Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2017, 04:19 PM

416 posts, read 247,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving415 View Post
Do you mean beyond the five-business-day deadline? HPD is a tad flexible on this, say, you'd probably be OK if the agency received the appeal within five to seven business days of the postmark or email date of the marketing agent's rejection of your appeal. If it's more, well, you can submit and see what happens. If the marketing agent failed to inform you about the option of appealing to HPD, that would work in your favor. And since you need to include that rejection letter with your appeal, HPD would see that. I would just submit and see what happens. Or call the Compliance desk, but by doing that you risk getting an outright "no." HPD is currently so behind that it might not notice you're late.
Thanks Moving, informative as usual. What about appealing to the marketing agent late? Is that an automatic denial?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2017, 05:33 PM

1,258 posts, read 1,461,784 times
Probably. That would have been your first step--you have 14 business days from the date of the postmark of your rejection letter to do that. You can't appeal to HPD before the marketing agent rejects you (you have to show HPD a copy of the marketing agent's rejection of your appeal), so if you didn't appeal to the marketing agent within the 14-day time frame, HPD will not accept your appeal. You could try appealing to the marketing agent even if you're past the 14-day limit; it's up to them whether they want to accept it. It's not likely that they will, but you can always try. You have nothing to lose.

Old 11-20-2017, 01:01 PM

91 posts, read 101,799 times
Has anyone done an interview for American copper buildings?

Old 11-20-2017, 01:15 PM

4,767 posts, read 6,555,721 times
Yes, quite a few people:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/new-y...asing-new.html

Old 12-28-2017, 04:57 PM

14 posts, read 38,995 times
How long does it take usually for them to get back to you once they checked your credit score and contact your landlord etc..?
Did anyone here have an interview for watermark?

Old 12-28-2017, 06:38 PM

24 posts, read 28,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo10k View Post
How long does it take usually for them to get back to you once they checked your credit score and contact your landlord etc..?
Did anyone here have an interview for watermark?
I had an interview in October, still waiting for them to send the documents to the city. Does anyone have an idea how long that part can take? :/

Old 12-28-2017, 07:12 PM

6,681 posts, read 6,022,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissieFu View Post
I had an interview in October, still waiting for them to send the documents to the city. Does anyone have an idea how long that part can take? :/
I also had an interview in October and I'm still waiting for my docs to go to the city. It's a bit frustrating, but I'm beginning to look forward to the new year .... and another lottery!

Old 01-08-2018, 08:41 PM

24 posts, read 28,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
I also had an interview in October and I'm still waiting for my docs to go to the city. It's a bit frustrating, but I'm beginning to look forward to the new year .... and another lottery!
Be optimistic, hopefully this is the last lottery you need to sign up for! (Fingers-crossed)

Do let me know if they give you any update, I am curious to see how long the process will take. I've heard that it usually gets close to a year. As long as you don't get that rejection letter you are still on the hunt!

Good luck to us both!

Old 01-16-2018, 09:39 PM

My interview was in sept and I signed my documents today at BG and they are headed onto the city for approval now.

Old 01-16-2018, 09:49 PM

the lady at BG said it could take up to another 3 months for the city approval since they haven't moved onto general population yet
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery