Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2020, 02:58 PM

885 posts, read 1,377,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLANOE412 View Post
Thanks yeah same as me it's a huge adjustment I was planning on Lowes or Ikea. I want to get an island that has seating around it so it can replace the dining area because it's not a huge space between the kitchen and living room and idk if thats because my unit is in the corner which works for me because I don't have a neighbor on either side only above & beneath lol and its the reason the living room has 3 windows which all includes blinds and the central sir system which we control
Gotcha! Yeah that makes sense. I already have a dining room table with 4 chairs so i'd have to see if I have space for both. Maybe the dining table will be enough to separate the kitchen from the living room. That is a good point! I'm sure the space varies from unit to unit so all we can do is research islands lol and buy a microwave for now until we see the space in our specific units. I would love to not have neighbors on either side of me! lol i'm happy they put in blinds, my current apartment's management folk did not and I had to buy them and have someone install them for me. Central air is a nice touch, is it in the bedrooms too or just the living room?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2020, 03:05 PM

Also, since there is central air does that mean there's no need to install air conditioners in the windows? I currently have 3, 1 in each bedroom and 1 in the living room. Never had central air before so I'm just wondering how that works.

Old 08-06-2020, 03:30 PM

125 posts, read 132,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiniCakes View Post
Thanks for the visual! That's definitely a good look, I never thought about using one, i guess i have to see the space first because I already have a dining table with 4 chairs so I'd need to measure to see if there's space for both. My issue is the lack of countertop space especially since we need to buy a microwave.
Yes! Just an idea. I’ve been looking up like small space modern decor to try to make the best out of a city apartment space. Back in the day apartments were made so spacious! Now they make them so small!

Old 08-06-2020, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasanti View Post
Yes! Just an idea. I’ve been looking up like small space modern decor to try to make the best out of a city apartment space. Back in the day apartments were made so spacious! Now they make them so small!
Yes, that is smart! I'm always checking out home decor on different sites out of habit, now I'm adding "islands" to the list lol I know all about that! some of these prewar units in walk up units further up in the bronx as well as in upper Manhattan are huge! new construction has scaled down apartment sizes significantly in an attempt to meet the demand as well as bring in more revenue through having more apartments. Nothing like having a new place and being the first person to live in your home though!

Old 08-06-2020, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Yes, that is smart! I'm always checking out home decor on different sites out of habit, now I'm adding "islands" to the list lol I know all about that! some of these prewar units in walk up units further up in the bronx as well as in upper Manhattan are huge! new construction has scaled down apartment sizes significantly in an attempt to meet the demand as well as bring in more revenue through having more apartments. Nothing like having a new place and being the first person to live in your home though!
It’s a blessing indeed! I am not going to be specific and pick on the things that could be better because I’m the end our homes will be filled with love and we get to take our time growing the art of what are homes will look like. Everything will fall into place. There is so many cool ideas to shape a space it’s actually my new hobby. Just finding new and different ways to arrange my future home.

Old 08-06-2020, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Also, since there is central air does that mean there's no need to install air conditioners in the windows? I currently have 3, 1 in each bedroom and 1 in the living room. Never had central air before so I'm just wondering how that works.
To answer your question. You shouldn’t need your air conditioners having central ac in your apartment. Usually it’s a unit in each room. It’s temperature controlled and you have control over the temperature you want your home to be

Old 08-06-2020, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Another option is maybe to paint your dining room area a different color.

Old 08-06-2020, 07:56 PM

79 posts, read 84,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLANOE412 View Post
So I was told by the person doing the showing that he will make up and send my lease next week. I have to come sign it & pick up my keys then I will have to meet with the Project Manager that day to discuss move in date because he doesnt want congestion with the construction
So how did they say the security deposit and 1st month goes? How long do you have to deposit it to them?

Old 08-06-2020, 08:44 PM

159 posts, read 233,320 times
Quote:
No need for A.Cs there will be no way to install them. The windows only open 4 Inchs from the bottom pushed out & each room already has both heat & air.

Old 08-06-2020, 08:46 PM

159 posts, read 233,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElBarrio1 View Post
So how did they say the security deposit and 1st month goes? How long do you have to deposit it to them?
Well as far as I know First month & security is to be paid when signing the lease and after you're handed your key to must head straight to the building to meet the project managers he will give you a move in date and a run down on time frame and everything else so you won't be in the construction workers way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery