Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2014, 07:55 PM

24 posts, read 53,338 times

Advertisements

I received mine as well. It does say that they anticipate the building opening in September 2014. But thats it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2014, 10:11 PM

36 posts, read 85,765 times
I also got that letter the other day (they sent it to my former address, despite having updated my address with my case worker, so I'll be contacting her tomorrow just to let her know). So my parents scanned and sent it to me (mail from my old address is being forwarded to them, since I knew I would be at a few different addresses this summer, both in the city and out of town working).

I really hope September holds true. That would be ideal for my situation. Make a trip in on a day off here in NH to sign a lease, go back to Ohio at the end of this contract to get stuff that's been in my parents' basement since I finished grad school and moved to NY so many years ago, and then move in and start rehearsals a week or so later for my next job. Come on, Related, let's make this scenario/time-line work!

Old 07-22-2014, 07:38 PM

16 posts, read 37,313 times
I found where on BIS web they provide the status of certificate of occupancy.
http://a810-bisweb.nyc.gov/bisweb/CO...O+&requestid=0

I also looks like there is not yet a next scheduled inspection. It seems like its all final sign offs that need to be completed. None of them have been ticked off since the June 25 temporary COO, maybe these things happen all at once.
Anyway, its something else to check every now and then. When the page changes, maybe we'll start to see some movement in our applications.

Old 07-23-2014, 11:03 AM

93 posts, read 248,684 times
Yup, I got the Related Update Letter dated 7/16/14. The sentence that states " due to construction events and other circumstances.....", tells me it's definitely Not a Related mis-mangement thing going on, but morso the construction company, and/or maybe The City not being able to do their Final Inspections yet, because so many inspections to do in this town? Lot of new buildings up/going up, especially in the Hudson Yards area! Wowsa! Or "YIKS"!! (yeah, I know it's spelled Yikes. Just playin' here w/ the word coined by Young Joe.)
See, remember I posted in a previous post we should just give one of the construction workers a six-pack of beer in exchange for some 411! --what the hold up is? I would go buy some right now, but afraid I might just drink it all and get into a drunken stupor over this delayed miracle.

Old 07-24-2014, 06:18 AM

Hey, I worked on a film and we hit "Golden Time" twice! Weeeeeee! That's the Security Deposit right there I will now have for 529 Building! Hope everyone else has gotten some good gigs while we wait to get into our new apts.

Old 07-24-2014, 06:21 AM

102 posts, read 142,544 times
any updates? pictures of the apartments?

Old 07-24-2014, 03:13 PM

I just got an email from my case worker asking if I would be back in the city anytime during August before my contract up here in NH is up. I'm taking that as a good sign that things might indeed be moving along for move ins sometime in September.

Old 07-24-2014, 07:45 PM

Yes, Babens, that does sound like possible Lease Signing in August. Or, do you think the caseworker wants updated paperwork from you? I updated my paperwork in June, so I'm not "due" for another 90 update. If/Was the last time you gave copies of bank statements, payroll stubs, etc, in May ? Then your "due" in August to update again. Did the email give any clue at all to whether it was for Lease Signing or paperwork?

Old 07-24-2014, 10:16 PM

The follow up email told me it was for updated paperwork. She had the list of everything she would need. Still hopefully a good sign.

Old 07-26-2014, 09:00 PM

Okay I just went on that 529 Building iformational Link above that iKnowYouKnowWhoIam (no I don't know who you are!) has in their Post. Ummm, yeah. One main violation, from 12/14/2010 (was building really started in 2010 ???), still has a Penalty Due of $10,000 ! Click on Bin #1089360, then ECB # 34881282L.
The City ain't gonna pass on this amount folks. We can't move in the building until that is paid. Should we pass around a hat for donations? I could prolly give $5.00. Maybe $10, if it would help speed things up. :/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery