Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2020, 11:54 AM

26 posts, read 24,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimilove View Post
I believe Kveras is referring to the project manager for 420 Kent at HPD NOT the one from reside.
Malky Brown does not do the final approval, HPD does, and in this case it would be Edwin at HPD I believe that's who she spoke to.

Seems like Edwin hasn't given approval for all units yet if he's saying that he still is only half way through with CB.

I also got an email from Malky yesterday, he/she didn't mention that no more units were available, just that they are still reviewing.

NOW I don't know if their response to me was because technically I still qualify for what's left or what.

I think we can all accept we all been waitlisted even though it makes no sense.
Yes according to Edwin the hpd project manager they are no where near done with CB so I just don't understand why malky is stating that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2020, 11:58 AM

73 posts, read 67,964 times
Maybe they’re tired of us harassing them lol idk what’s going on but a lot of this is making no sense! There’s no way we’re told one week they’re still working on disability and will start with cb soon to they filled all preferences within that week that’s bull****!!

Old 03-03-2020, 12:05 PM

515 posts, read 528,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kveras446 View Post
Yes according to Edwin the hpd project manager they are no where near done with CB so I just don't understand why malky is stating that.

Maybe reside was being bombarded with questions about 420 Kent and to shut everyone up they sent that email or they really assigned all units like they said.

I have no idea, but I guess I'm just gonna take it for what it seems to be and that is that we all just got waitlisted. Guess every one of us in here were part of the extras, which is crazy.

AND I'm super surprised that even your sister wasn't reached because at 3xxxCB with 60 units available it's just crazy to me.

Old 03-03-2020, 04:16 PM

11 posts, read 9,770 times
I called Edwin today but didn’t get to reach him. I’m just highly upset that I was told yes I’m waitlisted. That’s completely unfair to say if in reality we aren’t yet 100%. I hope to reach Edwin tomorrow so that he can tell me about my case.

Old 03-03-2020, 04:22 PM

Something seems really off about this and I think we’re all owed an explanation because how is it that we all been checking and not once were we told they were done with cb yet alone even had reached it I’m really pissed

Old 03-03-2020, 04:23 PM

The fact that no one in here when reaching out was told they had reached cb and were filling those spots and now all of a sudden it’s completely filled is mind blowing!!

Old 03-03-2020, 04:26 PM

I know nothing with these lotteries are guaranteed and I understand that but this was very mis leading the information we were given sorry just venting

Old 03-03-2020, 04:39 PM

515 posts, read 528,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citygal365 View Post
I know nothing with these lotteries are guaranteed and I understand that but this was very mis leading the information we were given sorry just venting
Very misleading and annoying. Also the email blast says that general population will be processed in the summer of 2020 that’s at least 3 months away. If almost everything is already leased up why is it going to take them an additional 3 months or more to finish all this?? Lol it really doesn’t make sense.

They also sent out an email blast. They didn’t send me the HPD waitlisted notice that I have always gotten in all past lotteries so what’s up with that. They have templates for every single notice that they are suppose to use.

Unless they have preassigned units to people that they haven’t processed yet I honestly don’t understand this.

ANDDDD then I got an email to schedule an appointment for viewing of a lottery at 130% that they still have not filled. Something I never even applied for. Something I don’t even qualify for. Reside is a joke at this point. That email had pissed me off even more lol.

Old 03-03-2020, 05:02 PM

Exactly why would it take them to summer for general population that’s unheard of and the nerve of them sending that lmao the lady at hpd today asked me if I have received any of those templates and I said no and she said it’s weird that I haven’t but she doesn’t work with that building so she would have someone get back to me so your completely correct about the templates cuz she told me the exact thing. Hopefully we get some clear answers like tomorrow!

Old 03-04-2020, 07:20 AM

6 posts, read 5,519 times
What is the number everyone is calling? I have a log number in the single digit with no preference and still have not heard a word. I check my emails constantly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: