Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2016, 05:00 AM

197 posts, read 253,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavis21 View Post
Hey..my credit score 582 but I did voluntary turn in a car back to the bank n it's on my credit report as voluntary repossession do you think that will affect me
Nope as long s your credit score is over 550 you're good!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2016, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amourlee View Post
At least one of your process is done. I'm still waiting. At this point anything they do that shows they're working on my case will do.
There's two buildings that aren't done yet. I saw them putting up cabnients on Monday

Old 02-03-2016, 07:14 AM

436 posts, read 496,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jess10 View Post
There's two buildings that aren't done yet. I saw them putting up cabnients on Monday
Oh ok. I just hope that's really the reason and I still get the chance of getting an apartment. I just don't want them to not look at my case and not get the chance to qualify.

Old 02-03-2016, 12:14 PM

25 posts, read 70,344 times
Well since my interview was in January, I'm assuming I won't know until March or April. My problem is I'm traveling for 15days in March so I'm honestly hoping that I hear something before then which I probably won't. I'll just have to pay extra for the roaming to see if they contact me.

Old 02-03-2016, 12:19 PM

25 posts, read 70,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Innocentlynik View Post
Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum. I've been reading the posts here all day and they have me nervous!

I was called back in November about an interview but I didn't take it because it was farther from work and I had only put myself and not my mother down. Earlier this month my mother suddenly passed away and now my situation changed. I sent them an email a few weeks ago asking if it was too late and yesterday I got a letter for an interview in two weeks. I have community preference and I'm a city employee so I hope I get it. Problem is, my current apartment wasn't in my name or the bills. And my credit is points away from the minimum. I hope they could work with me because without this place, I'll probably end up homeless in a couple of months

Hey try to build your credit up within the next 2 months. That's what I've been doing my score isn't the best but I've been paying a bill since they called me for an interview and my score has went up by 10 points and that's within 3 weeks so my advice is try your best to build your score up. Even if that means paying $25 or $50 a week on your current bills or whatever has your score low. That's what I'm doing and it's working.

Old 02-04-2016, 02:15 AM

111 posts, read 137,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jess10 View Post
Nope as long s your credit score is over 550 you're good!
Hey jess I call yesterday n they told me that my file is now in management hands that there's two late payments on my credit report

Old 02-04-2016, 02:49 AM

111 posts, read 137,645 times
hey guys does any one with late payments on their credit report cause they're also looking at that too as bad credit

Old 02-04-2016, 05:02 AM

196 posts, read 330,470 times
A few years ago I took my phone bill in an interview and I didn't get it cuz I alway paid it late

But that was in. 2012 and a different building

Old 02-04-2016, 05:08 AM

196 posts, read 330,470 times
If you guy building up your credit here a few advise buy your metrocard , good and everything you put on debt card then just tranfer the money over

You can make multiple payment , you don't have to wait til you get bill

Old 02-04-2016, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavis21 View Post
Hey jess I call yesterday n they told me that my file is now in management hands that there's two late payments on my credit report
I honestly didn't think that late payment Would affect.. Because I have a few late payments especially on student loans.. But I'm confused as to why management has your application. Did you ask them what was the next step..

My suggestion is call and ask to speak to a lady name Angela. Explain your situation and ask her what she advises.. She helped me a lot!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery