Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2019, 06:25 AM

20 posts, read 23,616 times

Advertisements

Thanks for info.....fingers crossed all goes well with you. hopefully I hear from them soon my log# 22,xxx its crazy but I'm hopeful
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2019, 09:40 AM

16 posts, read 18,358 times
I called this morning and was told they are starting non preference. Can someone call and confirm this as well. I spoke to a Ms. Lewis.
212 348-3248

Old 10-08-2019, 11:45 AM

77 posts, read 52,004 times
They asked for all information n that’s all oh and about why I wanted to live over there and all. It was pretty straight to the point . I was so nervous.

Old 10-08-2019, 12:20 PM

31 posts, read 58,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadypinesma View Post
I found you! I was wondering who it was who got in from his parents' app.

Did they need to speak to your father? Or was the notarized letter enough?
The notarized letter was all they required at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximo896 View Post
I don't know how they pick from the list. Friend was number 381 for a studio off the 2014 list and he moved into a studio 10/2017
Doesn't that sound odd.
Also, anyone know when the letters for the 2019 list will go out? Or did they go out already.
I am hoping and praying I get on the studio or one bedroom list.
Cheers!!
This was just included on the board of directors meeting minutes that went out today:

Update on the Penn South Lotteries: HPD notified us that there were a total of 26,961 lottery submissions. Most interesting to me is that 94.9% of lottery submissions were done online. The statistical breakdown of application requests received by bedroom size is as follows:

Studio: Online entry - 6,687; Paper entry - 119
One Bedroom: Online entry - 11,628; Paper entry - 1,179
Two Bedroom: Online entry - 7,284; Paper entry - 64

HPD drew names in the lottery recently and we have received the spreadsheet of applicants selected in the lotteries. No applications have been sent out yet, but Management is preparing to mail these during the first week of November. A precise update will be provided to the board in October and included in the report of proceedings.

Old 10-08-2019, 01:12 PM

123 posts, read 97,033 times
November! They are killing us with anticipation.

Old 10-08-2019, 02:08 PM

4,783 posts, read 6,604,400 times
I'm going to try to put it out of my mind until then.

According to the PDF: There will be a limit of 400 studio, 600 one-bedroom, and 250
two-bedroom applicants drawn from the supervised lottery.

So the odds aren't exactly good! But best of luck to all!

Old 10-08-2019, 03:17 PM

52 posts, read 51,792 times
Shaniqua lewis? She’s very helpful and I’m sure you can trust her. There may be some truth to this because there are tons of people in the building now. It happened so quickly! There have to be at least 70 occupied apartments. Good luck guys! Get those documents in order.

Old 10-08-2019, 04:07 PM

1,339 posts, read 1,690,179 times
Thanks for the inside scoop! I really hope we all get a log number and things go as quickly as the 2014 lottery seems to have gone.

It appears to me that they might be holding the lotteries closer in time now because it is a NORC. I do a lot of sleuthing online about Penn South (lol) and a majority of the photos of the community show all elderly people. I'm thankful they have an affordable place to live.

Old 10-08-2019, 05:19 PM

4,783 posts, read 6,604,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadypinesma View Post
Thanks for the inside scoop! I really hope we all get a log number and things go as quickly as the 2014 lottery seems to have gone.

It appears to me that they might be holding the lotteries closer in time now because it is a NORC. I do a lot of sleuthing online about Penn South (lol) and a majority of the photos of the community show all elderly people. I'm thankful they have an affordable place to live.
Another factor is that Penn South is also quite expensive for newcomers, compared with some other limited-equity co-ops. Yes, it's still a great deal, and I will be thrilled if I make it on to the list. But even coming up with half of the money for the buy-in (I guess you can borrow the other half) can be quite a challenge for many people if you don't have family money.

Old 10-08-2019, 06:14 PM

430 posts, read 508,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
Another factor is that Penn South is also quite expensive for newcomers, compared with some other limited-equity co-ops. Yes, it's still a great deal, and I will be thrilled if I make it on to the list. But even coming up with half of the money for the buy-in (I guess you can borrow the other half) can be quite a challenge for many people if you don't have family money.
It’s 25% down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery