Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2017, 06:03 PM

21 posts, read 25,658 times

Advertisements

I went on my interview on 9/15 and everything went well. Still waiting to hear if I was accepted or not, hoping to hear something by Friday. I live near the building and I walk by there often. The lobby is no where near finished. It is completely gutted it seems. The apartments actually look like they are ready for tenants to move in, the ones that I can actually see. It seems like its going to take a while for them to finish the lobby as it looks no where near done. I would imagine that tenants will start moving in by the end of the year. by the looks of what still needs to get done. I will keep you guys posted if I hear anything.

Old 10-04-2017, 06:07 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,847,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLSW22 View Post
I went on my interview on 9/15 and everything went well. Still waiting to hear if I was accepted or not, hoping to hear something by Friday. I live near the building and I walk by there often. The lobby is no where near finished. It is completely gutted it seems. The apartments actually look like they are ready for tenants to move in, the ones that I can actually see. It seems like its going to take a while for them to finish the lobby as it looks no where near done. I would imagine that tenants will start moving in by the end of the year. by the looks of what still needs to get done. I will keep you guys posted if I hear anything.
New light baptist, didn't you go in the lobby a while ago?

SLSW22, whenever I walk by the building I can't get anywhere near the lobby- how did you get to see inside?

Old 10-04-2017, 06:12 PM

The front of the building where the entrance is going to be is completely closed off by the construction going on. There is not even an entrance to the low income building yet. The other entrance for the condos is more than finished, there is even a door man there all day. I walked along 60th st towards freedom place and you can see right into the building. I saw wires hanging from the ceiling and no walls at all.

Old 10-04-2017, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiivile View Post
New light baptist, didn't you go in the lobby a while ago?

SLSW22, whenever I walk by the building I can't get anywhere near the lobby- how did you get to see inside?
That's because there is no lobby to get near lol

Old 10-04-2017, 06:16 PM

Quote:
That's because there is no lobby to get near lol
Earlier in the thread New light baptist posted pics of the lobby, including mailboxes and elevators and such. Are you sure you're not looking at the empty retail space on the northwest corner of the building?

Old 10-04-2017, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Earlier in the thread New light baptist posted pics of the lobby, including mailboxes and elevators and such. Are you sure you're not looking at the empty retail space on the northwest corner of the building?
Oh then I'm not sure. I know I walked down 60th st towards freedom place and it looks no where near done. Is the entrance to the building not going to be on freedom place?

Old 10-04-2017, 06:19 PM

By the way, for those of you who interviewed recently, the easiest way to see if they have processed your file is by looking at your Experian credit report on https://www.freecreditreport.com/

If they pulled your credit, that means you were accepted (Assuming your credit isn't bad and a reason for rejection). They are only allowed to pull your credit if you appear to qualify.

Old 10-04-2017, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Oh then I'm not sure. I know I walked down 60th st towards freedom place and it looks no where near done. Is the entrance to the building not going to be on freedom place?
It is, about halfway down the block. You can see the intercom there already. Here is a drawing:

Old 10-04-2017, 06:23 PM

Quote:
It is, about halfway down the block. You can see the intercom there already.
Oh ok so then maybe that is the retail space that is not done. I know that the street in front of the building is still closed off with construction materials and what not so it makes sense that I cant see it.

Old 10-04-2017, 06:26 PM

Quote:
By the way, for those of you who interviewed recently, the easiest way to see if they have processed your file is by looking at your Experian credit report on https://www.freecreditreport.com/

If they pulled your credit, that means you were accepted (Assuming your credit isn't bad and a reason for rejection). They are only allowed to pull your credit if you appear to qualify.
I've been looking at the credit karma app but I cant tell if they pulled my credit yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery