Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2020, 09:24 AM

18 posts, read 16,965 times

Advertisements

Anyone here have hpd phone number i can call to get more information or file a complaint if there was a mistake?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2020, 09:58 AM

73 posts, read 67,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleross View Post
Anyone here have hpd phone number i can call to get more information or file a complaint if there was a mistake?
I don’t have the # I’ve asked and got no response but I do believe just because you have a lower log # does not mean that you were selected which is why you were not contacted. I could be wrong but I believe that’s how it works

Old 02-17-2020, 10:49 AM

i emailed the project manager and she responded saying they havn't started contacting no preferences but expect to start contacting by next month. i also found the email to hpd housing connect and emailed them explaining the situation. As someone wrote before they are supposed to go in order starting from 1 so if they havn't been at least hpd might look into this.

Old 02-17-2020, 11:26 AM

Quote:
i emailed the project manager and she responded saying they havn't started contacting no preferences but expect to start contacting by next month. i also found the email to hpd housing connect and emailed them explaining the situation. As someone wrote before they are supposed to go in order starting from 1 so if they havn't been at least hpd might look into this.
Yes I don’t agree that they start at 1 I believe they go back in order to the lowest log actually selected. But again I could be wrong. I just think that makes more sense as to why some people with low log #’s aren’t contacted at all.

Old 02-17-2020, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citygal365 View Post
Yes I don’t agree that they start at 1 I believe they go back in order to the lowest log actually selected. But again I could be wrong. I just think that makes more sense as to why some people with low log #’s aren’t contacted at all.
Also sounds like they lied if lexy was contacted and has no preference with a log higher then yours which is why again I don’t believe it starts back at one. I’ve had really low log #’s with preference and still never was contacted for multiply properties

Old 02-17-2020, 11:42 AM

i agree with they could have lied. I have been told they pulled my number and will contact, i have been told to wait they havnt selected anyone, i have been told all no preference already contacted and alot more... who knows shes the only one so far who said no preference and was contacted. this whole thing seems off, the only thing i can think of is to contact hpd and keep calling to see whats up

Old 02-17-2020, 11:45 AM

Quote:
i agree with they could have lied. I have been told they pulled my number and will contact, i have been told to wait they havnt selected anyone, i have been told all no preference already contacted and alot more... who knows shes the only one so far who said no preference and was contacted. this whole thing seems off, the only thing i can think of is to contact hpd and keep calling to see whats up
Yes definitely don’t give up hope and just keep trying till you get a straight answer

Old 02-17-2020, 02:46 PM

515 posts, read 526,001 times
Guys HPD’s number is on google. It’s 212-863-6300. When you call it’s 4 for the marketing unit.
Please have them explain the process of how they choose log numbers for interviews.
Low log number are always and will always be processed as long as they meet the requirements. And a low long number would be 1-50 maybe 1-100 if there are a large amount of units available. When talking about preference it’s the same thing. The difference with preference is that all log numbers are spread out so a preference can start with the number 1 or it can start with 1000.

It’s possible that lexystarr was called in by mistake since she says she has no preference.
It is possible that when she applied for 420 Kent she did have preference, like maybe she lived in the CB area but has since moved, so she would have been called for preference because that’s what’s on her application. If she was called for a preference and they later find out she can no longer be counted in said preference group she will get thrown into the general population list and not be processed until her number is reached.

The likelihood of reside doing anything shady is highly unlikely. The city has had some legal issues in the last few years due to these people running these lotteries doing shady things.

If you have not been called it’s because you either don’t have preference, they have not reached your log number or your low number is not as low las you think it is.

Guys just because you got a log # 1000 out of 80,000 doesn’t mean it’s low when there are only 100 apartments. Do you really believe that only 50 people out of 999 will qualify??? Doubt it. Especially not in lotteries like 420 Kent where it’s for 60% AMI. low AMIs are the easiest ones to fill because there are an abundance of people who qualify in NYC.

Old 02-17-2020, 05:29 PM

Mimi you are absolutely correct but from speaking to people who have already been through the process as well as doing some research you would be surprised how many people just click apply without checking the income guidlines first. As well as people who do not check their email often and miss the email or people who don't bother to appeal their denial email. Some slower developments like this one the applicants may have already moved elsewhere or won another lottery. When reading into log numbers the numbers up to 5000 are considered excellent and anything below in groups of several thousand is relativly less so. Why that is? When developments call up people for interviews the will call anywhere from 5 to 7 times the amounts of units available. This isnt talking about preferences but in general thats how it works. So with numbers in the 1000 or 3000 is still a really good chance because you never know. Good luck to everyone who has their hopes high.

Old 02-17-2020, 06:44 PM

515 posts, read 526,001 times
Quote:
Mimi you are absolutely correct but from speaking to people who have already been through the process as well as doing some research you would be surprised how many people just click apply without checking the income guidlines first. As well as people who do not check their email often and miss the email or people who don't bother to appeal their denial email. Some slower developments like this one the applicants may have already moved elsewhere or won another lottery. When reading into log numbers the numbers up to 5000 are considered excellent and anything below in groups of several thousand is relativly less so. Why that is? When developments call up people for interviews the will call anywhere from 5 to 7 times the amounts of units available. This isnt talking about preferences but in general thats how it works. So with numbers in the 1000 or 3000 is still a really good chance because you never know. Good luck to everyone who has their hopes high.
Call HPD they will explain the process to you from A to Z, including how they pick the numbers for interviews.
Also the marketing handbook is very very helpful.
By your logic you’re saying that reside just called 300 to 420 people for CB preference alone. Which is absolutely ridiculous given that there’s only 60 units for CB. They call maybe 2 times the amount of units at most not 5 to 7 times.
Numbers in the 1000s are great, IF you have preference OR you’re applying for an AMI of 130% and up.

For this lottery your log number is in the 1500 so let’s minus maybe 300 people that are called in for preference and let’s minus another 500 people who don’t meet the requirement. That leaves 700 people to be processed for the 46 apartments that are left. The probability that those 46 units would be filled with the first 1-200 log number is high.

Then again you never know if you’ll be called. But you should chill, like none of us here have gotten anything yet, you should know that ALL preferences are processed before general population is processed. All of this is in the early stages.

Last edited by Mimilove; 02-17-2020 at 07:13 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: