, Chester County was 10th. There are 3300 counties in the usa.
Stop being a troll Rocker. I already educated you diff NJ vs PA on the PA board. Montgomery and Chester are nice counties for PA. But it's still PA, the land of the all night Sonics, state liquor stores, two lane highways, etc. FYI, there are no traffic circles at GSP, simply lights. Circles were removed 15 years ago. That's because NJ has moxy. Traffic got too much, unsafe, remove the circles. In PA, that would never happen. Have to keep taxes low, cut services, overcrowd roads, etc. No moxy.

Old 10-07-2008, 07:59 AM

4,927 posts, read 14,218,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoorestownResident View Post
Stop being a troll Rocker.
MoorestownRodent I've spanked you so many times on the PA. board for your staggering misinformation that it bordered on tediousness. You are an immensely flawed cell formation of lies, ignorance and misguidance when concerning the suburban Philadelphia counties of Pennsylvania. Stop speaking on it.

Chester County Pa 8th wealthiest county in USA population over 250k.

Montgomery County is the 4th wealthiest county in the USA population over 750k.

Old 10-07-2008, 09:18 AM

641 posts, read 2,370,893 times
Quote:
MoorestownRodent I've spanked you so many times on the PA. board for your staggering misinformation that it bordered on tediousness. You are an immensely flawed cell formation of lies, ignorance and misguidance when concerning the suburban Philadelphia counties of Pennsylvania. Stop speaking on it.

Chester County Pa 8th wealthiest county in USA population over 250k.

Montgomery County is the 4th wealthiest county in the USA population over 750k.
Key word Surburbs. Look at the city of Philadelphia. It's a combat zone. Camden, NJ is just an extension of Killadelphia on the NJ side. In my opinion, Camden should be annexed to Philadelphia, because I see no difference between Filthadelphia and Campden.

Detroit is a filthy war-zone, but it has wealthy suburbs too. Almost every city has a wealthy suburb or two. Philadelphia is one example of ignored urban blight. That's not a good sign when there are very wealthy suburbs outside of Heavily decayed cities. You know why? It's because these rich wealthy corporate fatcats or the city government did nothing to try to reverse this urban blight and took all the local tax revenue and lined their pockets with it. Meanwhile the residents lost all hope for the city and said "what the hell, we might as well let it decay down to a drug ridden, murder zone, we still have this sheltered suburb where nobody will hurt us"

And your defense to the accusation of being a troll is very weak when you claim to "spank" somebody. Wow, very intelligent retort.

Old 10-07-2008, 12:39 PM

329 posts, read 459,968 times
Wow. This was a very interesting and at times highly entertaining thread.

My husband and I just moved here about a year ago and we live in
Southern Jersey in the Atlantic County area near Mays Landing.

Since we're dog owners, we like the fact that we live very close to some very nice parks. We love driving along the beach and beach towns. We see plenty of nice neighborhoods around here. Landscape-wise I think Southern Jersey is absolutely beautiful- from the shore towns to inland, the beaches to the Pinelands. Folks in Southern Jersey are very friendly, and we know how that can be rare in today's fast-paced society.

However, there are many gaps and niches to be filled in the Atlantic County area and many opportunities for small business owners as well as government and the community at large.

Culture-it's great here in the summer, there's plenty to do. But what about in the cold weather? Not much. There's plenty of opportunities for more diverse restaurants out here. A local sushi place that my husband and I liked just closed and I can't say how annoyed I am by that. I do love Italian food and you won't have any trouble finding that here obviously.

Go to Border Books at any time of the day in Mays Landing and you'll find that place PACKED to the max. You can never find a place to sit. Why? There's very few other places around here that people can find to read a book, enjoy a coffee, and talk to their neighbors and locals. I am not referring to bars, there's no shortage of those here.

If someone wants to open a decent coffee shop, PLEASE come to
Mays Landing, there are not many out here and I know that you'll do VERY WELL.

Museums- not a lot here. Academics and culture- we have Stockton College here, but I think they need to offer more programs to the public.

My husband and I would like to stay in this area rather than having to go to Philly for more culture and diverse food options. But we are happy to call Southern Jersey home.

Old 10-07-2008, 01:40 PM

Mays Landing is just another vanilla,chain store having suburb of Atlantic City. You're probably not going to find too much of what you're looking for there. Cape May on the other hand is probably closer to what you're looking for.
Although if you want museums and things you're probably going to have to suck it up and head to Philly...unless you want to wait for them to come to south Jersey...Hey what about the Ripley's Believe It or Not museum in Atlantic City?...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey