Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2020, 02:33 PM

515 posts, read 528,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexyStarr View Post
At this point these lotteries are horrible and some people in these forums are worse, and i see now why people don't want to share any sort of information. I gave a little bit of information about my situation and I see now someone threatened to call hpd on the company because their experience isn't what they want it to be.
I agree. I think michelleross is doing too much. S/he has been here for a while asking for updates when s/he has never even been called in for an appointment. Almost everyone here has been called and went to appointments and we still don't have any updates, I don't understand what she keeps fishing for information no one in here has.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2020, 05:32 PM

73 posts, read 67,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimilove View Post
In her case I believe someone messed up big time on the marketing agent's side. Lottery hopeful also believes that log numbers are chosen at random. Since she took what they told her of not being "randomly selected" at face value she did not fight back and investigate what actually happened.

Like I said, marketing agents make errors you can't stop that but you can always correct an error if you stay on top of things. HOWEVER, if no one understands the rules of these lotteries then it's likely that you are going to just agree with whatever the marketing agent tells you which in this case was that she wasn't selected. But did they actually tell her why because what they told her is a lie since log numbers are not randomly selected, log numbers are RANDOMLY ASSIGNED (that's a better way to look it, all your log number really is is your place in line to be processed in the lottery, a number that was randomly given after applications are shuffled) and this isn't something that I made up. It's stated in the marketing handbook and HPD made very clear to me. You said yourself that you called they explained it to you.

If you don't know the rules of a game how can you expect to win?
Yea I’m not saying that what’s ur saying is wrong they did tell me that but I’m saying clearly something is off. If they messed up that bad that’s f-Ed up because what are ur chances of getting that low of a log again! I would have been on their ass like white on rice because that’s just crazy! Also I was thinking if they made it up to 5000 of calling me in for municipal preference that means that more then 50% of those ppl I’m between 1 & 5000 don’t have it right? Because I can’t see them calling that many ppl for 7 Apts set aside for this preference right? If 120 were called for 60 cb Apts imagine only 7

Old 02-20-2020, 05:56 PM

91 posts, read 92,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citygal365 View Post
Going back to this post makes that system they are saying they go by make no god damn sense!! How she’s #3 with 2 preferences 7 Apts and not selected?
Quote:
Going back to this post makes that system they are saying they go by make no god damn sense!! How she’s #3 with 2 preferences 7 Apts and not selected?

I did an appeal with HPD and LOST! What was told to me was this:
I have two preferences Mobility and CB,

7 apts for 2 br's

1 is set aside for mobility (in my case #2 was mobility)
1 for vision
1 for municipal

4 for CB

They DO NOT have to select from one specific preference group when it comes to set asides they can pick from each group should the marketing agent decide to. Then when they get to CB they go from 4, 5, 6, so forth and so forth. To keep it fair and that all preferences are reached. I can either be considered for mobility OR CB. Again this is only for preference groups. In this case I was called for mobility and wasn't considered for CB.

Hope it makes sense. And I'm so over this lottery business. HPD, management companies, all of them LOL

Old 02-20-2020, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lottery_hopeful View Post
Hope it makes sense. And I'm so over this lottery business. HPD, management companies, all of them LOL
We ALL need to get over it. These stupid things are going to kill us with all the anxiety it causes.
At this point I’ve lost hope for everything lottery.
I’ve started just applying and forgetting about it, if I ever get an apartment offered or called for one another great, if not I’ll be okay. I’ve only reached out once for an update for this lottery and don’t care to reach out to reside or HPD for updates anymore that’s how I know I don’t even care anymore.

Old 02-20-2020, 06:24 PM

Quote:
We ALL need to get over it. These stupid things are going to kill us with all the anxiety it causes.
At this point I’ve lost hope for everything lottery.
I’ve started just applying and forgetting about it, if I ever get an apartment offered or called for one another great, if not I’ll be okay. I’ve only reached out once for an update for this lottery and don’t care to reach out to reside or HPD for updates anymore that’s how I know I don’t even care anymore.
Same here! I was like but WAIT... I am CB preference as well! Their response? We don't go back we go forward! Eff em all lol. Low log, high log, preferences, it's truly the luck of the draw.
OVER IT.

Old 02-20-2020, 07:10 PM

Quote:
In her case I believe someone messed up big time on the marketing agent's side. Lottery hopeful also believes that log numbers are chosen at random. Since she took what they told her of not being "randomly selected" at face value she did not fight back and investigate what actually happened.

Like I said, marketing agents make errors you can't stop that but you can always correct an error if you stay on top of things. HOWEVER, if no one understands the rules of these lotteries then it's likely that you are going to just agree with whatever the marketing agent tells you which in this case was that she wasn't selected. But did they actually tell her why because what they told her is a lie since log numbers are not randomly selected, log numbers are RANDOMLY ASSIGNED (that's a better way to look it, all your log number really is is your place in line to be processed in the lottery, a number that was randomly given after applications are shuffled) and this isn't something that I made up. It's stated in the marketing handbook and HPD made very clear to me. You said yourself that you called they explained it to you.

If you don't know the rules of a game how can you expect to win?
Quote:
I did an appeal with HPD and LOST! What was told to me was this:
I have two preferences Mobility and CB,

7 apts for 2 br's

1 is set aside for mobility (in my case #2 was mobility)
1 for vision
1 for municipal

4 for CB

They DO NOT have to select from one specific preference group when it comes to set asides they can pick from each group should the marketing agent decide to. Then when they get to CB they go from 4, 5, 6, so forth and so forth. To keep it fair and that all preferences are reached. I can either be considered for mobility OR CB. Again this is only for preference groups. In this case I was called for mobility and wasn't considered for CB.

That’s some bull****!! Smh

Old 02-20-2020, 07:13 PM

I’ve lost all hope not even checking in for into anymore I’m over it as well and annoyed

Old 02-20-2020, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Same here! I was like but WAIT... I am CB preference as well! Their response? We don't go back we go forward! Eff em all lol. Low log, high log, preferences, it's truly the luck of the draw.
OVER IT.
Woooow. I would have cursed them out and threaten to sue even though I know it wouldn’t have made a difference lol at least I would have gotten some anger out because that response they gave was absolutely ridiculous.

Old 02-20-2020, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Woooow. I would have cursed them out and threaten to sue even though I know it wouldn’t have made a difference lol at least I would have gotten some anger out because that response they gave was absolutely ridiculous.
Girl I have no energy left after all of these interviews. DONE!
Something will come through for ALL of US. Hopefully soon because if I have to plop down 3-4k for a two bedroom I swear I will move out of state QUICK!

Old 02-20-2020, 08:18 PM

Quote:
That’s some bull****!! Smh
VERY MUCH SO!
I've gotten so many different stories from management and HPD and HDC. HDC is a whole beast within itself and has their own ways of doing things and aren't overseen by HPD at all. That's how me and Mimi got into it moons ago because some of the places I interviewed for were under HDC but on the housing connect website. She was right with what she said but I also was right. It all depends on who is doing what. A total headache it has been. Not enough Aleve in the world to take it away either!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: