Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2019, 03:45 PM

12,789 posts, read 8,285,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseba View Post
I have read this too. Does anyone know why? What makes the Bronx different than the other boroughs?
You don't know why? The South Bronx in particular has TERRIBLE air quality and high asthma rates. It's been that way historically. Lots of industrial areas in parts of the Bronx:

https://www.brickunderground.com/liv...nx-air-quality

The South Bronx historically has always been crapped on... They have most of the housing projects, homeless shelters and other quality of life issues like poor air quality. Shouldn't come as a shocker. You have the major expressways like the Major Deegan there too. As the residents like to say, the folks in Riverdale don't have to deal with that (and it's true). LOL You also have the largest food distribution area in the entire country located where?? South Bronx (Hunts Point). Just think about all of the trucks that come to that area. It's HUGE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2019, 04:15 PM

1,599 posts, read 1,430,014 times
If you have male children there is a top notch private Catholic HS at 164 and Walton. High academic achievers. Pretty good with sports. One of the kids on their ball team is now in the majors.

For Universities plenty of them , public and private, right in the Bronx

Old 01-23-2019, 01:00 AM

7,906 posts, read 7,880,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prgordo View Post
My whole apt is about 700 sq ft living room is small but bedroom is big. My view is towards the parking lot which I prefer so when I get my parking spot ( long ass waiting list) I can see it from the balcony. Apartments cost more if you live on the west and if you live on a higher floor . its all black and latino with a pinch of white people, families and singles like myself, my neighbors are cool.
its basically a middle class working complex. 90% of the people that bought in 50 years ago Im sure they still own so what you see is the grand kids and great grand kids great great grand kids lol

Your apt is big. It’s not bad. I’m not mad. Now the appliances? Nooooooope. This ain’t your fault tho

Old 01-23-2019, 06:48 AM

23 posts, read 36,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
Your apt is big. It’s not bad. I’m not mad. Now the appliances? Nooooooope. This ain’t your fault tho
All the apartments in the complex are huge, but its the layout that makes then a hit or a miss. This is the layout to the B/M units in the complex https://imgur.com/a/dCo1NBA. A quick google and you can see the layout to the other units.

The most noisy units are the ones in the corners (3 bedroom unit that shares a wall with a 2 bedroom unit) because the bedroom closet in the 3 bedroom apartment shares a wall with the bedroom closet in the neighbors 2 bedroom apartment.

Old 01-23-2019, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnStine View Post
All the apartments in the complex are huge, but its the layout that makes then a hit or a miss. This is the layout to the B/M units in the complex https://imgur.com/a/dCo1NBA. A quick google and you can see the layout to the other units.

The most noisy units are the ones in the corners (3 bedroom unit that shares a wall with a 2 bedroom unit) because the bedroom closet in the 3 bedroom apartment shares a wall with the bedroom closet in the neighbors 2 bedroom apartment.

thanks for this. i am looking through the link now

Old 01-28-2019, 06:40 PM

128 posts, read 115,132 times
For those interested In Concourse Village coop

Old 01-28-2019, 06:41 PM

128 posts, read 115,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
I Paid up so I got my own appliances

Old 01-30-2019, 10:47 AM

Quote:
I Paid up so I got my own appliances

sh** just got real. niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiceeeeeee. woop, woop!!!

Old 01-30-2019, 07:43 PM

23 posts, read 36,974 times
Quote:
For those interested In Concourse Village coop
Thank you for that floor map of all the apartments.

As i suspected the H living room did share a wall with the J bedroom. And it appears the G/H apartment bedrooms also share the bedroom wall. Maybe those walls that separate the G/H from the J/F apartments are thicker because while i am in my bedroom B/M i can hear the person in the next apartment C/N sneeze like they are right next to me. Even over hear their full blown conversations while they are on the phone.

Also i was walking down Concourse Village East and happened to look up and saw someone in a M apartment in 775 painted their whole outside balcony wall green but yet when i asked them to repaint my railing or the dividers, they said no. I then asked if i can do it and they said i was prohibited from doing it due to its a special paint. Once it warms up im going to repaint my whole balcony and see what they say.

I cant help but notice that they skipped I lettering on the apartments.

Old 01-30-2019, 08:39 PM

34,076 posts, read 47,260,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnStine View Post
Thank you for that floor map of all the apartments.

As i suspected the H living room did share a wall with the J bedroom. And it appears the G/H apartment bedrooms also share the bedroom wall. Maybe those walls that separate the G/H from the J/F apartments are thicker because while i am in my bedroom B/M i can hear the person in the next apartment C/N sneeze like they are right next to me. Even over hear their full blown conversations while they are on the phone.

Also i was walking down Concourse Village East and happened to look up and saw someone in a M apartment in 775 painted their whole outside balcony wall green but yet when i asked them to repaint my railing or the dividers, they said no. I then asked if i can do it and they said i was prohibited from doing it due to its a special paint. Once it warms up im going to repaint my whole balcony and see what they say.

I cant help but notice that they skipped I lettering on the apartments.
If they skipped I it's no surprise. Certain buildings skip letters like I and O when naming apartments. Certain fonts make I and O look identical to 1 and 0.

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery