Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2009, 11:37 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,346,945 times

Advertisements

Glad you enjoyed your stay in NM.

If it were only that easy for me to swelter in the sun and drop the pounds, I would probably do it. No I wouldn't either because of my skin fairness, I would just burn and come down with skin cancer.

Did you get to meet up with Mutz?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2009, 09:40 PM

1,063 posts, read 3,024,994 times
Dracul, glad you had a great time in NM. To bad you didn't venture to Timberon, you would have had a great welcome form many of us.

Old 07-15-2009, 09:49 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,252,802 times
Song,

I hope Brandi is doing fine. Say hi to Charlie for me.

Tomorrow I'm having another nerve block at 2:15 P.M. and will probably be a little bit too looped to post anything afterwards. They don't really give you much for pain as I have to be able to feel if they are getting too close to my spine. I think they sedate me a little so I won't be able to get off the table and slap them silly. I hate those long needles (10-12 inches). I wish they would hide those needles from me before I enter the room. They block the nerves to my right foot at the L2-3 level. It takes about 20-30 minutes. If it doesn't work they will do a radio frequency ablation soon (burning of the nerves). Last time they did it I had much less pain for almost 5 years.

Old 07-15-2009, 10:02 PM

1,063 posts, read 3,024,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTH View Post
Song,

Tomorrow I'm having another nerve block at 2:15 P.M. and will probably be a little bit too looped to post anything afterwards. They don't really give you much for pain as I have to be able to feel if they are getting too close to my spine. I think they sedate me a little so I won't be able to get off the table and slap them silly. I hate those long needles (10-12 inches). I wish they would hide those needles from me before I enter the room. They block the nerves to my right foot at the L2-3 level. It takes about 20-30 minutes. If it doesn't work they will do a radio frequency ablation soon (burning of the nerves). Last time they did it I had much less pain for almost 5 years.
Will be praying for good results for you.

Old 07-15-2009, 10:21 PM

Thanks Chilegal. I appreciate it. I will be fine. I just don't like having it done, but in the long run it usually works out for the best.

Old 07-16-2009, 09:51 AM

143 posts, read 364,943 times
Default Yikes 12" needles!

Quote:
Thanks Chilegal. I appreciate it. I will be fine. I just don't like having it done, but in the long run it usually works out for the best.

Hope that all goes really well today & that you feel much better!

Did you get anything last night - besides wind - heat lightning & the 'smell of rain"? Maybe tonight.........

Take care!

Old 07-16-2009, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear's Mom View Post
Did you get anything last night - besides wind - heat lightning & the 'smell of rain"? Maybe tonight.........

Take care!
We got just a trace of rain this morning. Last night just a lot of wind. Pine needles everywhere. I have two huge pine trees in my front yard and during the summer they lose a lot of needles.

Old 07-16-2009, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Song,

Thoughts and prayers from us to you JDTH. Needles are scary. I don't like them either. Nerves take a long time to heal if ever so that should do the trick.

Old 07-16-2009, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilegal View Post
Dracul, glad you had a great time in NM. To bad you didn't venture to Timberon, you would have had a great welcome form many of us.
Yep, I wish more of you all could come to Timberon. Like Chilegal says, there will be a big welcome from us here.

Old 07-16-2009, 11:20 AM

I forgot to add. Brandi is fine and thanks for asking about her.
All dogs here are sleeping now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico