Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2017, 03:40 PM

275 posts, read 257,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiivile View Post
It is clear now that BG is just as much in the dark as us. At this point it really seems like BG was told by the developer that they are awaiting the TCO, which is the normal procedure, but the developer hasn't told BG to proceed with the lottery yet (even though the TCO was already issued) because they are finishing up with some other stuff. For example, we already know from New light baptist that the lobby is not yet complete, and so we will just have to wait until that (and anything else they want to finish) is ready. Once everything is finished, we have to hope that the developer is as eager to fill the units as we are to occupy them and that they will tell BG to resume the lottery ASAP.
But they have a direct line to the developers. In their previous email, they said that the building gave them a timeline for receiving the TCO of late August to early September. I don't know whey thy can't reach out for an update for us, especially when we have said the TCO is already issued. Fine if we still need to wait, but since their old estimate of resuming in mid-august is now defunct, I think they owe us an updated time frame. I know this isn't a priority for them, but like you said, it's been six months since they started interviewing people and we're two weeks shy of one year since the lottery first opened!!

Old 08-17-2017, 03:54 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,847,113 times
I just asked a broker for the market rate building and he said that closings have not started yet but they are anticipating closings to begin at the end of August or beginning of September. The entire building will most likely not be completed until winter.

All in all, who knows. Sad to say, we just have to be patient. It's a complex messy process with many levels of management. I think the construction workers or security guards probably know better than anyone else. Maybe someone should go there on a weekday and talk to a construction worker or a project manager

Old 08-17-2017, 04:13 PM

712 posts, read 772,578 times
We have to resign ourselves to the fact that we have to wait it out. It is out of our control. Pray that the emails,calls or snail mail comes for all of us on the same day. It's going to be more stressful when they do start calling.

Old 08-17-2017, 04:35 PM

Look in the bright side. The longer this takes, the better our chances, as other people also waiting who aren't on these forums may get disqualified for a billion different reasons.

Old 08-17-2017, 06:22 PM

712 posts, read 772,578 times
I have been doing a lot of thinking since I've gotten involved in this lottery. This is the building that I want an apartment in and it has been the only one that I fit into the income requirement. I have made a decision that if I don't get a lease for 10FP, I'm not trying for anymore lotteries, this is too stressful. Plus, there is no other location I would want to live. I am still blessed to live on the UWS.

Old 08-17-2017, 06:27 PM

It is strange that they said that they haven't received any updates yet. They said they would restart the lottery in mid-August because they expected the C/O to be issued in late August or early September. If they're not restarting the lottery yet, does that mean they HAVE received an update that the building wouldn't be ready be late August-early September? Or else they would have restarted the lottery in mid August like they said they would. Again, the broker for the market rate apts said to me that they are on track for closings to begin in late August-early September, like BG said.

Old 08-18-2017, 03:47 AM

116 posts, read 89,501 times
Quote:
It is strange that they said that they haven't received any updates yet. They said they would restart the lottery in mid-August because they expected the C/O to be issued in late August or early September. If they're not restarting the lottery yet, does that mean they HAVE received an update that the building wouldn't be ready be late August-early September? Or else they would have restarted the lottery in mid August like they said they would. Again, the broker for the market rate apts said to me that they are on track for closings to begin in late August-early September, like BG said.
Well that still good news because they did say Midaug-Sept, so anything after will be scary but right now we still fall in the time frame... because the calls can start pouring in Aug 21st or sept 1st... just pray on it... but I really think once the lobby is done & the walkway they probably give them the go ahead

Old 08-18-2017, 03:59 AM

116 posts, read 89,501 times
I see the new building on 57 that own by the same developer lottery closes Oct 11, 2017... so I wonder is there a connection?

Because these ppl want to make a profit, I can't see them building more buildings without filling them up.

For some reason I got a feeling they going to start calling us back around Aug 28, that the last Monday of the month

Old 08-18-2017, 07:10 AM

375 posts, read 324,496 times
If I may chime in here....

I think they might be taking their time because there is still ongoing construction from what I see and can tell from looking out my window. I also thought I saw some movement last night is certain units but I couldn't tell if they were individuals who've moved in or construction workers. Whatever the case is, hang in there folks and good luck to everyone! Its a beautiful building in a wonderful neighborhood!

Old 08-18-2017, 07:34 AM

275 posts, read 257,723 times
Quote:
I just asked a broker for the market rate building and he said that closings have not started yet but they are anticipating closings to begin at the end of August or beginning of September. The entire building will most likely not be completed until winter.

All in all, who knows. Sad to say, we just have to be patient. It's a complex messy process with many levels of management. I think the construction workers or security guards probably know better than anyone else. Maybe someone should go there on a weekday and talk to a construction worker or a project manager
I'm not sure how reliable those brokers are. I've called them a few times starting way back in May and they told me that they expected closings in early June. They seem to always give a date that is about two weeks away. I really hope they are more accurate this time. I would love for someone to give us a straight update of what to expect. It's just been such a long time! I've been looking back at other lotteries, and they all have people moving in around one year after the lottery was first opened if not before

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrooveRite View Post
If I may chime in here....

I think they might be taking their time because there is still ongoing construction from what I see and can tell from looking out my window. I also thought I saw some movement last night is certain units but I couldn't tell if they were individuals who've moved in or construction workers. Whatever the case is, hang in there folks and good luck to everyone! Its a beautiful building in a wonderful neighborhood!
Thanks for the update and encouragement, GrooveRite! I am really looking forward to when this is all over. I know we don't have much choice but to keep waiting, and it's not like waiting itself is a hard task. I'm just very anxious to get out of my current situation and get on with my life. This building will definitely be worth it if it happens. If it doesn't...I think I'll be mad at myself for still being here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery