Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2020, 04:33 PM

18 posts, read 16,949 times

Advertisements

crissylove congrats! im glad you finally got somewhere with them! if you dont mind me asking how many people in your houshold you applied with that they assigned you a 1bdrm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2020, 06:09 PM

515 posts, read 525,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crissylove View Post
Malky told me on Tuesday after that email was sent on Monday that I was on the wait list ! .....so now after I call Edwin they reached my number. And Malky wasn’t the person at reside to contact me. Who knows if Malky got in trouble with Edwin for telling me this
Crazy. I’m gonna try Edwin tomorrow because every single time I ask Malky a question he/she does not answer it.

Malky responded to my email for an update and said that applications were being reviewed and they’ll reach out when appropriate then literally half hour later I got the waitlist email blast. I was so confused because what that email was saying and what he/she had said just 30 minutes prior was not adding up.

All I want to know is if once my number is reached will there be a unit available for me(since I qualify for all size units I thought maybe I had a chance)and they are so incompetent to look at the list and decipher whether I’m #40 on the CB list to be processed or #100.
If I’m somewhere above #60 I’ll say cool so it’s only a matter of time till you reach out if they say I’m #100 and there’s only 60units for CB then obviously I’ll stop asking questions and expect to be on the waitlist.

It’s really that simple. If they were honest with everyone and told us what spot we’re in, we all wouldn’t be reaching out to them every 5 minutes asking for an update.

Last edited by Mimilove; 03-05-2020 at 06:43 PM..

Old 03-05-2020, 07:08 PM

73 posts, read 67,853 times
I am overrrrr it!!! Lol I sent the email to hpd too because the lady had no idea about it n said she would have the project manager reach me which he hasn’t but I spoke to reside yesterday as well and was told that only Apts available are studios now everyone here has different stories if this ain’t fishy idk what is!! Crissy do you have preference I can’t remember if u said so or not

Old 03-06-2020, 06:38 AM

7 posts, read 6,376 times
Ima a house hold of 3 and cb

Old 03-06-2020, 07:22 AM

73 posts, read 67,853 times
Oh ok and they only offered a 1 bedroom for 3 ppl they must be out of 2 bedrooms then I’m assuming?

Old 03-06-2020, 07:41 AM

7 posts, read 6,376 times
I believe so ...or maybe because it’s a baby

Old 03-06-2020, 07:58 AM

26 posts, read 24,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crissylove View Post
I believe so ...or maybe because it’s a baby
Congrats!! So good to hear that someone in this forum finally got lucky. I'm so mad at whatever shadiness reside was trying to get away with. My sister called Edwin yest morning and he was breathing heavily and was extremely upset. He said he was going to get to the bottom of why reside is giving that information and was going to follow up with her by Monday. I will definitely update you guys when he calls my sister back.

So what's the next step crissy? They asked you to go in and view the unit or just stated that they have a 1 br available for you. I would also call Edwin and double check 100% that there isn't a 2 br still left for cb. At this point reside can't be trusted and they might give what they want and still have a 2 br available for you.

Old 03-06-2020, 08:10 AM

5 posts, read 3,564 times
Nice! Congrats crissylove! So since crissylove is cb and got the same email blast, then Mimi is right about preassigned apartments! Malky told me through email there’s only studios because there’s probably technically only studio units available as we speak.

Old 03-06-2020, 09:59 AM

11 posts, read 9,718 times
Reside is a joke. I’m going to tell you everything that has happened to me. I went to my appointment nov 19. And a few days later I went again to give some more paperwork that I felt was missing. That same day they realized that they erased all of my family info. So then the lady tells me oh don’t worry u can leave we’ll get this fixed I said no I’m staying until I know everything is input correctly again. My husband and I were there for 45 min before someone came and helped her. The dec 13 I get a rejection because I missed my appt. I emailed malky and was emailed back saying disregard that message. Well about a month later I emailed to see the status of my application and they said they we processing paperwork and would get back to me as appropriate. Then a month after that I asked again what was the status of my application and malky emailed me back saying they were finalizing some applications before mine and I would be contacted as appropriate. Two weeks after that I get the same email about being on the waiting list. I emailed malky back again asking if it were true and malky emailed me back saying that yes I was on a waitlist and that if a 2 bedroom were to become vacant I would be contacted. I also got that email about the open house in the Bronx. So I emailed malky back and said this:
Good morning.
I’m a bit confused because when you call reside they’re a bit confused to why that email was sent out. There response was that only half of the CB units have been filled. If I am actually on the waiting list isn’t there a formal email or form that needs to be given to every client that is going to be on the waiting list? I want to make sure I don’t loose an opportunity of having my paperwork be reviewed. I’m sorry if I’m being consistent but I know there’s a 50/50 chance to get approved or not and I just need to make sure that it’s being fair to everyone.
This was the response I got back:
You will still get a formal email with whatever your status is. We just wanted to update you along the way though.
I immediately called Edwin from HPD and told him everything that has happened to me. Especially because that response doesn’t match with me being on a waitlist.
Edwin said he was going to contact them because it’s ridiculous that I’ve been through all that with them and that to call him back on Monday so that he can give me more information about my application

I’ve had it with reside. All I know is that I’m not going to stop investigating what’s really going on with them.

Old 03-06-2020, 10:18 AM

515 posts, read 525,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyngirl0921 View Post
I’ve had it with reside. All I know is that I’m not going to stop investigating what’s really going on with them.
Hi Brooklyngirl! Welcome to the club.
All of this really doesn’t make any sense to me now because now some people are getting processed some are not. HPD says one thing, reside another. It’s so annoying.

Chrissy got some progress yesterday she’s 2xxxCB. I’m 11xxxCB so no progress on my end or anyone else here what’s your log?
I’m hoping to reach out to Edwin today as well, I think the more of us file a complaint with him the more legitimate answers we might get.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: