Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2017, 11:34 AM

116 posts, read 89,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiivile View Post
I wonder if they have paused the lottery again because it does not appear that anyone new is being called, nor does it make sense that someone like hesnyc would be waiting over a month since resubmiting documents without any updates whatsoever.

Whose turn is it to call to ask wtf is going on and when the building will be ready? Are they purposefully delaying this until more millionaires close on their condo sales? Or is there a legitimate delay with the affordable units that doesn't seem to be affecting the market rate units?

There is still the mystery as to why they did not ask for 6 months of bank statements. They cannot approve anyone without this or even send files to HPD without this.
I was ask for 6 months bank statement

Old 10-03-2017, 12:36 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,843,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMinnie View Post
I was ask for 6 months bank statement
When? Why did they ask you for 6 months bank statement but not hesnyc or New light baptist? Weird.

Old 10-04-2017, 05:28 AM

712 posts, read 771,562 times
It seems that they are going around in circles. Friday it will be 4 weeks since I submitted the updated documents. If no movement is made more updated documents will need to be submitted the first week of December, which is right around the corner. How many times will this been done? This is past ridiculous and it is not humane to treat people like this. I guess it doesn't make a difference with them if the apts never become occupied. Going up against the city is a huge undertaking but they need to take the tax benefit from them and those who live in glass houses.

Old 10-04-2017, 07:17 AM

275 posts, read 257,046 times
I wonder if the log got messed up. That would explain why they have been calling new people for this development that weren't called before-they just lost those pages or something and now they have to go back and make sure they are actually doing it in order.

Old 10-04-2017, 08:06 AM

712 posts, read 771,562 times
???????? Who knows?????? It appears they are just as much in the dark as we are.

Old 10-04-2017, 09:02 AM

4,777 posts, read 6,581,779 times
Someone on the Hudson Yards thread was just approved for an apartment there, and he or she mentioned that the whole process, from initial contact to approval, took three months. That's the way it should be, not what you guys are going through!!!

Old 10-04-2017, 10:21 AM

9 posts, read 9,739 times
I submitted paper work 3 weeks ago. I have been reading along this thread. Doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to this process.

Old 10-04-2017, 10:31 AM

377 posts, read 509,719 times
Here's a suggestion: Maybe each of you should send certified registered letters to HPD and BG inquiring about the status of your applications. I would think that such an action would get a response?

I went through the same frustrating process you guys are going through.....I am keeping my fingers crossed for you all.

BTW, Starbucks is now open at 21 WE. Also on Oct 14, the 2nd annual street festival sponsored by 21 WE will take place on freedom pl s. between 60th and 61st Sts.

Old 10-04-2017, 10:36 AM

1,214 posts, read 1,843,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereGoesNothing View Post
I submitted paper work 3 weeks ago. I have been reading along this thread. Doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to this process.
When were you interviewed? What's your log #? Any preferences?

Old 10-04-2017, 11:26 AM

9 posts, read 9,739 times
To be honest I don't know my log# I apply to the housing connect buildings so often that I just click and forget. I tried going back to housing connect to see my application but I don't see it up there anymore. I am going for a 2br I might be in the higher bracket now but when I applied I was in the middle. But I'm still within the range. When I interviewed I was advised they are looking to move people in October. It's making me nervous. If they offer you a place how long will they hold or give you to before move in and payments. I mean yes, you have to stay ready but just not sure how timely it will all be. I submitted all my paper work and still haven't seen any action on my credit report. I also signed the application to have my application reviewed. I do live on upper westside already. I think you guys call it cb preference? I have called BG but I haven't been able to reach the person that interviewed me. But I am staying positive and even if it is next month I will be happy to move!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery