Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 08:58 AM

56 posts, read 369,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinusconus View Post
Chairborne Ranger - It apprears that you and I are both researching Deming and Las Cruces. Wish I had more success getting the info I need
Well, we'll pick-up a little at a time----sure it will all work out!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2007, 02:01 PM

7 posts, read 18,408 times
RainforestTV,

I would not give up hope too soon, the city consel just changed that; that you could build on less than an acre and the only stipulation would be that you have "above ground septic" according to a realtor I spoke to over the phone.
So if I were you I would check with the latest building codes with the building dept. with the city of Deming before giving up hope.

Wish you luck,
Chip

Old 02-12-2007, 09:25 AM

11 posts, read 44,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
tomcat: Are the summers ferociously hot? I suppose that at least in humidity is low, which makes a lot of difference. The nights are probably much more bearable than they are here in Ft Worth.
Summers in Deming and the surrounding area are pretty hot. Humidity will be lower than Ft. Worth, but will be higher during the monsoon season (if we get lots of rain). Average temperatures in the area for summer are anywhere from 90-105 degrees, and in the 70's at night. Dry heat takes a little getting used to, it's kind of like a blast furnace at first, but Southern New Mexico in general is beautiful and full of nice people!

Old 02-16-2007, 10:46 AM

81 posts, read 347,925 times
Still sounds better than winters and summers in Massachusetts!!!

Old 02-17-2007, 12:19 AM

21 posts, read 106,083 times
Default Population of Deming?

Hi Smitty,

Enjoyed your pictures and history on Deming. Can you tell me how many people aprox. live in Deming?

Thanks,
Petra

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty5000 View Post
Check out my website: http://www.swnm.com/smitty/deming.htm (broken link)

We retired here in Deming from southern California 10 years ago and we really enjoy living here. Property is inexpensive, taxes are low, people are friendly, weather is good, air is clean, water is pure. Come visit!

Old 02-17-2007, 01:02 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,189,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamesa View Post
Summers in Deming and the surrounding area are pretty hot. Humidity will be lower than Ft. Worth, but will be higher during the monsoon season (if we get lots of rain). Average temperatures in the area for summer are anywhere from 90-105 degrees, and in the 70's at night. Dry heat takes a little getting used to, it's kind of like a blast furnace at first, but Southern New Mexico in general is beautiful and full of nice people!
Thanks for the info, lamesa. I much prefer dry heat to humid heat. For one thing, it cools off at night more. Where I am now (Ft Worth, TX), the low temps in summer are sometimes in the low 80s (ugh). As long as it cools off at night, I don't mind a hot day. I've spent a lot of time in Ruidoso and love it up there, but it's a different climate.

Old 02-17-2007, 03:00 PM

9 posts, read 41,906 times
Hey People,
This Mainer has had enough of these North Woods winters. I am thinking on
relocating to Silver City outskirts. What kind of prices per acre between Cliff
and Silver City?

Old 06-16-2007, 04:28 PM

24 posts, read 138,999 times
Hi IronMan, I live in northern maine and I'm going to Deming this winter.I purchased some land in sunshine valley and intend on building a winter place there.I'm not one to take kindly to government officials telling me what i can do on my own land so I hope they don't come nosing around my property unless its a friendly visit or they'll be leaving with an assload of buck-shot.

Old 07-28-2007, 03:02 PM

9 posts, read 51,443 times
Default To RainforestTV

They changed that part of the ordinance and one can now build on one acre with an upgraded septic with no time limit. 1/2 acres can be built on thru January 2008.

Old 08-07-2007, 06:12 PM

4 posts, read 12,531 times
How is the hospital in deming to work at? I'm an Operating Room RN and I'm thinking about moving to Deming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico